Jump to content
    joann414
  • Author
  • 1,442 Words
  • 1,591 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dance Lessons - 2. Chapter 2 Halloween from Hell

Response to Prompt 269

Jo Ann smiled across the picnic table at Cassie, seeing the other girl's tongue peeking between her lips as she concentrated on carving the pumpkin in front of her. It amazed her at times what seemed to bring joy to her girlfriend. She figured when she'd purchased the three pumpkins at the grocery store earlier that day, that she'd have to carve them herself. But, Cassie was excited as a kid when she saw the pumpkins sitting at the back door that afternoon when she came in from work. She immediately took them outside to the picnic table.

Cassie's hair shone in the late evening sunlight and Jo Ann was so lost in the sight that she jumped when Cassie said softly. "You're staring at me."

"I never tire of staring at you, but you hair looks so shiny in the sunlight, and the wind is ruffling it just enough to make it look almost like sparkly threads."

Blushing, Cassie playfully threw several pumpkin seeds at Jo Ann.

Jo Ann held the satiny white material up to keep the seeds from landing on it. "Don't get KC's costume dirty. He'll have a stroke. I've almost finished stitching the gold cord around the edges. He's supposed to find him some gold sandals to wear with it. I hope he doesn't buy them with heels. Surely, he knows angels don't wear stilettos."

"Hmph. Why would you think that? KC doesn't have one angelic thing about him. Even when he sleeps, he looks like he's plotting something evil."

"Oh, Cassie, he's not that bad. He hasn't been in any trouble since he fell into the manhole a month ago, while trying to text and walk." Both girls fell out laughing, even though they were relieved KC wasn't hurt when the incident occured.

"The thing about that hon, there was caution tape six inches wide all the way around it, and he walked right through it. How stupid is that?"

"I heard that, Cassie." KC walked out of the house, carrying three beer, and a bag of chips, throwing the chips onto the table, and then sitting a beer in front of each of the girls. "I don't even know they would put that flimsy tape around something anyway."

"To caution you that there is a big ass hole there, and if you go through the tape, you fall the hell in it. That's why they put it there." Cassie laughed, and took a sip of the beer, and turned her attention back to carving the pumpkin.

"Don't be a smartass. Anyway, the city gave me ten grand just to keep me from suing them," KC bragged.

Cassie snorted, not even glancing up from her carving. "They gave you ten grand so the town wouldn't get all the crazy publicity. I can see the headlines now. "Man Wearing High Heels, Hot Pink Leather Skirt, and Purple Tank Top Falls in Man Hole."

"That's enough you two. Let's have a peaceful evening, get the pumpkins carved, drink a few beer, and I'll throw steaks on the grill in a little while. How bout it?"

"Sounds great. I think I'm going to go inside and put on something more comfortable. I'm sick of this suit and tie. I'll bring another round when I come back."

"You need to try on your costume. I just finished the last few stitches. You can try it on with the sandals if you found some today." Jo Ann took a long swig from her beer, and lay the costume on the bench beside her, going back to watching Cassie carve the pumpkin.

"I want to help carve the pumpkin, so don't do it all." KC started in the house.

"You are not touching my pumpkin, KC. Anyway, I'm almost through with it."

Jo Ann sighed loudly when KC popped his hands on his hips and turned. "You always get to do everything. It won't hurt you to let me help."

"Hell, no. I've worked too hard for you to screw it up, and that's that." Cassie was pointing her knife at KC as she spoke.

"I have another pumpkin over here KC. You can carve your own after you try on your costume." Jo Ann rolled her eyes at the two adults.

KC turned back to Cassie and stuck his tongue out before turning to go inside.

"Damn, KC. What are you? Five? You're acting like a spoiled brat." Cassie threw a hand full of seeds toward KC's retreating back.

Jo Ann watched the exchange and then said. "You two should've been brother and sister. I'm beginning to think if KC ever moves out, you'll miss him more than I will."

"Don't fool yourself. The sooner he leaves, the better. I can't afford him using all my make up and trying to fit into my stockings and shoes. He ruined my favorite tights last weekend."

Jo Ann got up and picked up one of the other pumpkins and put it on the table so KC could carve it when he got back. She then sat down by Cassie, watching her put the finishing touches to her grinning pumpkin. The sound of the back door caused them both to look up.

KC walked out wearing black silk boxers with a giraffe's neck and head protruding from the crotch, a gold sequioned tank, gold sandals with three inch heels, and a halo made of gold wire.

"Oh my God!" Cassie covered her mouth to keep from laughing. "Looks like you were wrong about the heels, Jo Ann."

Jo Ann was speechless. She just hoped none of the neighbors looked out their window. She hastily grabbed the white material off the bench, and wrapped it around KC. The giraffe head protruded out the front. KC went to adjust his crotch when he noticed a large black spider hanging on the gold cord of the tunic. Squealing like a girl, he started trying to get the material off of him.

Mr. Waters, from next door, came running over with a shovel, hearing the screams, and thinking it was one of the girls.

KC had finally freed himself from the tunic and spider, and the giraffe head sprung free. He turned around at the sound of running feet to look straight into the eyes of their next door neighbor. Trying to cover the giraffe's head, he pushed at it..

Old Mr. Waters saw the long neck and head, and his poor eyesight thought it was a snake , the young man was trying to get off of him. He started beating it with his shovel. KC started screaming in earnest as Cassie and Jo Ann were helpless, they were laughing so hard at the sight in front of them.

Jo Ann finally came to her senses enough to get Mr. Waters attention. She tried to explain to him between giggles what was going on. Finally, the old man just shook his head, and went back to his own yard, muttering to himself about perverts and people that let them live with them.

KC stood in the middle of the back yard, crooked halo, on his head, and a broken necked giraffe hanging from his crotch. He reached down, picked up the white tunic, and shook it, making sure the spider was gone.

Cassie was still laughing so hard that she finally had to go inside to the bathroom to keep from wetting herself.

Jo Ann ushered KC with her, and stopped in the kitchen to fix the three of them a drink. They were going to need something stronger than beer after that episode.

KC was sitting dejectedly on the couch. Jo Ann turned on a lamp and sat down beside him, handing him his drink. She sat Cassie's on the table in front of them,and leaned back taking a sip of hers, waiting for KC to say something.

"Do you think he will tell everyone?" KC seemed embarassed and very scared.

"Nah, he won't tell anyone, because no one would believe one word of something that crazy." Cassie spoke as she came back into the room. " Anyway, it's almost Halloween, and people do wierd things at Halloween."

KC sat up a little straighter at Cassie's words.

Cassie sat down on the other side of KC, and picked up her drink with one hand, and the remote with the other. She channel surfed until she found a movie that she knew KC would enjoy, and the three of them watched in silence. After about five minutes, the two girls looked at each other, and the laughter commenced again, both of them,, holding their sides, they laughed so hard.

"Bitches."

Copyright © 2014 joann414; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh God, Jo Ann! You had me in stitches!!! From KC falling into a manhole while texting and walking, to the neighbor beating his 'giraffe' off with a shovel! lol

 

This was hysterical! Now I will always think of KC in gold sequins and high heels! hahah :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

O-M-G! Please Jo Ann tell me how did you get the idea of the whole KC's 'attire'. It was hilarious and that spider...oh God Poor Mr. Waters.

 

I really liked bantering between Cassie and KC. They were cute specially KC. I still remember his 'memorable' dance in last chapter and I'm sure I'm not going to forget his outfit in this chapter.

 

It was real fun reading this chapter. Great work:)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 01/01/2014 03:43 PM, sacredlove said:
O-M-G! Please Jo Ann tell me how did you get the idea of the whole KC's 'attire'. It was hilarious and that spider...oh God Poor Mr. Waters.

 

I really liked bantering between Cassie and KC. They were cute specially KC. I still remember his 'memorable' dance in last chapter and I'm sure I'm not going to forget his outfit in this chapter.

 

It was real fun reading this chapter. Great work:)

Thanks so much. Made my night:)
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 09/27/2014 05:58 AM, Slytherin said:
:funny: Poor KC being beaten with a shovel ! No dead moments when KC is around thats for sure ! :gikkle::2thumbs:
Thanks Dang Bear!!!!!
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..