Jump to content
    faust
  • Author
  • 676 Words
  • 707 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twisted Dawn - 6. Wait...What?

Erin

I stared in horror as I watched Alex and Ashley burn to death in the courtyard. I tried to help them escape from the flames but Martins power of nullification reduced me to a crying, struggling wreck. The power that radiated from Alex’s attempts to escape was so strong that it took Martins nullification plus 6 other psychokinetics to even begin to think they were going to stop him. When Alex looked at me for the last time and said be free, I felt my mind shift and I felt as if I were a goddess.

The knowledge of all that I possessed flooded my mind and I was no longer in control of my thoughts or actions. A prisoner trapped in my own head, I watched as all 7 were thrown backward and held immobile. Turning slowly to face each of the murderers directly, I smiled when they all began to burn themselves. Only Martin didn’t burn. I tried to will fire onto him, or move him to the fire but there was no response from my power or my body. As each of the others died, I could feel Martin’s anger growing.

Still feeling the effects of the power boost, I was not even aware of when my body crossed the courtyard and I came face to face with a very pissed Martin. His hair was now the longest I had ever seen it, and his eyes had began to glow red. When I was finally close enough to reach out and touch him, Martin unleashed a nullification blast right into my face.

My body slowed its advance, and I was finally back in control. I began to walk forward once more, and as I neared Martin fired another nullification blast directly at my face. Being too close to deflect it, I was surprised when the blast faltered and appeared to dispel. I tried to continue walking forward but my body refused to move. The power inside of me seized control once more and moved to overtake Martin.

Focusing intently on the blank look that appeared on Martin’s face, it appeared as if he was having a mental conversation with someone who remained unseen. Suddenly Martin glared at me as he approached me and kneeled at my feet. Bowing forward slightly, Martin quickly unlatched a steel ring that was hanging around my ankle. Finally in control again, I reached out and rubbed a hand through his long hair as I informed Martin that my rule was now absolute.

Looking up into my eyes, Martin told me that everything had went according to the plan and as soon as Alex and Ashley had gone down, Adrian was taken from my house and violently ripped limb from limb. I felt remorse for all of a second, and then I banished it from my mind. I was now the true Goddess and I had no time for these petty issues. As we began to slowly leave the courtyard, I decided to have a little fun on the way home and test out the power boost I had gotten from my graciously dead brother.

I felt raw power overload my senses the first time I called upon my abilities. As they were now quite powerful as well as having an increased quantity of powers, I decided to test out each one on anyone I would happen to meet. Receiving a vision of the past, I saw that the cursed were often times used to empower others by ingesting their slowly beating heart. Calling for the tool to cement my power as absolute, I deftly summoned Adrian’s heart and with it power known so far only to the cursed.

As I completely ingested the heart, I noticed green tint begin to color my vision. My power felt virtually limitless as we once again began our evaluation. Looking towards the portion of town where all seemed peaceful and quiet, I started to chuckle to myself as I found myself saying wait till they get a load of me.

Copyright © 2011 faust; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..