Jump to content
    Lugh
  • Author
  • 178 Words
  • 1,673 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Why The Chicken Crossed The Road - 1. The Answer

“Flee you clucking biddies, flee or I’ll send the foxes after you!” The Prince stood in the middle of the hen yard in his boxers clutching a baseball bat as the squawking birds half flew and half ran through the open gate, over the gravel path, and out into the open field.

“Oh my!” gasped Cinderella as she watched her prince chase the last of the birds out of the yard.

When he saw her, he drew up short and reigned in himself regally. “I guess now you know,” he stated.

“Know what?” she asked, one eyebrow quirked questioning.

“There is no reason that I can not have beef,” he said with dignity.

“Except the doctor said you should not have it. He said you may have chicken. Now why are the chicken across the road?”

Prince Charming picked up the baseball bat and shook it at the birds, then swung and connected with the hen house again brooking no argument from Cinderella. “I want beef,” He muttered, “and that’s why the chickens crossed the road.”

Copyright © 2010 Lugh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

LOL! I don't know if my post about the new system changeover, and Myr's response, inspired the posting of this story but I love it none the less. Great reflection on life's biggest questions!

Link to comment

To understand the author's answers to this crucial question we must first analyse the author's childhood and youth. The story clearly shows a life-changing event occurred between the author and feathered animals during the author's younger days in the last century. This clearly dramatic event still haunts the author in his later days.

 

Hence the story can not be seen as the general answer to this vital question. It must be seen as an individual attempt to solve a puzzle that could not be solved since the appearance of mankind. But although the story does not answer the question properly it shows an unique way to think about the problem and may encourage everyone to find the true answer.

 

:great:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..