Jump to content
    jdmotion
  • Author
  • 1,012 Words
  • 923 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Green's Mr. Black SIngs A Sad Song Revised - Prologue. Prologue

As our fans cheered for us, Drew watched me from the side of the stage. He was also clapping but his smile told me more. He was proud of me and I loved that. We were at the end of our world tour. One last show and he and I could begin planning our next chapter in our lives. He asked me to marry him when we were in Paris.

“Encore, Encore,” the crowd yelled. Drew joined me on stage and started to play the song he and I had collaborated on together. At the end of every show we performed our song. Our fans loved it. It still sent chills down my spine even after fifty shows. Drew played his rift and our band joined him. Then I sang louder than I had before.

The last show of our tour we saved for home at Lakeside arena. This is where we were from. This was home. Our families were out there somewhere cheering for us just as loudly as our fans. I knew they were glad to have us home finally. One year on the road and we were beyond home sick.

Drew and I were both bruised and battered kids with difficult pasts. Yet we were stronger and closer because of it and our families had been there for us at the most difficult times. We were more than glad, we were grateful.

When our song was over he gave me the biggest kiss he could possibly give me. Our Fans went wild and we waved as we left the stage, Drew had his arm over me.

The media would talk about us as Rock and Roll Icons. Our band was one of the biggest bands in the country constantly fighting for number one. Countless interviews, tours and appearances on cable TV shows and we were on top but as they always say the bigger they are the harder they fall. As much I loved Drew Brady and I had our one truth. A truth we shared before Drew became my entire world.

“Mr. Black,” John my writer friend said, breaking me from my thoughts. I was waiting at a dive bar downtown. John gave me a huge hug then sat down in front of me.

“Mr. Williams,” I said.

“That’s John to you,” John said, taking the seat next to me. “Are you ready to tell me this story?”

I took a deep breath and took a sip of my whiskey. “It’s time,” I said, wondering how much I was risking with Drew.

“Well good, cause I can’t wait any longer,” John said and took out his recorder. “Brady here yet?”

“Yes I am,” Brady said, walking into the bar. John and I hugged him. I hadn’t seen him in two years. Brady was my best friend, my savior and my first love. I owed him so much. Together he and I have through hell and back. It took us a long time to find a common ground, but when we did I could never imagine my life without him. These days he was much more than just my best friend he was family.

“How’s your doc?” I asked Brady. Brady was a documentary producer working for one of the big broadcast channels in New York City.

Brady sighed and took a sip from my drink. “Gosh that’s strong. I’ll have one of these,” he said to the waiter a few tables back pointing at my cup.”

“That good huh?” I asked and John laughed.

“Well you know how it is. One day your source pans out and the next your not good enough to work in broadcast news,” Brady said and John shared a look with me.

“Everything ok,” I asked.

“Doesn’t matter,’ now Brady, replied quickly and drank the rest of my drink. “Let’s tell this story.”

I wasn’t sure if it was a good Idea for Brady to do this but he had agreed on his own accord. My story had been leaked to the media by someone we had once considered a friend. For the whole week after my tour ended we were on every news magazine in the country. Shows kept quoting sources and someone had gotten ahold of Brady’s police photos. A newspaper had published them on the front page taking them down only when I threatened to sue them.

Brady had called me hysterically that day. This was our story and no one got to tell it but Brady and me so we contacted John. John was a best selling author and a close friend to us. I had met him a few years back when he and I were both in the hospital where Drew worked.

Next thing we knew Brady and I had brokered a deal with his agent and we were on our way back home to tell our story. A story that only we could tell and one John was more than eager to help us with.

I was nervous I had to admit. To this day no one knew our full story. Bits and pieces had gotten out to the media but most of it was made up. One tabloid said that Brady and I were part of a street gang. Another said we had run away because we were drug addicts. Not one got close to the real story. I don’t think they cared.

“Can I get you guys anything else?” the waiter asked as he placed Brady’s drink on the table.

“I’ll have a beer,” John said, unpacking his laptop from his bag. “Oh and I’ll have one of those too.”

I raised my now empty glass of whiskey. “I’ll have another,” I said. The waiter nodded and left to get our drinks.

John smiles and starts up his laptop. “I’m so glad you’re letting me do this.”

“So how do we do this? Where do we start?” I asked.

“I guess we start from the beginning right?” Brady asked. “You go first Brian.”

“Start with the day they left you,” John said.

Green
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..