Jump to content
    Jojo90
  • Author
  • 1,006 Words
  • 128,206 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Despair - 1. Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Vlysia: Leaving the sad world behind


 

The air was colder than ice, yet the whole place seemed to have its own warmth. The world inhabited by the space mistress Avlysia, was home to those who have nothing left to live for in the world that we all know and love. She brings to her side those who have felt what it means to lose all hope and love; and then gives them the hope of regaining what it is that they so desire. Whether it is the fallen lover or the loss of family and dreams, the Ultime Core can return all too how it once was.


 

The Ultime Core. It is the single strongest piece of raw power the world will ever know. Whoever gets to control this piece of power can return order to chaos, or bring about grand destruction. The Core is the single item in the two worlds which can foster both life and death at the same time. It has the ability to command millions or move the tiniest grain of sand. The grand prize of all prizes in the universe, it shall be won by one or the other…


 

“Well my darlings, it is finally here! The time has come to put you all on the battlefield of this war. The war we shall indeed start and finish with flawless victory!! You are the strongest of your kind; no one has known what we all know now! If we want to be happy, we must take back our happiness; or no one else deserves the right to be happy ever again!” spoke Avlysia.


 

“Correct, my Queen…,” spoke all six hooded figures in unison.


 

“Good! Now go, my Avatars of Sadness!! Show them that we mean business and that we want what is rightfully ours!! Hahahaha!! Go on!!!” Avlysia exclaimed.


 

All six figures were shrouded in the blackness of the shadows as they crossed over to the real world. Each hooded figure disappeared and reappeared on the opposite side within moments of the last. They all took one last look behind them as they went on their ways; two in one group and the last four dispersed separately. It had begun… destruction would reign upon the happy…


 

Within moments the four separate Avatars began the destruction on the city below as the two leaders watched from the lofty perch of a skyscraper. The ruination began with a few destroyed cars or windows, but soon came to be flames engulfing the sides of apartments and businesses. It eventually rose to be the killing of the people trying to flee for their miserable, happy little lives. It was far too late for that now…


 

“Should we help, or just let them have their fun?” asked Sorrow; second in command.


 

“If we must, then we shall make our entrance, otherwise, I’m really not up to wasting energy which can be used to a better satisfaction later,” spoke Despair, their leader.


 

“Fine, I can wait, no problem,” replied the beautiful Sorrow.


 

She didn’t like to admit it very often, but she was exceptionally pretty. If any normal man could have the chance to gawk at her, they would without a doubt drool. She had the deepest brown eyes that could go on for miles and a smile that could light or darken the world itself. She was slim and perfect in every way a vixen would be, which she undoubtedly was. Sorrow was one of the prettiest girls in the entire world, even if she liked to deny it.


 

“If a problem arises, I shall let you have all the fun in clearing up the streets of the trash it holds, ok?” spoke Despair.


 

“That would be excellent!!” smiled Sorrow.


 

As if the words spoken from Despair’s lips were heard by the gods, a large mob of people with torches, guns, and knives began to rampage down the street. They pummeled forward like the ocean meeting the shore, until finally reaching the first hooded figure they found. They began to swarm around him like sharks around a wounded whale. He was hopeless alone.


 

“Pain’s abilities won’t work on all of them at once,” Despair began.


 

“Then that means it’s my time to take the stage!” Sorrow finished.


 

Sorrow gracefully jumped from the building and with one sweeping motion she effortlessly glided down to where the mob began to slowly close in on Pain. She landed in front of Pain, looking straight into the eyes of the bewildered mob. They began to back away, but it was already too late. Sorrow began to sing.


 

The bittersweet melody that left her lips filled the air and their hearts of the mob with confusion, hurt, and sadness. The lyrics were lost in melody of screams and cries now being emitted by the defeated mob. It didn’t take long for the pain to set in on the trapped crowd, they were finished. Blood began to pour from the ears of the audience of Sorrow and her song. The entire mob fell motionless to the ground.


 

“Thanks for the cover.” smiled Pain.


 

“Of course, I just love singing in front of such a happy crowd!” laughed Sorrow.


 

“Enjoying yourselves?” asked Despair.


 

“Oh yes, I just can’t wait for…” began Sorrow before a flash of light appeared in the sky over a street from them.


 

“Well, it seems company has finally arrived…lets go.” stated Despair.


 

All six Avatars gathered on the rooftop of a pawn shop on Market Street to see what had caused the light to appear. For the first time, they gazed upon their new rivals in the war for the Ultime Core: The Light Keepers. There were seven warriors from the side of good now opposing those of the dark. It was going to be a true all out war from here on out. Let the battle begin…


 

Copyright © 2011 Jojo90; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..