Jump to content
    faust
  • Author
  • 632 Words
  • 709 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twisted Dawn - 5. Who Am I

I sensed that we were being monitored as we walked down the street deciding the best course of action toward Martin. I knew the mind that was sensing us but I could not readily identify it. As we turned onto the street where my house was, I got a plea for help that emanated from within my house. Altering our course slightly, we turned and descended on the house. Getting closer to the house I noticed that it didn’t even remotely resemble a house anymore.

   

The front of the house looked as if a bomb went off directly at the front door. There were no more windows left anywhere and I could sense that there were only 2 coherent minds inside the entire house, and one of them I could not enter. After staring for a couple of minutes I focused on the front of the house, and used my powers in an attempt to rip the front off the house. As my power sought to extend my will, I just barely had enough time to focus as I caught the house that I had just sent hurtling towards a young couple who decided to stop and stare at the chaos.

  

I stared in horror as Mathias and Ashley took control of the house and slowly returned it to its original position. As I stood and watched the terrified couple slowly back away and ran down the street, I began to wonder what else I could do and how powerful I really was. As I turned to ask Mathias my questions, I felt a strong pull on my mind and when I finally focused again I was inside of my house and once again looking at someone’s hand extended towards my face. Leaning sideways a little to see past the hand, I said don’t move or else, right, and I saw my father flinch before focusing back on his hand.

   

As I forced his hand back down to his side, he looked into my eyes and asked who I was and what I wanted. I gave a thoughtful look, and responded if he couldn’t tell, why should I, and he got even madder. Giggling like a school girl I was completely unprepared when he blasted me in the face with a bolt he manifested using his powers. Extremely pissed that he actually managed to hit me at all, I lifted my hand and raised everything including the house into the air. As his face changed to one of fear and amazement, I started to laugh again and lost control of the house, sending it flying into the night.

   

I didn’t know where we landed, but on first glance you could instantly tell it wasn’t home. It didn’t even smell like home. I looked around the room and saw Mathias and Ashley standing there giving me a look that said what the hell did you do, and my father looking very closely between me and Ashley. As I turned to open the door, I heard a voice behind me say Alex. I stopped walking, and slowly turned around to face the person I thought I would never see again.

   

As I turned around I saw Ashley’s eyes flare with anger and Mathias take a small step back. I walked forward and asked how did they get there and what exactly happened earlier. I continued walking forward and began to lift my hand, when I was told not to or I would probably kill everyone in the room. Thinking that this was very good advice, I walked forward and pulled Erin into a hug. As I released her, I asked her what had happened since we had died, and she said once we died the chaos began.

Copyright © 2011 faust; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..