Jump to content
    LJH
  • Author
  • 446 Words
  • 1,495 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Choice - 1. Chapter 1

Only one chapter that concludes itself...hope you enjoy the twist at the end...hehehe

THE CHOICE

2005

1

Your throat locks with emotion. You’re on your way to the wedding and you feel sick. After long periods of soul searching, the final decision to carry out this act must be quick. You’re nervous because after so many years of living in constant fear of being chastised, you finally have recognition.

The office staff will be there, some smiling, some thinking how silly. The press will be there with ink as ammunition.

If you marry, you will be blessed with years of stability, you may raise a family, learn through humility and increase your credibility. If you turn back, you will never know the joy of this man’s bond. You will lose the ability to be true to yourself as a man of your word.

You visualize the heat in the sheets, his soft jasmine smell.

You are about to give your life away to this man. You see the church and friends with their partners. You see your parents and sisters with their daughters and sons. The car slows to a stop. A single chapel stands in the middle of an exotic garden. Suddenly there is a camera in your face. And a barrage of questions from a horde of hardened reporters.

They want to know how will you two have kids? Who is top? Who is bottom? Who will wear the dress?

How naïve people are. You manage to tell a reporter to check out a library for the answers before he runs the press. You stand at the steps, peering in. You have a moment to decide on this. Be normal! Think rationally. Your shirt is wet.

Don’t overstep the promise of commitment. On the other hand you need so much love and he gives it to you in bucket loads – you’re his pet.

The music strikes up and the choir sings. He turns around, sees you striding up the aisle, dressed in a black suit with long tails and a corsage spilling from your breast pocket. You see him as striking and perfect, dressed in white tails and a black Bowtie.

His pocket-watch dangling like a bright silver locket.

You smile a thousand times as you approach that dimple on his cheek and the stretched out hand waiting to take you as his lifelong partner. For better or worse, richer or poorer. You suddenly stop. Halfway down the aisle. Your guests sigh. Is your decision made while the choir begins to sing?

You chuckle and smile, then continue to walk down that forever aisle.

You’re kind of glad you made the right choice.

But

What you don’t yet know,

is that you’ve forgotten the ring.

okay, back to the beginning of the story, let's say you have the ring, then what?
L J Harris
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

If I'd forgotten the ring I'd just apologize to them and look for a surrogate / temporary one and promise I'd get the real one a.s.a.p.

Link to comment

Ok, Louis. This story has a point of humor that I love also.

As always, your style is perfect.

It is not exactly the way I would had written the story, but each writer do it in a different way, and takes up different topics to stuff his stories.

That is the reason we can read, for each story is different, or is told in a different manner. If we were all writing the same way, or over the same story, it would be rather boring.

Link to comment

i think you bring this off really well. second person is the weirdest style to try, i guess, and you manage it with pace and humour and credibility. like! :)

Link to comment

Just found this, and it is awesome. Great writing. I could feel the emotion and uncertainty :2thumbs:

Link to comment
On 03/05/2013 08:45 AM, joann414 said:
Just found this, and it is awesome. Great writing. I could feel the emotion and uncertainty :2thumbs:
Thank you Joann. I wrote this as a short while playing around with second person. I often read stories written in the second person and really wanted to try my hand at it whilst bringing in a little of my own experience. Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks so much for reading.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..