Jump to content
    Fantasy2309
  • Author
  • 1,073 Words
  • 784 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer's too Cold - 7. Chapter 6: Ignorance, Jackassery, and What Not

So, now it has been three days since the whole thing happened. Three days without a scratch. I’d call that an improvement, wouldn’t you? But then…it was three days since Austin texted me. Three whole days. We usually couldn’t go for more than half an hour without texting each other. And now it was three whole days. I’d texted him like a million times but he hadn’t replied. Though, he always told me if he wouldn’t be able to text me. Why didn’t he do that this time…? I can’t stop worrying. I fidgeted with my shirt as I thought of him. Maybe something came up all of a sudden. But then… he couldn’t find enough time to tell me about it…? He cared that little of me…?

 

“JESS!! Come down for lunch, dear!!” Aunt Susan called from outside, interrupting my flow of thought. I hurried out, my stomach rumbling, after looking at myself in the mirror, the bruises almost fading away.

 

 

 

So after lunch, Nat and Britt started making plans about going out. I asked my parents if I could skip this one, as I wanted some rest. They agreed. So, leaving Nat and Britt ranting on and on about shopping and everything, I ran to my room. I switched my laptop on. I logged onto Facebook and started chatting with a few of my friends when my phone buzzed.

 

Melanie: Hey.

 

OMG, finally!!! I’ve been waiting for this human to text me ever since school ended. She was…well Melanie. One of my best friends. She was extremely tall, with long, black hair. She had a dark tan and had beautiful brown eyes. And she was…amazing at every sport. While, I was the guy-who-hurt-himself-even-when-away-from-actual-game. Yeah.

 

Jesse: OMG WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!And hi.

 

Mel: lol. Idiot. My mom took away my phone cuz I was texting too much.

 

Jesse: Mel, who were you texting…?

 

Mel: Shhh. It’s a secret. Im soo not telling you!

 

Jesse: Aww. Come on. You know you’ll be spilling it out sooner or later.

Mel: Later then! k, g2g now. Bbye!!

 

Jesse: Bitch. Fine. Bye.

 

As soon as I sent that text, my thoughts wandered back to Austin, the smile brought by Mel fading away. I texted him again.

 

Jesse: Umm… hey. Is everything alright? Are you ok?

 

I went back to my laptop, trolling the net for something interesting. Anything. Anything to take my mind away from. Well. Everything…

 

 

After an hour of useless trolling, my phone buzzed.

 

Austin: yeah. Everything is alright.

 

Jesse: ummm…are you sure?

 

Austin: didn’t I already tell you that everything is fine?! Stop getting on my nerves!

 

Jesse: but… but… I was just asking… cause you didn’t text me for like three days and…and…

 

Austin: W/e man. I don’t care.

 

Umm…what had happened…? What did I do wrong? He…he just suddenly went all… ugh.

 

Jesse: But Austin I was just asking because I care about you…a lot. And I was worried.

 

As soon as I sent that text…I wish I hadn’t. He knew that I was gay and everything…and had no problem. But if he found out that…that I was in LOVE with him…

 

Austin: Fuck off, man! I told you it is nothing! Why the fuck do you have to be so fucking annoying?!

 

THAT is when I kinda lost it…

 

Jesse: what the hell, man? I was just asking because I care!! And then you go and become this huge jackass!! I didn’t mean to piss you off!! Why do you have to be such a retard about it?!

 

Austin: And why the fuck would you give a shit about me?! I am a horrible person who isn’t nice to anyone and has done nothing in his life that doesn’t do him any good. Why in the fucking hell would you give a damn about me?!

 

Jesse: BECAUSE I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!!

 

 

 

                            ************************************************* 

 

It was almost midnight; and he still hadn’t replied. Everyone else had come back home three hours ago. My mum brought food from McDonald’s for me. I played around with the burger, looking at my phone from time to time, unable to stop fidgeting, to stop worrying… and then Britt comes into my room. “Hey fag.” she said, with one of her evil, bitchy, slutty grins.

 

“Britt. Get lost. I really don’t need this right now. Seriously, get out of my room.” I said, without thinking of whom I was talking to. Then I kinda figured it out.

 

“Wait…WHAT THE FU** DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!”She shrieked, coming closer to me, her face scrunched up into a devilish expression, and yet managing to look deadly pretty.

She slapped me on my face with a sharp paff. Suddenly her mother called from outside,” Brittany dear! Come help me with this, Honey!”

 

“You better watch your tongue, fag,” she said, bringing the color of her face back to normal, calling out to her mother, “Coming, mum!”

 

And everything came rushing down on me, tears pouring down my cheeks.

 

 

I lay there, crying my heart out, all my confusion. The terror. The feelings I had for … Austin. The torture. The pain. It all came down…pouring out of my eyes…but still… it never left me. It all was there. It stayed there.

 

“Jesse…?” I heard Jasper’s voice. I hurriedly wiped my tears and told him to come in. he came in, and jumped onto me giggling with excitement.

 

“WE ARE GOING BACK TO OHIO IN a week! “He screamed. OMG. I NEED TO TELL BELLS! AND…I’m going away from Britt and Nat!!! *Silent scream*. Ok.

 

Jesse(to Bells): OMG GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?!

 

Bells: What, dummy?!

 

Jesse: I’m coming to Ohio in a week! **Scream**

 

Belle: OMG DUDE!!! That’s so cool! Oooo guess who is here...? ;)

 

Jesse: Who…? *Giving you a strange, inquisitive, worried look*

 

Bells: The one and only…Austin! So you come here fast!

 

Jesse: …I g2g. Bye.

 

My happiness drowned in sorrow as thoughts of Austin resurfaced. He is in Ohio. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING IN OHIO?!

Copyright © 2011 Fantasy2309; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..