Jump to content
    Jack Scribe
  • Author
  • 3,534 Words
  • 3,095 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

It Stays In Vegas - 11. Chapter 11 Bedfellows and Goodfellows

The high-charged drama of Bosco’s invasion and arrest became a vivid memory for Drew and Bob as the next two weeks uneventfully moved forward. The extra security surveillance equipment was removed, a comfortable routine was established and the guys worked on the micro-details of learning about each other.

They were stretched out on the couch in their tees and boxer shorts; legs propped up on the coffee table and snuggled into each other. They had just finished watching the latest Thursday night version of ‘C.S.I’ that featured Las Vegas as the story locale. Drew was a fan of the TV show and loved guessing where some of the ‘on location’ scenes had been shot.

“Those guys looked really hot tonight,” Drew said. Both he and Bob loved the eye candy in the form of Eric Szmanda who played ‘Greg’ and George Eads, the ‘Nick’ character. Drew took the remote, clicked off the television set and stretched.

“Yeah, a little fantasy. But no big deal when I’ve got the real thing sitting next to me.” Bob moved his leg over to Drew’s and emphasized the statement by rubbing his toes on Drew’s feet. “I really feel safe with you. You’re my hero.”

“Buddy, the real heroes are our new friends who rescued us.” Drew had followed up with a phone call to Wes a couple of days after the ‘incident’ and invited the two S.W.A.T. officers to dinner the next Wednesday. “Wes said that Justin and he were looking forward to getting together. He did suggest that we should leave on our clothes this time,” he said with a chuckle.

“Hey, that’s no fair.” Bob playfully punched Drew on the shoulder. “I guess we’ll just have to let our imagination run wild. But I get a feeling that they’re okay in the plumbing department. Seriously, Wes and Justin could become good friends.”

“If everything goes well, maybe we can broaden friendships by introducing them to Charlie and Jerry? I guess those two are really hitting it off,” Drew said with a nod.

“Ya know, it’s odd that all this is occurring because of Bosco?” Bob looked at Drew and shrugged.

“I’m not going to send him a thank you note but I understand what you’re saying. By the way, I understand that his lawyer cut some sort of deal in return for Bosco’s guilty plea.”

“Deal? Is this something we’ve got to be concerned about?” Bob asked with a worried expression creeping over his face.

“Naw. From what Jim Duncan told me, Bosco will be in the hoosegow for at least 10 years before he’s eligible for parole. Then he’ll have to register as a sexual offender. The authorities will know if he farts up-wind,” Drew said with a laugh.

“It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. And I suspect that he’ll make a lot of real close friends in prison.”

“So close that he won’t be able to sit down for a long time.” Drew leaned over and gave Bob’s cheek a playful peck. “Gives new meaning to intimacy.”

“Ouch,” Bob said as he squirmed in an exaggerated manner. “That asshole is a survivor. I suspect that Bosco will cozy up to some strong dude who can protect him and become the dude’s bitch.”

“Babe, you’ve been watching too much cable TV. It is an interesting idea, though.”

“Speaking of nice guys, are we all set for dinner tomorrow night at your boss’s place? I look forward to getting to know Nick and Rod better.”

“Cocktails at seven. I found out from Nick’s secretary what kind of wine he likes and bought a bottle yesterday as a gift from us.”

“Something we can afford?” Bob asked while placing his arm around Drew’s shoulders.

“Nothing too exotic. I found a 2002 Robert Mondavi Reserve cab that was just released. If you want to kick in twenty-five bucks, I’ll handle the rest. I figured that Opus One would be overkill and really blow the budget.” Drew had told Bob a little of Nick’s family background and about the dad who had worked in the Napa vineyards near Mondavi.

“Deal. I’m not even going to ask what the whole price was. I’ll leave you to be the wine expert in this house.” Just then the telephone rang.

“I’ll get it,” Drew said. He eased out of Bob’s arm, got up and walked over to the kitchen window ledge. ‘Hmm,’ he thought, ‘I wonder who’s calling us this late?’ The clock on the oven registered ‘10:15’. “Hello?”

~~~ “Drew, buddy. This is Al.”

“Hey, Al. This is a surprise. Howya doin’?” Drew placed his hand over the receiver and said to Bob, “It’s Al Bromley.”

Bob frowned with a curious expression and joined Drew by the phone.

~~~ “Trish and I have been out all evening doing pre-wedding stuff and the ceremony isn’t until next June. Jeez, it’d be a lot simpler if we just came over to Vegas and did a wedding chapel drive-thru,” Al said with a chuckle. “Is Bob available?”

“Yep, right here. See ya soon.”

~~~ “Sooner than later. Take care.”

Drew handed the receiver to Bob and said, “I’m going into the bedroom and see if I can balance my checking account.” He patted Bob on the back and walked down the hall.

“Hi, Bro. Good to hear from you. Whazzup?”

~~~ “Bob, I need a favor and hoped you could help me out.”

“Favor? Absolutely…as long as you’re not asking me to rob a bank.”

~~~ “Naw, pretty simple. Would you and Drew mind if I invited myself to stay at your place next week for five or six days? I’ve got some business to attend to in Vegas and don’t want to be visible at the hotels.”

“We’ve got a spare bedroom that you can use. It’s just sitting there and we’d be more than happy to have you. Anything you want to tell me?”

~~~ “It’s just a business deal that Dad has gotten involved with. He wants me to do some work over there and the fewer people that know about my movements the better. Nothing mysterious…just a business deal that he’d like to keep quiet until all the paperwork is finished. I really don’t know anything more at this point.”

“No problem. We’ll keep our lips sealed. When are you planning on arriving?”

~~~ “Sunday, if that’s okay. I’ll be out of your hair by the end of the week.”

“I’ll tell Drew. By the way, we’re having a few guys over for dinner on Wednesday. You wanna join us?”

~~~ “Yeah, that’d be fun. I’ll be the token straight, right?”

“Probably, but don’t worry. Your virtue will remain intact. They’re just a couple of men that we want to get to know better.”

~~~ “Okay, then. I’ll drive over Sunday morning and plan on getting there around one.”

“Super. We’ll have a light lunch when ya get here. In the meantime, I’ll email the address so you can find us.”

~~~ “Sounds like a plan. See ya Sunday. Bye, Bob.”

“Love to Sis. Bye, buddy.” He hung up the phone and turned off the lights before heading to the bedroom. The only light was the glow coming from Drew’s PC flat screen.

“What’s Al up to?” Drew asked while he entered some numbers onto the spreadsheet and hit ‘save’.

“He asked if we’d mind him being a houseguest next week. Apparently he’ll be in town on business for his dad and wants to be away from inquiring eyes. I knew you wouldn’t have any objection so I said yes.”

“That’ll be great. He’s not bringing Trish?” Drew proceeded to shut down his Excel program and turn off the computer.

“I guess it’s a deal he’s researching for his dad. I’m sure he’ll tell us more when he gets here Sunday. I invited him for dinner with Wes and Justin.” Bob pulled off his tee and tossed it on the carpet. After removing his boxers, Bob continued, “Throw your dirty stuff with mine and I’ll take the whole pile out to the washer.”

“Is this an official invite to strip down?” Drew asked with a chuckle as his underwear joined the pile.

“And brush your teeth after you douche your ‘coos’,” Bob replied with a leer as he walked into the bathroom.

“Buddy, last time I looked I didn’t have one of those. I think ya got your genders mixed up.” Drew laughed and joined Bob in front of the toilet. He grabbed his flaccid cock, wiggled it a little before aiming into the bowl and started to pee as Bob was finishing.

“Oh, yeah, now I remember. That’s the thing that gets hard when I touch it.” Bob playfully grabbed Drew’s balls and gently squeezed.

“And pees on your hand if you get in the way.”

“Got it. No water sports.” Bob removed his hand and continued, “But I’ve got a few other sports in mind.”

“Is this a sport I’m going to enjoy?” Drew asked while moving over to the washbasin. He grabbed his brush and squeezed some toothpaste.

“There haven’t been any complaints, yet.” Bob drank some water from a glass, swished it around in his mouth and spit. “See you and that beautiful cock between your legs in a moment, champ,” Bob said in a husky voice as he walked away.

“Now ya got the gender straight.”

“Straight? No way, babe,” Bob called out.

Drew finished up, rinsed and turned off the bathroom lights. He smiled when he saw Bob sitting up in bed, legs spread and his hand slowly massaging a hardening cock. “Buddy, ya got my attention.” He felt his dick responding to the vision before him.

“I can tell. Now, I want to feel.” Bob scooted over a little and patted the mattress.

“All in good time.” Drew joined Bob and said, “And the good time is now.” He gently caressed Bob’s nuts before leaning down to lick the dripping piss slit and moist glans.

Oh, babe. You’re getting good at this,” Bob moaned.

“I have a good partner,” Drew smiled and reached for the condom. ‘Only a few more months,’ he thought while rolling the latex over his tumescence, ‘and we won’t have to use these.’

*****

The weekend was slowly coming to a close. Bob and Drew grabbed the Sunday newspapers, some bottled water, and went over to the pool to wait for Al to arrive. The October temperatures were pleasant as the noontime sun rotated directly over an umbrella table where the paper sections were spread out. Drew was reading the local papers while Bob focused on the L.A. Times.

“That was really a fun evening with Nick and Rod,” Bob said as he randomly turned the pages of the California section. “Good chow and great company.”

“Yeah, Rod is really an accomplished cook. I guess he makes Nick a happy man in many ways.” Drew shrugged and took a sip of water. “Getting to know Nick socially really creates an easier work atmosphere. I mean, I don’t think of him as some unapproachable honcho.”

“Buddy, he’s really looking after you. I was impressed when he said that he had a lot of plans for you in the future.”

“And Rod was just sitting there like a grinning Cheshire cat. I doubt if those two have any secrets from each other,” Drew said. “Almost like they are completing each other’s thoughts…let alone sentences.”

“Think we’ll be like that in seven years?”

“Bob, I’m already starting to understand the unspoken moments between us. Yep, it’s only going to get better.”

“Hey, guys,” came a familiar voice from the pool gate.

Bob and Drew turned and smiled when they saw Al walking towards them. They both stood and waited under the umbrella. Drew watched Al casually saunter towards them. ‘Even in generic cargo shorts and a rib tee, he looks like a million dollars,’ Drew thought. ‘The clothes showing off the defined six-pack and other bulges couldn’t have been designed better.’

“Al, you made good time. We weren’t expecting you for another half-hour,” Bob said as he extended his hand for a shake. “I’d give you a hug but I don’t think you’d appreciate the sweat and suntan lotion.”

“Yeah, a shake is fine. Good to see you two.” Al shook Bob’s hand and then Drew’s. “I left a little early and there wasn’t that much traffic into Vegas.”

“We were just killing a little time until you got here. Let’s go back to the apartment, get you settled and have a little lunch,” Drew suggested. “I’ve got a big check-in this afternoon and gotta get over to Nero’s by two.”

“You guys lead the way. I’ll grab the newspapers. Wouldn’t mind checking them out, later.”

The three friends went back to the apartment. Bob helped Al get his clothes and gear out of the silver Acura MDX while Drew took a fast shower. Within ten minutes they were sitting around the dining room table eating ham and cheese sandwiches, pasta salad and fruit. Bob and Al had a beer while Drew stayed with water.

“Basically, my old man is investing in a resort and wants me to be the point man for his company. A guy who can sit down with the managers, review numbers and sort things out for the home office.”

“So your dad wants you to learn the casino business?” Drew asked.

“That’s the plan. He’s going to be an investor with some friends in a casino on the drawing board and wants me to understand the big picture. I’m going to go to dealer’s school and take classes to learn the ins and outs of craps, blackjack, roulette and poker.”

“That isn’t something you can learn in a week or so,” Bob suggested with a frown on his face.

“Couldn’t agree more. This week coming up I’m going to rent an apartment…maybe here, scope out the town and enroll in school. Then I’ll go back to L.A., collect more clothes and return. I figure I can start school next week and get the basics learned by the middle of December.”

“Forget about renting a place. I don’t think Bob would object if you stayed with us,” Drew said, looking at his partner.

“Absolutely. And it’s not like you aren’t familiar with the furniture,” Bob said with a chuckle.

“I guess that’s why I feel so at home.” Al grinned and nodded as he looked around. “Guys, if it’s not an imposition I’ll take you up on the offer. It’ll give me time to find a house that Trish can decorate. She’s getting real good at that.” Al shrugged with a reluctant smile.

“Wait a minute, Al. Are you guys moving over here?” Bob asked, a little startled.

“Naw, were setting up shop in Westwood for the long-haul. But I’ve been told by Dad to find a place that I can use to stay when I’m over for visits. And I guess that I’m going to work in one of the casinos after I get out of school to get a feel on the floor as a dealer. This will probably take most of the winter and spring. Then, after the wedding and all that shit, we’ll be over here for a while. Dad wants me to work with some of the managers in their departments for an overview.”

“Wow, that sounds like a heavy commitment,” Drew said. “You’re obviously not going to be working at Nero’s or I would have heard about it.”

“No, he wants to keep the Bromley name off the radar screen. I just ask you guys not to mention this to anyone. Okay? You now know about as much as I do. If you’d told me that I’d be learning the casino business two months ago, I would have laughed. I’m not laughing now.”

“We’ll keep your secret, bro. Just let us know what we can do to help.” Bob raised his fist and bumped knuckles with Al. “It’ll be fun to have Sis in town for a while.”

“Guys, the job calls. Bob speaks for me, Al. I won’t say nada to anyone.” Drew rose and extended his hand. Al rose and silently shook it. “I’m off to work. See you guys later, tonight.”

*****

By Wednesday, a simple routine of the three guys had been established. Al was usually gone most of the day and ready for bed after the late evening news. He had enrolled in the best dealer’s school and set up a schedule that started the following week. He had even made an offer on a home in The Lakes residential area west of the strip.

While Al was showering, Bob and Drew were putting the finishing touches on the dinner setting. Wes and Justin were scheduled to arrive around seven.

“Wes, by the way, asked that Justin and he be introduced as guys who worked for the city.”

“Really? What’s the deal?” Bob asked.

“They just would rather not have our houseguest know that they’re cops. Wes has had a few bad experiences in social gatherings when the group found out he was a policeman. People would clam up or get hyper about some speeding ticket.”

“That’s cool. I guess we let it play itself out?”

“Yeah, that’s the plan. I just mentioned that your soon-to-be brother-in-law was in town and staying with us.”

“They know he’s straight and okay with everything?” Bob asked.

“Yep, it’s all covered.”

“What’s all covered,” Al asked when he walked into the living room.

“Hey, Al. Just that gay and straight doesn’t matter tonight. You wanna drink?”

“Drew, a glass of chardonnay would be great,” Al said. “Wow, the food smells great.”

“It’s been simmering for the last couple of hours. A coq au vin recipe that Drew’s boss gave us to try. Sounds fancy but it’s just chicken with vegetables in a wine sauce,’ Bob said.

“Babe, now you’ve spoiled the mystery of our dinner. Next you’ll be calling the egg noodles, spaghetti.” Drew laughed and winked. “Just pulling your chain, Hon.”

“I’ll ‘coq’ your ‘vin’. One more crack like that and you’re cut off for a week,” Bob replied with mock indignation.

“Ewww, more than I want to know,” Al said with a laugh. Just then the doorbell rang.

“Okay, guys. Battle stations.” Drew smiled and walked to the front door. Bob clicked on the CD player and the music of Norah Jones’ new album drifted of out the speakers. She was singing the lyrics of Willie Nelson’s popular song, ‘I Gotta Get Drunk.’

…There's a lot of doctors tell me

that I'd better start slowing it down

But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors

So I guess we'd better have another round…

“Wes, Justin, come in and say hi to our guest.” Drew stepped away from the front door and smiled when the two men, visually neutral in their jeans, tees and open shirts entered the room. ‘Man, am I happy that they’re in civvies,’ Drew thought as the guys passed him. ‘I’d just as soon not see them in a S.W.A.T. uniform in our home…ever again.’ As he remembered, Wes was much taller than Justin.

“Al, this is Wes Jackson and Justin Morley. Guys, say hello to my close buddy and almost brother-in-law, Al Bromley, who’s visiting us.”

“Um, hi, Al. I’m Wes and the homely one is Justin.”

“Guys, I’ve got wine or beer. Whatdaya want?” Drew asked the obvious first question but couldn’t help but notice that Wes had a momentary questioning reaction to being introduced to Al. ‘Hmmm,’ Drew thought, ‘did I just pick up on something out of the ordinary?’

“Beer would be great for both of us. Right, Justin?” ‘Wes smiled a little too tightly was he turned to Justin,’ Drew observed.

“Err, yeah, beer will be fine.” Justin tried to mask his surprised expression. Drew was sure that neither Bob nor Al had picked up on the silent exchange between the two new guests.

“Great, Coors it is.” Drew nodded to the guys and went out to the kitchen for the beers.

“Al, you’re visiting from…?” Wes asked, open-ended.

“L.A. Lived there all my life. Bob and I were fraternity brothers at UCLA and he introduced his sister to me a year ago. The rest, as they say, is history.”

“Al and Trish are getting married next June,” Bob said with pride.

“Congratulations, Al,” Wes said, extending his hand.

“Here’s some brew to toast this guy, officially.” Drew carried a couple of longnecks into the living room and gave a bottle to each of the new arrivals. He took his glass of wine and raised it high. “To Al and Trish.”

“Yeah, Al and Trish,” Justin said with a suspicious smile.

Norah Jones was singing Kris Kristofferson’s song, ‘Best of all Possible Worlds.’

I was runnin' thru the summer rain, try'n' to catch that evenin' train
And kill the old familiar pain weavin' thru my tangled brain
When I tipped my bottle back and smacked into a cop I didn't see
That police man said, "Mister Cool, if you ain't drunk, then you're a fool."

Copyright © 2011 Jack Scribe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..