Jump to content
    Jojo90
  • Author
  • 1,201 Words
  • 575 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Despair - 3. Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The battle really begins

The small room in the top of the castle in Vlysia that Despair lived in, was small and bland like the rest of the castle. He had the tiny room away from all of the other Avatars except for Sorrow, who was the person he felt closest to.

It didn’t have the best lighting and the colors had all but faded from the walls, if there had ever been any that covered the grey stone blocks that were everywhere. Despite all of that, Despair found peace and serenity from almost all troubles; his own personal Eden. Other things were on his mind tonight though, that distracted him from his normally peaceful and serene mind.

Lying across his bed in a black long sleeved shirt and a pair of ripped jeans, he was twirling his brown hair in between a few fingers. His hair was average length ending right above the ear. He had piercing green eyes that could see through almost anything and anyone. His body was of a normal build with a flat stomach that only faintly had a six pack outline beginning to come into view. The rest of his body filled out nicely with the rest of him, like a puzzle that fit together nicely after staring at it for hours.

His mind was elsewhere thinking about the upcoming events that would take place tonight; but also the events that had already taken place while visiting the real world. So much had already happened, but it was only one visit under the Avatar’s belts’.

“How did that guy Jackson know so much about me? …It’s kind of creepy. He was lucky he was so damn cute. How did he find out all of my personal information? Who had told him? I thought that no one really cared… Why should I care though? He may be cute and a decent fighter, but it’s not like he would see anything in me anyways. I’m too wrapped up in the past and…it just isn’t going to happen, so why bother? Despair softly spoke to himself. “I shouldn’t be feeling like this anyways…if Avlysia knew what I think when I block her out…I’d be done for.”

Knock Knock Knock…

“...Ugh…Come in…,” spoke Despair.

“Well don’t we just sound like a bag full of fun tonight?” asked Sorrow as she walked through the door into the tiny little room. She had a little black dress on set of black flats. Her blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders until the end of the waves hit the middle of her back. She had a bright smile on and she began to laugh a little as she looked down at her one real friend in the world.

“You really are too cute, you know that right? It’s almost not fair. Are you sure that you’re not into girls? I bet I could change our friendship and you in a heartbeat!” spoke Sorrow as she began to giggle.

“You know if one day I ever wake up and decide that I don’t like dick anymore, that of course I will be going to you first. Probably never going to happen though, sorry.” laughed Despair.

“I know Loryn; just promise me that you’ll always be there for me. That some guy we each eventually have will never come between us. Promise?” asked Sorrow.

“Of course Emily; you will always have my heart no matter what.” smiled Despair as he sat up on his bed next to the spot that Sorrow was sitting.

“Thank you.” whispered Sorrow as she leaned over and gave Despair a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“We need to be very careful though Emily; I fear that Avlysia may start to catch on that we aren’t as cold hearted all of the time as she would like to believe. Make sure that you block all of the thoughts out that you know she wouldn’t like to hear. I’ve been doing it a lot myself the past day or two. I bet she would probably punish me severely if she were to hear what I’ve been thinking about.” warned Despair to his friend.

“Ok… I will do my best, just like I have been. I’m pretty sure that I’ve been successful. So then…what have you been thinking about?” questioned Sorrow.

“Just that if what we are actually doing is the correct thing to do. I mean, I still believe what we are doing is right in my heart, but the Light people say differently. What if we throw the whole world out of balance? What if bringing him back to me hurts everything out there, not just other people’s happiness?” asked Despair. “I’m not sure if I do want that…”

“Oh… I wish I could understand you on a better level than what I have, but I don’t. All I can say is I’m sorry. I know it hurt losing him. We all lost something once, and I still think we deserve to get it back, but…I think it’s too late for me now. I’ve already killed…” stated Sorrow sadly.

“It’s ok, I forgive you. You did what you had to in order to keep up the appearance that we must. If not, we may not be here today. I still haven’t figured out the extent of Avlysia’s powers to see and hear what we do when on the other side. Who knows what she could be capable of, I mean, she did find all of us didn’t she?” Despair told Sorrow.

“That’s scary when you put it like that. Really only you have the power that might stand a chance against her. The rest of us wouldn’t stand a chance, not that any of the others would ever stand up to her. They’re all mindless now. No hope lies within them anymore; the sadness truly did take over.” said Sorrow.

“That’s ok. We’ll be fine; we can get away without the rest of them at some point, one way or the other. Don’t worry, I’ll have you’re back, and never forget about you. Never.” Despair reminded Sorrow.

“I’ve got you forever too!” said Sorrow.

“Thanks, always good to know. Now, let’s go down and meet Avlysia so we can get the information on what to do on this ‘spy’ mission that she is sending you and me on. It’s about damn time we get to wear some normal clothing again, right?” laughed Despair.

“Yeah it is!” Sorrow said while also laughing. They both began to get up and head for the door.

“Oh that’s what I forgot to tell you, so you know how we each had a Light person chase us around?” asked Despair. Sorrow nodded. “Well, mine was…um, he was really cute.” said Despair.

Despair laughed a bit at seeing the look of shock on Sorrow’s face as he walked out of the room. He laughed even more when she ran out of the room after him saying things like: “You lucky shit!,” “No f-ing way!,” and “Why did I get a girl!?” He closed the door and they walked down the stairs laughing and talking all about Jackson the whole way.

Copyright © 2011 Jojo90; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..