Jump to content
    Jojo90
  • Author
  • 1,303 Words
  • 486 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Despair - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Raid one: Keepers of Light


 


As the light began to shine all around the city, they Avatars found themselves not enjoying what they were seeing. The shimmering glow of light began to fade as seven figures began to emerge from whatever was creating the blinding light. All seven of the people now standing before the Avatars were draped in a glittering white outfit that made each one seem different, but unique. They all just stood there gazing at their soon to be rivals, wondering who would be the first to make a move.


“I guess the party’s over,” stated Sorrow sadly.


“So it seems,” replied Despair.


“Should we make the first strike?” asked Pain.


“…Go ahead…” answered Despair.


In a flash the Avatars sprang into action flying around the city at great speeds, all separating, trying to break up the new found threat. It worked, as each Avatar was soon followed closely by a Keeper of Light. Easily maneuvering around the new foes, the Avatars quickly cornered the individual Keeper who had followed them. All except Despair, who had instead decided to go out in the middle of the deserted city street.


“Do you want to play a game?” Despair asked the Keeper.


“Why are you doing this? You don’t have to hurt all of these innocent people, you know. We can help you!” replied the Keeper.


“I don’t need your pathetic help. I simply asked you a question. Now, if you’d be so kind: Would you like to play a game with me?” Despair calmly asked again.


“No, I just want to help you!” pleaded the Keeper.


“Awww, that’s too bad. That really wasn’t the answer I was looking for,” smiled Despair.


“Please, we don’t want to hurt any of you. My name is Jackson. I know all about you. All of us know what you’ve all gone through. I know it isn’t easy to let go of the hurt, but you have to try. Try for David,” spoke Jackson.


“What did you just say?” asked Despair coldly.


“I didn’t mean to…” began Jackson.


“Enough! You know nothing about me! No matter though, you soon will,” stated Despair. “Do you know what my power is then? It’s great fun. Here, let me show you!!” yelled Despair.


Within an instant, Despair vanished from sight, leaving no trace behind him. Jackson stood looking around for a moment until he felt a slight disturbance at his right side. As Jackson began to glance to his right, Despair emerged from the left, delivering a blow to the side of the Jackson’s left arm. A small slice was made, blood beginning to trickle down his arm, defiling the shimmering white cloak.


“So, you do have a few tricks up your sleeve, huh? They didn’t tell us you could manipulate time like that. Is it your form of teleportation?” spoke Jackson.


“Oh yes, phasing in and out of time, it’s actually a specialty of mine. Gets you where you want to go quickly and efficiently. Maybe I can show you how it feels sometime… So then, are you ready for more? Hehehe, here goes,” laughed Despair.


This time Despair rose into the high into the air, creating a swirling portal in front of him. The colors blend from black to red to blue, finally staying a shade of depressing gray. The portal began to grow bigger until it was just bigger than Despair himself. Within moments of creating this void of seemingly nothingness, a taxi flew out of the portal, hurled towards Jackson.


“Protect me light,” whispered Jackson.


Just as quickly as the car had appeared, so did a massive glowing white orb of light around Jackson. The taxi was completely blocked, as the orb of light completely repelled it, sending it flying to the side of the street. The orb vanished as Jackson rose to his feet, still clutching his arm, as it began to start bleeding more than a few moments ago.


“Impressive indeed, I just can’t wait to see what more you have to offer,” smiled Despair.


“We are the Keepers of Light; all we wish is to keep everyone happy and safe, including all of you. Why is that so bad to you?” questioned Jackson.


“What exactly is it that you know about happiness, hmm? I had it once, but it was stripped away like a pacifier from a three year old child. I haven’t felt anything but despair in a very long time, and now you think you can just ask why I’m not happy? No one ever came to help me, to comfort me, cover me. I was all alone. Then Avlysia came to my aid. She has shown me the way to get back what I most desire,” spoke Despair.


“The Ultime Core,” finished Jackson.


“So you do know. Why is it you won’t allow us to obtain it? That is what would make us truly happy. We can have everything we ever had back. Is that really too much to ask for?” asked Despair.


“It would throw the entire world out of balance if you used the Ultime Core to bring back the dead. You should know this. Not even your control over time allows you to do something of that magnitude,” stated Jackson sadly.


“We shall soon see what extent my powers have, don’t you worry your pretty little head about that. I will succeed, you just watch and see. I will bring him back to me,” strained Despair as he began to walk away from Jackson.


“Wait, where are you going?” asked Jackson.


“You’re bleeding pretty badly and no longer at your full strength. Next time I won’t talk nearly as much, I’ll just get right down to business. Besides, the conversation we’ve had has made me lose interest in the fight…for now,” Said Despair coyly.


“I’m guessing we’ll meet again soon?” questioned Jackson.


“Very soon indeed,” answered Despair.


As Despair left the city street below to the lofty perch of a semi large skyscraper, he thought about what had happened so far on the first of many raids looking for the Ultime Core. He hadn’t even really looked for it, but he hadn’t sensed it either. Unless another Avatar had found it, which was highly unlikely, they would go back empty handed. So would the Keepers though, they wouldn’t have directly approached them if they had had the Ultime Core themselves. They would have taken it and hid it further away from us.


“I do believe it’s time to go everyone. We need to rethink all of our strategies and battle plans. I don’t care what you’re doing, leave now and call to Avlysia,” Despair telepathically spoke to the other Avatars.


All six Avatars then looked to the stars and dreamed of a world where the happiness they once all had would then come to meet them again soon. Dreaming and fighting are all that the Avatars had left. Maybe there dreams can someday be made into reality, and all of their happiness become whole again. Until then, they return to Vlysia.


“Bring us home, my Queen,” spoke all six Avatars in unison.


“Return my children to me,” echoed the voice of Avlysia.


The shadows once again swirled around each individual Avatar as they each began to once again leave the real world behind them. Just before the shadows engulfed Despair, he couldn’t help but think what would a life with love feel like again? What about that shady Jackson guy and the rest of the Keepers of Light? What move will be next?

Copyright © 2011 Jojo90; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..