Jump to content
    Luiz
  • Author
  • 1,584 Words
  • 661 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chris in Highschool - 16. Chapter 16 - I wanna learn with you

December, 24th, 2008, Wednesday

 

So, it was a gloomy December 24th as it was the second Christmas without mom. I mean, last time, for us not to be alone, dad and I went to my aunt’s house to spend the Christmas Eve, but as it was all recent at the time, dad was far from his best cheering mood, and I wasn’t much better. The atmosphere got so ‘thick’ that day, we didn’t even show up for the Christmas lunch. This year, I guess due to those previous events, we weren’t invited, or dad just dismissed all the invitations… or both… well I don’t exactly know, what I know is that I was alone at home.

I was bored, a little on the sad side of my mood… but I do love Christmas as much as I love thanksgiving. You know, last thanksgiving, despite I was alone, I put the ornaments on the Christmas tree and kinda celebrated my way… I know mom would’ve liked to see me celebrating, not mourning on my own. As we moved to this new house, the tree was ‘undone’ and so I was at home with no Christmas tree in a Christmas evening.

“Hey Champ.” dad said as he was sitting beside me on the sofa.

“So, we don’t have a father son quality time for a while.” he started. “What do you say about we watching a movie?” he inqured me.

“It’s ok.” I lazily replied.

“As long as it’s none of that horrible zombie stuff you teenagers like,… let me see…” dad said as he was thinking… “I don’t want the Christmas stuff too, it’s gonna depress me… ah, I guess we should watch the classic stuff!” and with that last dad’s comment, we ended up watching ‘Gone with the Wind’.

We had watched half of the movie, and it was already dark, that evening, when the doorbell rang.

“Hey, Peter.” I said, with a smile.

“Hiii.” he replied with a smile of his own. And, this time it was no exaggeration, he was in his cool clothes, I mean, dressed up for Christmas Eve, there was even some perfume going on… I mean, he smells so… sweet usually, but this time it was even better. I bet he had just showered and crossed the street to ring on my doorbell.

“So…” he would start.

“Oh, come in… sorry, it’s cold outside.”

“So…” he would start again.

“Hi, Mr. Hershey.” I said, as he was by the door too, he had a coat, probably to go outside his house, to our door.

“Hey, Chris. Peter… your mom told me as you would invite them to come over, it would be better if I came here too, to invite Mr. Schaeffer...” he was saying in a ‘low voice’ to Peter, but we could hear his good mood. *giggle*

“Hi.” dad said to him, and he replied ‘hi’ back. Dad continued.

“Well, as we were here too lazy and then we would have to think about which fast food to ask… I guess it couldn’t hurt take a look at your Christmas party.” dad replied, with his usual confidence, to Mr. Hershey. They laughed and it was set.

“My champ and I were here at home, avoiding family gathering as we wouldn’t like to bring them sad memories and stuff… as you must know…” he trailed off to Mr. Hershey.

“Oh, I see.” Mr. Hershey replied all polite.

“So, let’s get the party started!” dad said, with two bottles of whisky he just took from the shelf and we headed to Peter’s, across the street.

As we got in it was nice and warm, they had Christmas lights on the living room, it was warm, so we dropped our coats on an armchair, by the door and it smelled like Christmas food. So it was very nice, my ‘gloominess’ just dissipated like the fog of a cold morning turning into a warm afternoon.

“So, you know, the last game of the season, I was at work right at the time, can you believe it?” Mr. Hershey was talking to dad.

“Sure, I was busy with tons of work, couldn’t manage even the final round at the café…”

“I rented it, just gonna watch it.” Mr. Hershey said.

“It’s great with me. I’m there too.” dad completed and with that… and the drinks… they were ‘absorbed’ talking about the boring baseball stuff.

“So, let’s go to my room.” Peter was taking me by the hand.

“Hi, Chris, how are you, dear?” Mrs. Hershey was coming from the kitchen and greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi, Mrs. Hershey, I’m fine, thanks.”

“So, I have two people to help me finishing set the table and put the raisin over the turkey.” she said with a smile.

“Mooom…” Peter complained.

“No ‘mooom’, tonight we have no time to go to bed, so after we eat, you can do whatever you want, now, a little help.” she said, giving the forks to Peter, for him to set the table.

“Please, dear, take this to the ‘two sports fan’ on the living room”. Mrs. Hershey told me as she handed me a tray with pieces of turkey and ham.

She looked at my puzzled face and continued “We don’t wait till midnight here dear, after all, eating is one of the wonders of the world.” She finished with a giggle. I giggled too… she was right, right?!

And with that we were eating so much before ‘dinner time’ that I guess we wouldn’t even be hungry nor wait till midnight *giggle*

“Well, at least the dessert is surprise for later.” Mrs. Hershey winked at me. “It’s all fine boys, thank you, now I deserve one or two… or three drinks *giggle* at the living room with the guys, if you excuse me.” she said with a smile “I’m gonna try to take them ‘from the tv screen’, sports and all this boring stuff.” she finished with a giggle.

I was looking at the table and at Mrs. Hershey as she walked, happy, to the living room and my watery eyes betrayed me. It seems true to dad’s words that mom was the joy and spirit at home, and without her it was just a house to live in… It was bringing mom to my memory, I felt as she was inside of my heart… I mean, she always is… but as if she was actually there… maybe she was good enough to take the job of ‘The Christmas Spirit’ you know, and she was there with me…

“Hey, let’s go to my room for me to show you my mini cars collection I just organized… in spite of Christmas spirit… vacations, freetime, dunno…” he finished patting my back.

I was kind of zoning out, running my hands on the books on Peter’s shelf, in his room…

“Hey, don’t be sad in a day like this…” Peter said to me, flashing a white beautiful smile at me and he kinda stopped to stare at me.

“I’m feeling so lonely tonight you know…” I started and I was going to mention mom…

“Oh, so do you consider finding yourself a boyfriend?!” Peter asked, kind of worried, kind of curious, I guess… his big quizzical blue eyes, so so beautiful.

“Oh, it’s not that, I mean…” I blushed furiously – and I was being…er… stupid, because I mean, Peter already knows… but it’s just that, he asked mmm… so bluntly… I guess I wasn’t ready to deal with that question… mmm but if that is having a true friend… he sent the sad thoughts away, you know.

“It’s just that I’m afraid people know, I mean, people from school can’t know, people in general can’t know because I don’t want my father to find out either…” I trailed off averting my gaze to the floor.

“Well, I know!” Peter said, smiling at me and sitting beside me on his bed.

“But you it’s different…” I replied, not being able to look his in the eyes

After a minute, he was standing in front of me, tall, beautiful, smelling great, nice clothes, all in a party mood, he got a weak smile of my own as I took the nerve to look at his hypnotizing look.

“I… I guess… I should practice…” I said that and started hyperventilating, mentally saying to myself ‘Chris, what are you doing’. “I know you’re straight and stuff and I’m sorry for saying that… I…” I took a breath to watery eyes “you’re my best friend… I don’t wanna lose you…”

And our eyes met.

“Do you wanna practice with me?” he asked, in a sexy serious tone and gaze and gosh *sigh* I was hypnotized, I couldn’t ponder anything to reply.

“I wanna learn with you.” I said automatically, lost in his gaze, sitting on his bed as he was standing in front of me, hypnotizing me, making me lost in his beauty.

He lowered his head as he light placed his left hand on my shoulder, tentatively, and he gently lifted my face.

I closed my eyes, he closed his eyes and our lips met… and it was so soft, and smelled so good, and tasted so good… it wasn’t exactly under the mistletoe but that kiss I mean… it suddenly was the best Christmas ever as I felt a warm rush from my mouth, to my accelerated heart and all over my body.

 

So, tomorrow is a new day. What's gonna happen between these guys?! Suggestions? *giggle*
Thanks a lot!
Copyright © 2017 Luiz; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

12 hours ago, Peterlefun said:

Why wait for tomorrow; they have the rest of the night with no bedtime....

True that's what I said BUT I'll let you know why his tomorrow has to wait...It's just that I gotta update Peter's point of view about it lol and make the other story move on too 

I thought..still do...writing both points of view is cool but it's more hard work than I thought! It gives me more work to move on with the plot. 

I hope everybody enjoys! 

Edited by Luiz
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..