Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 4,489 Words
  • 1,320 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Watch - 9. Chapter 9

Josh invited Robert to the wedding even though he knew Robert would not come. It would be too painful for both of them if he came and they both knew it. Josh only made the gesture to make sure Robert would not feel left out. He also did it to help remove his feelings of guilt. He failed miserably on both counts.

Robert celebrated Josh's wedding by drinking himself into a stupor and crying. At the moment he knew the ceremony was to begin he smashed his glass against the wall. If he had just not slept around that one night it could have been him at the altar. He felt his life falling apart.

He got in the car and swerved around the road to the local dump. There he looked at the ring on his right hand for what felt like hours before he took it off. He was about to throw it into the trash heap when he saw something that caught his eye... the name engraved on the ring was not his own. He brought the ring up to his puffy face and saw the letters J-O-S-H. He knew where his ring had to be. As he slipped the ring on his left hand he thought he heard the sound of church bells in the distance.

By the time they had come back from their honeymoon, Andrew had some of the personal experiences Josh had promised would bring them closer. The two weeks in Italy just with each other did amazing things for both of them. Andrew lost some of his feelings of insecurity over doubt that Josh loved him. Josh for his part lost some of his doubts over whether he had made the right decision. While he still loved Robert, he and Andrew were in the beginning stages of forming long-term relationship where all they had to do was look at each other and know they were loved. The first night Josh fucked Andrew for the first time. It was the one thing they had not done yet and while Andrew still viewed himself as a top there was something comforting in having Josh inside him and knowing it was an experience Robert never had. When they arrived home they found that all of Andrew's things had been moved to Josh's room, which was now THEIR room. Instead of picking up the kids from Glenn and Kyle's house they decided to spend one more day alone. It was mostly spent in bed.

Andrew awoke to the sound of the alarm clock almost not sure where he was. He had spent the last couple of weeks in almost a half dozen hotels. It just took him a few seconds to realize where he was. Seeing the familiar room and his new husband still asleep next to him brought him back to reality.

Not yet ready to get out of bed, Andrew snuggled up to Josh, giving him a few kisses on the back of his neck. Josh responded by making a small grunt and moving back, rubbing his ass against Andrews's crotch.

"Keep that up and you might get more then a few kisses." Andrew chuckled.

"I don't mind." Josh replied coyly, giving his ass another wiggle.

"You're insatiable."

"Luck for you that I am."

"Oh god Josh. Do we really need to pick up the kids today? Can't we leave them with our ex's."

"They're a part of the family Andrew. Now that we are partners we need to help them see each other as brothers and that means they need to live with us."

"I know. I guess I was spoiled in being able to see you naked whenever I wanted."

"Yep, I don't think the kids would like to see their dads walking around the house with a pair of hard-ons." Josh laughed.

"But I like you with a hard-on." Andrew said with mock disappointment.

"Hahaha! You like me any way you can get me!"

"That's true." Andrew smiled as he grabbed Josh around the waist and rubbed his growing dick against Josh's ass.

Josh just smiled and reached down to lower his boxers, letting Andrew's cock rub against his crack. Josh sighed as he felt Andrew enter him. He loved the feel of Andrew pressed against him, his dick filling his insides, making him whole.

After Andrew had shot his load he suck Josh off. The two then rested, one on top of the other giving each other light kisses every now and then. After an hour of this, Josh rolled over so he was on top, gave Andrew a final kiss before heading to the bathroom.

Andrew sighed after Josh closed the bathroom door. He never thought married life could be like this, even for one that was not recognized by anyone by themselves, God, and their friends. Josh had worked hard during the honeymoon to prove to Andrew that he was now his and only his. During their second night in Rome, Andrew had asked Josh what he would do if Robert was cured. Josh had remained silent for over a minute before he told Andrew that while it would make him happy beyond belief for Robert to be cured, that part of his life was now over. To both men's surprise, it was Andrew who had cried when Josh had said those words. Even today in THEIR bedroom, Andrew did not know if he cried out of joy or of sadness. Josh had made a sacrifice so that their relationship could work. Andrew could not think of one thing he had given up. He didn't like the feeling of being in debt to Robert and Josh. He always felt that relationships should be based on equality and that meant equal sacrifices. He also know he would be stupid to bring this up with Josh.

After Josh had exited the shower, Andrew got off the bed and passed by him, giving his ass a pinch. Josh tried to strike back with his towel but was blocked by Andrew quickly slamming the door, catching a third of the towel behind it.

When he was all cleaned and dressed he joined Josh for a small breakfast of oatmeal and fruit. They then got into Andrew's suburban and headed over the Glenn and Kyle's. As they approached the door they could hear laughter and screaming that seemed to come from both adult and child. When the door opened Josh could see Glenn holding Greg up in air while Greg had his arms spread out like an airplane. Kyle, who answered the door also had his hands full with Nathan.

"Y'all seem to be having fun." Josh laughed on seeing them.

"You bet we are!" Kyle agreed.

"What are you doing now?" Andrew asked.

"We are replaying the "Battle of Britain"!" Glenn shouted as he lowered Greg into a nosedive.

"Well I think we need to send the planes back to the airport." Josh smiled as he took Nathan into his arms.

Kyle tried to smile as he handed Nathan over but he could not hide the sadness in his eyes. In a quieter voice he talked in Josh's ear: "You know we wouldn't mind having them over more if the two of you need some personal time." Josh knew better then to say he didn't want to bother them with more babysitting duties, instead he squeezed Kyle on the shoulder and nodded his head that he understood.

After making a final dive, Glenn set Greg down on his feet, letting him run over to his dad. "Dad!" Greg yelled out.

"How ya doing buddy!" Andrew smiled as he knelt down to pick his son up.

"I was an airplane pilot!" Greg explained with enthusiasm.

"I know. I saw you make some great nosedives."

"Glenn and Kyle were real nice. They even let me stay up to midnight the first day."

"They did, did they?" Andrew said with arched eyebrows.

"He was feeling a little homesick so we let him stay up with us." Kyle explained, a little guiltily.

"That's alright Kyle." Josh said to ease their minds.

"Well are you ready to go home?" Andrew asked Greg as he set him back down on the ground.

"Do I have to?" Greg pouted.

"Yep, we need to go shopping for your school cloths Mr. Big Kindergartener."

At the mention of school Greg's frown became a smile. "Can I pick out my own cloths?"

"You sure can but just like an airplane pilot you have to wear a uniform." Andrew explained. Josh and he had both agreed that private school, at least for the early years, would be better for the kids.

"A uniform!" Greg replied excitedly.

"Yep." Andrew smiled, trying to hold back the laughter. Greg might be excited about wearing a uniform now but Andrew bet he would not have that opinion for long. "Well you better get your things so we can hit the road."

"Ok." Greg said excitedly as he ran off to the guestroom.

"You better get your things too Nate." Josh said as he put his son down.

"All right dad." Nate agreed sullenly. He had no misconceptions in thinking a uniform was fun. "Thank you uncle Kyle and uncle Glenn for having us. He said politely as he left to join Greg.

"No problem kiddo." Glenn and Kyle smiled. As soon as both kids were out of sight they turned their attention on the two parents.

"Thanks again for letting them stay here." Glenn said sincerely.

"It is us who should be thanking you." Andrew replied. "But it looks like it was a fair trade. We got some personal time and you two had what looks like a lot of fun as well."

"Yep." Kyle agreed a little sadly.

"Well I'm sure that if you want that they can visit y'all again." Josh said to reassure them.

"Well they are welcomed here anytime." Glenn replied as he hugged his teary eyed partner.

After Josh, Andrew and the kids were gone, Kyle and Glenn looked at their disheveled but well played in house and felt an emptiness that they had never quite noticed before. Oh, they had wanted kids for a long time but never had them living in their house like they had for the past two weeks. The kids had just left a few minutes ago but the couple already felt as if they had been gone forever.

To help take away the feeling of emptiness, the two of them began to clean the house up, removing the marks the children had left. As Kyle began packing the toys that were scattered around the living room, Glenn had gone to the guestroom to change the sheets. It was when Kyle heard uncontrollable sobbing coming from the room that he stopped his cleaning and went looking for his lover.

Glenn was sitting on the side of the bed, sobbing and holding the stuff animal they had bought for Greg after that first rough night. Kyle joined him, resting his head on Glenn's back.

"Its not fair!" Glenn complained.

"What's not fair?" Kyle asked.

"Just because we never were sexually confused and married for a time to some woman we can never have kids."

"Its not their fault." Kyle said in defense of Josh and Andrew.

"I know that. Who can I blame then?" Glenn pouted like a five year old.

"Well you might as well blame me. You've fucked me over a hundred times but have I ever gotten pregnant?" Kyle joked to lighten the mood.

"You saying I married a dud." Glenn chucked between his sobs.

"No, I'm saying we have to live with reality."

"Reality bites!" Glenn said bitterly.

"I know hun. I want kids as bad as you do but there's not much we can do ...especially in Kansas."

Wanting to forget how he was feeling, Glenn began unbuttoning his shirt and kissing Kyle.

"Hey, I thought you were upset." Kyle laughed as Glenn's lips tickled his neck,

"Yeah... and I want you to help me forget." Glenn smiled weakly as he tossed his shirt to the ground and began unbuttoning Kyle's."

"Want to try to get me pregnant?" Kyle joked.

"Hey, if we keep trying we might get lucky." Glenn chuckled as he began pulling on Kyle's pants.

"You think we can try more then once?" Kyle said with an arched eyebrow.

"Honey, I plan on loving you all day."

"Think we can do that at our age?"

"We are not THAT old." Glenn defended.

"Well when was the last time we were able to do it five times a night?"

"We're not teenagers any more. We have progressed beyond the "fucking like rabbits" stage. I like to think that we have REFINED our lovemaking into a long drawn out process."

Hehehe, we did fuck like rabbits when we were just kids." Kyle laughed as he remembered those days.

Kyle had been a nerd while had been Glenn a member of the tennis team. Kyle had watched Glenn practice every day during the spring but never had the courage to talk to him. He didn't even think that Glenn noticed him but Glenn did.

One day when the heat got into the mid nineties, Kyle was at his usual spot on the benches as the team practiced. Kyle was mesmerized by how Glenn's sweaty shirt clung to his body, showing off his pecs. He was so caught up in staring that he didn't notice it get dark and the other team member leave. By the time the outside lights turned on, shaking Kyle out of his daze, he and Glenn were the only people left.

With Kyle now out of his trance, he looked at his watch and saw how late it was. He picked up his book bag and began walking home when something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. It was a flash of white as Glenn peeled off his t-shirt, revealing what looked like a perfect chest and abs. Kyle was so stunned that his mouth hung open and a drop of drool rolled down his chin. Soon he was sitting down again as his blond god practiced his serve.

Kyle noticed the movement of every muscle as Glenn lobbed the ball across the court. He saw Glenn's abs bunch together as he leaned forward. Then he saw Glenn's body stretch out as he threw the ball with his left hand, showing a tuff of dark blond hair in his pit. Kyle even saw the small flex of Glenn right pec as he raised the racket to hit the ball in mid air. He finally saw Glenn lean over after hitting the ball and look right at him. Kyle returned the stare and was trapped by it not noticing the ball fly over the fence and right at his forehead.

The impact of the ball forced him to blink. When he opened his eyes, Glenn was running toward him on the other side of the fence.

"Sorry, I must of hit too hard." Glenn apologized.

"Ugh... no problem." Kyle stuttered.

"Do you think you can hand me the ball back?"

"Sure." Kyle said while avoiding eye contact. He reached under the benches and picked up the errant tennis ball but instead of trying to throw it over the fence, he walked over to the gate and joined Glenn on the court. Kyle kept his eyes on the ground the whole time as he walked over to Glenn. He stopped just outside of arms reach and raised his arm to hand over the balls. Glenn took the ball and tossed it over his shoulder before making a grab for Kyle's arm, pulling him into a kiss.

For a moment Kyle was taken aback and tried to pull away. Sensing him struggling Glenn quickly let him go.

"I'm sorry. Please forget what I just did." Glenn had said nervously, his face rapidly flushing red.

"..." Kyle was unable to reply or take his eyes off Glenn.

Glenn in seeing Kyle stunned but not running away regained his courage and walked closer to Kyle. "I know why you come here each day... It's to see me." Glenn whispered in Kyle's ear.

"I also know that you have the cutest ass I've ever seen."

"... You do?" Kyle said, finally coming out of his daze.

"Yes... so can I be your boyfriend?"

That was how it all started. While they kept their relationship a secret from their families the two were never far apart. After high school they roomed together in college. When they finally reached law school they got an apartment and began living as a couple. It had taken some doing but after their first three years in practicing law they ended up in the same firm. It was then that they decided to have a commitment ceremony and finally be open to their families about their relationship.

By the end of his flashback Kyle was laying down on the bed while Glenn continued to undress him. Yep Kyle felt lucky in getting Glenn. He had been his one and only. It was one of the reason's they found Robert so interesting. Hearing about his one-night stands let them learn about a part of the gay world they never experienced since they usually kept to themselves. Poor Robert, getting sick and loosing Josh at the same time had to be hard for him. While he was happy for Josh and felt that Andrew was the better match he just wished Robert would find some happiness. That thought though was quickly replaced when Glenn began rimming his ass.

On his first day back at work, Josh had a meeting with one of his old friends from college who worked in the pharmaceutical industry. He was coming to have Josh copyright the name for a new antibiotic. Josh was very interested as the drug was to be the new "Cipro" in strength but in a new class that bacteria would not of had a chance to become resistant to. The drug was still in the trial stages but Josh felt that it was his only chance to help Robert. This meant he would have to ask his friend for a big favor.

"Matt, good to see you again!" Josh greeted his old pal in the front lobby.

"Josh! How ya doing bud?" Matt said as both men gave each other a hug.

"Never better."

Mike's eyebrows rose. Back in college Josh had always returned his hugs half-heartedly as if he were afraid to show real affection. Now he was returning Mike's hug in an eager but relaxed fashion. Mike wanted to know how this change had come to his friend.

When they finally arrived in Josh's office and the door was closed Mike confronted his friend. "All right spill the beans."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you Josh... I've never seen you so relaxed."

"Well..." Josh replied nervously.

"What... did Terry get a strap-on and finally take care of that itch up your ass?" Mike joked.

"What!"

"Oh come on Josh. While you and Terry made a cute couple everyone knew your ass was made for fucking. Its something called gay-dar." Mike said with a wink of an eye.

"I know what gay-dar is Mike... NO!" Josh finally realized.

"Yep... your big buddy is a big queen." Mike laughed.

"But your so..."

"Manly... thanks." Mike grinned. Mike was a big man. Around 6'6" in height and 230 lbs of muscle, he was just under a foot taller then Josh and a lot more hairy. "I'm a bear who loves smooth ass."

Josh laughed in disbelief. "Sorry, I'm taken." Josh raised his left hand, showing off his wedding ring.

"But I can make you happier then Terry can." Mike joked.

"We divorced. I'm now remarried."

"So that's why you're so happy. So who is the lucky gal... or fellow?"

"Fellow." Josh grinned. "His name is Andrew and he works here."

"Ah, mixing business with pleasure."

"If you're suggesting we've done it in the office then no."

"Well... you should try it sometime. Nothing like mixing danger with sex."

" I don't know how much danger there is here. More then half of us here are gay here."

"Really! So you think I have a chance with your secretary?"

"He's a paralegal and no, he's straight."

"Rats! But since he works here I bet he wouldn't be offended if I hit on him."

"Probably not! But if the two of you get into a fight, we'll send you the bill." Josh joked with his large friend.

"You're no fun anymore." Mike pouted when his friend didn't take him seriously.

"I am too fun!"

"No you're not. You use to take everything I said literally. You were loads of fun back then."

"Well you might still trip me every now and then."

"Good... I just wished you had come out of the closet earlier then we could have had some real fun." Mike said with some regret.

"Knowing you I bet you get plenty."

"I get a lot but you know you always want what you can't have." Mike chuckled.

"I know..." Josh said, suddenly sad.

"Hey, what's wrong buddy?" Mike asked concerned. He saw the gloomy expression on Josh's face and knew he had said something wrong. Mike walked up to his friend, lifted him out of his seat and gave Josh a comforting hug. "Its all right. Tell Mikey what's bothering you... or do you want me to beat it out of you."

"I'm in love with two men."

"What... only two?" Mike started laughing but stopped abruptly when he saw Josh give him a deadly stare. "Oh..."

"I love Andrew. I really do. I just can't get over the feeling that I abandoned Robert."

"I take it that Robert is the other man?"

"Yes."

"Tell me about him." Mike said as he sat himself down in Josh's chair pulling Josh with him so he was sitting in his lap. 'Boy does he have a great ass.' Mike thought to himself as he felt Josh's butt on his crotch.

Josh sighed. Mike was a relaxed, comical version of Robert. It was probably the reason why Josh attached himself to Mike. Mike always threatened to beat people up but Josh knew that Mike was a harmless teddy bear. Mike liked taking care of the people he loved. It was Mike's protective nature that gave Josh an idea about Patrick.

"He's like you Mike... except a little more serious."

"Love him already. So why did things not work out."

"Well... he slept around and..."

"He cheated on you!" Mike said, instantly furious.

"No! I always knew that he did other men before I met him."

"That still does to make it right."

"I know Mike... but I love him."

"Why?"

"He's part of my past... the only good part of it."

"Oh..." Mike said stunned. Josh almost never talked about his past. For Josh to bring it up now had to mean that Robert had to have been a central figure in Josh's childhood.

"After my family was killed, I had to go into an orphanage. In the summer we went to camp. That's where I first met Robert. He looked out for me. He was my family."

"I'm sorry Josh that I got mad. I just want the best for you." Mike apologized.

"I do have the best. Andrew is all I could ever ask for. We only lack the common past that I had with Robert."

"So why did you not stay with him?"

"As I said, Robert fooled around... a few months ago his luck ran out."

"AIDS?"

"No, drug resistant syphilis."

"Dang!"

"Yep."

"So safe sex was not an option?"

"Neither one of us wanted to take the risk."

"Well I think you made the right decision."

"Then why do I feel so bad?"

"Just as I said, you always want what you can't have and you still love him... just as I always loved you."

"Mike..."

"Sorry, I just had to finally say it. I know there is no chance for us to have anything more then a friendship but I've been keeping that secret for too long."

"I thought you had a preference for redheads."

"I do... I even have a wig I sometimes have my tricks wear."

"Hahaha, I can just picture it."

"So I'm weird, you always knew that!"

"Well I only found out a year ago but I do have a half brother who is a redhead."

"Is he gay?

"Yes."

"Is he as cute as you?"

"Even more so."

"Josh... you have to set me up with him. I might never get to sleep with you but fucking your brother sounds like a good second choice."

"I will... but you have to do something for me."

"What?"

"I need you to add Robert to your drug trials."

"The antibiotic?"

"Yes."

"I don't know if I can do that?"

"I know it can get you in trouble with the FDA."

"Its not just that, it's the ethical question. Giving your friend a slot means that we would not be able to give the slot to another person. It's like playing god."

"I know... I just don't know what else to do."

"I know Josh. If I were in your shoes I would do the same thing but can I ask you another question?"

"Yes..."

"If the medication works, and Robert is cured... would you go back to him?"

"... No." Josh said after a moment of deep thought. "I will always love him but I'm with Andrew now. Robert can only be a friend."

"Good, I wouldn't want to help you with one problem only to give you another."

"Does this mean that you will help me?"

"Yes, but he won't be part of the trial. It will take some doing but I think I can sneak him the medication out of the lab but I will need to be there to administer it and I will need a nurse to help me out."

"No problem... my half brother Patrick so happens to be a nurse."

"Great! It will give us some time to get to know each other. Do you have a picture of him?"

"Yep." Josh said as he stood up for a moment to get his wallet before sitting back on Mike's lap.

Josh handed Mike two pictures of Patrick. One of them was of Patrick dressed in a business suit but the other was Patrick in a red Speedo. Mike took a few deep breaths in seeing Patrick's pale swimmer's build body, short red hair, and emerald eyes.

"Josh you better get off my lap or else you might find yourself impaled." Mike said as he felt himself hardening.

Copyright © 2012 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..