Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident

There are currently no reviews.
We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident - Let Freedom Ring by Empath

Joshua is living the American Dream, but he knows that his perfect life in the Land of Lincoln is a lie.  He’s about to get honest, and all it will take is some click bait, a dead president, and an empty bottle of Scotch to get him moving.  A coming out story, and a reflection on mankind's inalienable rights.

Trigger warning: profanity as well as references to: sexual assault, slavery, civil rights, the Civil War, and alcohol.
Copyright © 2024 empath; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

A very compelling read. This is a really good take on the coming out story and is very well written, indeed. In a way it is perfect as it is. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thanks @Gary L!  I was ready to leave it as a short story.  It can certainly be read that way.  But I too want to get to know Joshua and Marcus.  There are enough open-ended threads to follow, at least for a while.  I appreciate your taking the time to read it and respond!  Much love!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...