Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    K.C.
  • Author
  • 510 Words
  • 1,191 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompting In The Dark - 2. Prompt 307- First Line

The first line of this prompt is: “Are you sure there is nothing that can be done?”

Prompt 307 First Line- “Are you sure there is nothing that can be done?”

 

“Are you sure there is nothing that can be done?” The frail, elderly woman asked Dr. Kaur. Her round cheeks were red and flushed with tears.

The handsome doctor gave Kyle an apologetic smile. Stepping back to give the woman some privacy to discuss her husband’s failing health, Kyle’s cell phone started to ring in the front pocket of his pale blue scrubs.

“Hey handsome,” Kyle said when he noticed Lee’s name on the screen.

“When will you be home?” Lee asked.

“Around six, why?”

“We need to have a talk…”

When Lee didn’t say any more, Kyle’s heart sank in his chest. He glanced around the nurses’ station. It was quiet at the moment. “I have a few minutes right now--”

“No, we’ll talk when you get home.” With that short answer, Lee hung up.

Kyle’s head was spinning. He imagined a million different scenarios in his mind. “I’m sure it’s nothing.” He said, trying to convince himself that nothing was going on. Everything had seemed perfect for the last three years, had he really misjudged their relationship?

“Dude, are you okay?” Dr. Kaur asked, jerking Kyle out of his spiraling nightmare.

Fighting a wave of nausea, Kyle tried to push down his fears but couldn’t. “I don’t feel good.”

“You don’t look so hot,” Dr. Kaur said waggling his dark eyebrows. When Kyle didn’t laugh or have a snappy comeback, the young doctor frowned. “Maybe you should go home.”

Kyle agreed with Dr. Kaur and gathered his belongings.

At home, Kyle found Lee sitting on the edge of their bed, rocking back and forth rubbing his forehead. Rushing to his side, Kyle tried to wrap his arms around Lee, but he pulled away.

“Babe, what’s wrong?” Kyle fell to his knees in front of Lee.

Lee’s voice trembled. “What would you say if you found out that I had cheated on you?”

Everything in Kyle’s stomach rose to his throat. He choked back the burning pain. “What are you saying?”

“What would you do?”

“I would fucking kill h-h-him,” Kyle stammered. “And then I’d kill you, Lee, is that what you’re trying to tell me?”

Lee rolled his dark eyes. “You couldn’t kill anyone. You’re too nice--”

“How do you know? Maybe I could. Obviously, we don’t know each other as good as we think we do if you’re cheating on me--”

“I’m not cheating on you!” Lee shouted overtop Kyle’s angry rant.

“What?” Kyle gasped.

“I said I’m not cheating on you.”

Kyle blinked again and again, trying to understand what was going on.

“My mom is cheating on my dad,” Lee whispered. “This is going to crush him. She’s throwing away thirty years for some douchebag she met on the internet.”

“He doesn’t know yet?”

Lee shook his head as tears welled behind his dark eyelashes.

“Are you sure there’s nothing that can be done?” Kyle asked, searching for a way to save Lee’s parents’ marriage.

Thanks for checking out my prompt. I'm sure we will see more of Lee and Kyle in the future :)
Copyright © 2014 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aw, that is heartbreaking. I agree, I would have jumped to the conclusion Lee was cheating on me and wanted his ba... well I would have seriously considered removing something he might need. :lol: However, I too would have been looking for a way to comfort my lover and possibly save his parents marriage. Nice story, KC.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2014 02:35 PM, comicfan said:
Aw, that is heartbreaking. I agree, I would have jumped to the conclusion Lee was cheating on me and wanted his ba... well I would have seriously considered removing something he might need. :lol: However, I too would have been looking for a way to comfort my lover and possibly save his parents marriage. Nice story, KC.
Thanks Wayne, It's sad when you see this happening and can't do anything to stop it. Thanks for checking it out.
Link to comment

Well, he had me going! But yes, throwing away thirty years is just horrible. Or twenty-six...but these cheating people don't think of their spouses or their kids; they just think with their dicks. Well, I guess the women don't, maybe they think with their wallets. I don't know. I've never done that. But being on the receiving end sure does suck.

 

Another great prompt, KC! I'm glad you're back! :P

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..