Jump to content
    Gaytron87
  • Author
  • 2,133 Words
  • 1,045 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Missing a part of me - 2. The Reunion

I hugged Sam back tighter then I had anyone in my life. It may have only lasted three seconds but this was a hug to outdo any hug.

“Let me get your bag.” I said reaching for his luggage. Secretly I wanted to act studly around him. As I went to grab his bag he lifted it away from me.

“Oh no big guy, I got this. You can get the one at the baggage claim.” He winked with a sly grin. I think I blushed. I was a little embarrassed and couldn’t get over how cute Sam was. I gave up the fight for his bag and we walked together to get his other luggage.

“What is there to do in this town?” Sam asked as we arrived at the baggage pick up.

“Well, you can hang out with this guy or go to the movies with this guy or if you’re good you can go to lunch with this guy when we get out of here.” I grinned.

“I see… Then I guess I’m going too bored out of my mind.” Sam said seriously. It kind of stung for a second. Even knowing he was joking, it could very well be the truth. What if we weren’t going to turn out to be that good of friends? “I’m joking.” He punched me smiling.

“The only reason you’d be bored with me is because you my friend are boring.” I poked him in the chest trying to regain my cool. It felt like I poked stone. One thing was for sure, he wasn’t going to bore me anytime soon.

“I’m sure you’ll keep things interesting. Those are my bags!” He winked as he ran to the conveyer belt. I definitely felt a spark but it was probably only the yearning of a gay boy. When he approached his bag I was in disbelief. It was huge. I didn’t think they allowed big bags like the one he had on flights. He pulled the bag toward me and gave me the handle. “This is all you big guy.”

“What the hell? I don’t even think this will fit in my car. Did you pack your mom in here?” I strained. The weight from the bag was enormous. Leave it to Sam to over pack. Ever since I could remember he always liked to shove as much as he could into his back pack. I chuckled at the memory.

“What are you laughing at Blake? It’s a bag, with stuff in it. I’ll be here a whole month before my things get here.” Sam looked embarrassed. I couldn’t get over how cute he was. Even after all this time he hadn’t changed. Well, maybe his looks had changed, but he was still the same old Sam I remembered.

“I better get a tip after I’m done loading my car.” I said pulling the bag toward the airport exit.

“You want a tip huh? How about this? Don’t offer to take anyone’s bags.” Sam laughed. The walk to the car was quiet. I was trying not to slow my pace with his bag and find my car. I’m terrible at remember things. Any time I go any where I forget where I park. This time wasn’t any different. It was hot out and I was starting to sweat. I really hope my deodorant didn’t let me down.

“Here we go. The car is right there.” I sighed as we approached my Hyundai Sonata. It wasn’t the most glorious ride in the world but it was mine, and I paid for it on my own. I quickly slid into my car to get the ac blowing and pop the trunk. I walked to the back where I left his bag and contemplated how I would fit his hug bag in. Before I could even attempt it Sam had already plopped it in. I was impressed.

“I got it. I would hate for you to break a sweat.” Sam said playfully. We were both sweaty and the car didn’t promise to be cool for another couple of minutes.

“Get in the car Sam before I leave you and you really will start sweating.” I smiled. He just smiled and looked me up and down. It was like he was seeing me for the first time. I blushed again. This time you couldn’t tell because my checks were red from the heat. The down side to living in Florida is it gets way too hot to be outside.

“Ok, I’ll get in. where are you taking me to eat. I’m Starving!” He yelled jumping into the front seat.

“How about we hit up Steak and Shake?” It was our favorite place to go as kids. We loved it for the milk shakes but they had food there too. It was also the last place we ate at together. It would be the perfect place for our reunion.

“You read my mind Blakey pooh.” He said ruffling my hair as I backed out of the parking spot. I had imagined feeling awkward around Sam at first, but it was like we never were apart. I smiled to myself as we rode to the restaurant. Our conversation hadn’t gone past how his flight was and how hungry he was.

“Tell me were almost there.” Sam groaned clutching his empty stomach. I just looked at him and lifted my eyebrows quizzically. We were only a light away but I wanted to keep him on edge. He stared me in the eye for a minute and smiled.

“I call your bull. We’re almost there. It may have been a couple years but you’re a terrible liar and I can remember where we are. It’s the next light over.” Sam said proud of himself. He sat straight in his chair and drummed on the dashboard excitedly. “I’m going to take you in for all you’re worth. I hope you brought your big bills today. I could eat five burgers and three shakes.”

“Actually I was going to order my food, eat it, sneak away, and leave you with the bill.” I joked.

“Whatever! Wait till you’re out of the driver’s seat. I’m going to beat the crap out of you.” He flexed his arm. He did look built enough to take me out. I hoped he hadn’t gotten violent. I hate when people hit me for no reason. Although a wrestling match against him wouldn’t be too bad.

“You would have to catch me first. And we’re here. So you can waste your time hitting me or we can go in and order.” My eyes rolled back and forth from him to the restaurant.

“Fine we can just eat. You’d probably beat me senseless with how hungry I am. I have no energy at all. Do me a favor and carry me in will ya.” He slumped over in his seat. I can’t get over how cute he is. I would have gladly carried him in but I had to play the cool straight friend. I didn’t want to make things weird. That’s why I determined not to let on that I was gay, at least not for now. I just wanted to enjoy his friendship.

“Do you know what you want?” I sighed, sitting down at our booth. Sam gave me a look and then glanced to the menu. I could tell he was in extreme thought. He would always order cheese fries and a peanut butter shake when we were kids so I was interested to see what he would get now.

“I’m thinking I want some cheesy fries, a burger, and a peanut butter shake. I haven’t had this since I moved.” He threw down the menu confidently. I couldn’t help but smile at him. It was my old buddy sitting in front of me, just older. I couldn’t get over how happy I was. “Do you have some secret to tell me? Do I have something on my face?” He rubbed one of his cheeks. My heart sank into my stomach for an instant. I thought he had figured me out. I’m sure my face gave away my emotion. I played it off as well as I could.

“The only thing on your face is your face. You can’t rub that off.” I hadn’t meant it as an insult but it sounded like a joke anyone would say. He scrunched his eyes looking at me. I realized I hurt his feelings. “Bro I didn’t mean it like that. I was just joking. There’s nothing wrong with your face.”

“Suuuure. It’s ok though. I know I’m beautiful. You’ve been staring at me all day.” He sang. I know he was joking but I felt insecure. I began looking at my menu to prove him wrong. I thought back to when I picked him up and tried remembering if I had really been staring.

“What would you guys like to drink?” Asked our waiter startling me. I must have jumped because Sam laughed loudly. We were ready to order so we didn’t waste any time putting it in.

“Blake, you know what? I was afraid we weren’t going to get along when I got back but it feels like I never left. Well, except that we’re older and a little more hairy. Is that chin stubble I see?” Sam reached over and ran his thumb on my chin. “Yep that’s some man stubble on your chin. Look at you growing up.” His touch sent chills down my body.

“I’ve got more hair then you think.” I felt stupid after I said that. Sam smiled widely. I knew where his brain went after that.

“You too huh? I didn’t want to say anything just in case yours hadn’t come in yet.” He grinned devilishly. I wanted to keep our conversation on this track. Of course I knew he had hair in all kinds of places but it was different when he talked about it. “I can’t wait to see your mom. Let’s hurry up and get out of here.” It was probably the most awkward conversation shift I have ever experienced but it did dull the senses in my pants long enough to get my head straight.

Sam hit me in the arm as we pulled up to my house. “Blake we’re home!!!” Sam jumped out of the car and ran to the door. In a lot of ways this was as much his house as it was mine. We spent a lot of time there together. My mom always made sure Sam new she loved him like a son. I knew he was as happy to see her, as much or even more, then he was to see me.

I walked into the house with Sam’s bags in hand. It wasn’t an easy task but I managed. I heard my mom chattering away inside. She had been cleaning the house all night getting things ready for Sam. It felt like the house was full again. I walked to the kitchen to find my mom arm wrestling Sam.

“Mom, would you stop that we both know you’re stronger than him.” I grinned. Sam gave me a wicked look and within a second my mom pinned his hand to the counter. It was a dirty win but my mom won. Sam was shocked. He hadn’t expected my mom to beat him. I laughed as my mom danced around him. He just dropped his head like a puppy.

“Have you boys eaten yet?” she asked dancing to the refrigerator.

“Yes”

“No”

We answered simultaneously. I guess Sam was still hungry.

“Blake! Did you eat without Sam?” She was serious now. It was like I had broken her favorite vase all over again. Sam just smiled and I braced myself.

“We ate but I’m still hungry.” He saved me from verbal thrashing with those words. My mom eased up.

“I’ll make you whatever you want honey. You can go upstairs with Blake and get comfortable. I want you here tonight.” It was like I was not her child anymore. I was just some guy standing in her kitchen. I tried not to feel neglected.

“You know what I like. And, sure thing mom, I was planning on spending a couple nights here.” Sam knew how to suck up to my mother. It’s ok because I did the same with his mom.

“Alright go upstairs and don’t come down until I call you. I don’t want any sly hands stealing food until it’s time to eat." My mom knew us too well. i was planning on grabbing something before she said that. as we left my mom in the kitchen i knew she was glad to have the two of us under the same roof again.

Copyright © 2016 Gaytron87; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Enjoying the story so far. The banter between Blake and Sam is cute and fun. Have a feeling the build-up to the moment they both realize the other likes them is gonna be equally as fun. Looking forward to reading more!

Link to comment

I love their banter! They both have such a good sense of humor!

 

Blake's mom is funny, horsing around with Sam. :)

 

Great chapter, GT! :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..