Jump to content
    M.A. Church
  • Author
  • 5,484 Words
  • 2,697 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kiss Me Deadly - 2. Chapter 2

John 6:53 “If you do not eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you.”

* * * *

Matt shut the bedroom door, stripped and lay down. Sprawled in bed and unable to sleep, his mind turned to what happened earlier at the bar. The feeling of unease still itched at the back of his neck. With a sigh Matt checked the alarm clock; daylight was only hours away.

Punching his pillow he rolled over away from the clock. He was determined to get to sleep and not watch the digital numbers change every minute. He was tired but keyed up. Tossing and turning he finally drifted off and sank into a deep sleep.

Wisps of gray fog curled under the bedroom door. Just a trickle at first, then big billowing clouds rolled into the bedroom. Across the floor the thick fog crept, making its way to the bed. The drifting fog carried a slight chill. Matt mumbled in his sleep and turned onto his back, the sheet around his waist.

Slowly the creeping fog climbed the bed, tendrils sweeping out, searching. The room darkened as the en-suite bathroom light flickered and went out, plunging the room into the shifting shadows of the night. A form coalesced from the fog and stepped to the bed. Strong pale hands reached out and gently grasped the sheet, pulling it to the foot of the bed.

“Ah, very nice,” Jude whispered, his red eyes gleaming in the darkness as the figure on the bed was laid bare. He bent over Matt. “Sleep, but open your mind to me. I want to know what you feel.”

Matt moaned as a cool hand brushed across his cheek. A thumb traced his lips, and driven by some unknown desire, Matt opened his mouth letting his tongue slip out to touch the digit. A startled hiss sounded from above him as Matt rubbed his tongue against Jude’s thumb, then kissed it.

The sound ended in an explosive sigh when Matt drew the thumb into his mouth and curled his tongue around it, sucking. Matt’s mouth was so warm. Jude couldn’t remember the last time he felt such warmth and it made him yearn for more.

Matt sucked until Jude finally pulled his thumb away, surprised that such a simple touch could inflame his passions so. His dick was achingly hard. The need to be buried in Matt’s warmth threatened to overwhelm Jude but he resisted. Never had Jude worried much about his partner’s satisfaction, the exception, of course, being Henri.

But even then that was different. He had been fucking another vampire and hadn’t needed to worry about control. Now he would have to. Reining in his rampaging desire, Jude caressed Matt’s chest heading towards his nipples. A light dusting of soft light brown hair covered Matt’s pecs.

Jude ran his fingers through it, watching as Matt twisted on the bed under his hands. Both nubs hardened immediately to little points begging for more attention. Happy to oblige Jude ran a finger over first one nipple, then the other.

“Ah, mmm,” Matt groaned, his fists clenching the sheet, his eyes squeezed shut as the promise of pleasure lurked just beyond his reach. Jude leaned down and flicked his tongue over a hardened peak. The he sucked on the dark nub, lavishing attention to it until it was hard and swollen.

“Like that, you do?” Jude said then brushed his fangs across the nipple, making Matt groan softly. Jude alternated between Matt’s nipples, making both highly sensitive.

Soft pants answered him, whispers of breath that begged for more.

Matt thrashed under Jude’s hands and mouth. His dick was hard and flat against his stomach, precum pooling on his stomach. Matt grunted and forced his hand to unclench the sheet. Jude, preoccupied with the responses he could force from Matt, was stunned to feel Matt’s hand stroking his hair.

When had a human touched him so… sweetly and with such… devotion? Usually the touches consisted of fluttering hands desperately battling him as the human owners died in his arms. Certainly nothing like this. Jude released the nipple he was teasing and moved to its twin. And Matt’s hand went with him, still stroking Jude’s hair.

What a nice feeling, Jude thought as Matt’s hand caressed Jude’s long locks, then tugged briefly when Jude sucked hard on a nipple.

“Ahhh,” Matt whispered as he tugged Jude’s hair.

Jude looked up at Matt, amazed. There was no fear, only a longing for more.

“Lower,” Matt rasped.

Jude lightly scraped his sharp nails down Matt’s stomach, drawing another mindless moan. Careful not to break the skin, but leaving faint marks that would disappear soon, he made his way down to where Matt craved to be touched.

Jude wrapped his hand around the dick that jumped in time to Matt’s thumping heart, earning a hissed “Yes.” Matt spread his legs willingly. Jude moved between those nicely toned spread legs to better enjoy the feast that awaited him. Matt’s dick was of average size but thick.

And, Satan help him, nearly hairless. Only a small patch of trimmed light brown hair was at the base. A thick vein ran the length of Matt’s shaft, drawing Jude’s attention. The need to sink his fangs into that vein seized Jude but he fought it.

The heat from Matt’s skin lured Jude closer; he could hear the blood rushing in Matt’s veins, smell the sweet, slightly metallic odor of the substance that fed him. But there was more, a scent that teased his senses… the musky scent of aroused human male flesh.

Jude, overcome with the need to have skin-on-skin contact, stripped. He had to feel Matt’s warmth. Once he was undressed he moved to the foot of the bed and used the extra pillows to lift Matt’s hips slightly. Immediately Matt raised his knees, opening his body to Jude. A strange feeling wrapped itself around Jude’s still heart.

“Beautiful,” Jude said, trying to remember if he had ever felt like this.

Matt offered himself without fear to one who was well known for inflicting violence and torture on others. A feeling of… calmness enveloped Jude. Never had he known such a feeling. Even before he died there was a void, a hole within himself that was unfulfilled.

Jude, moved beyond thought, settled between those spread legs. He nuzzled at Matt’s length, following the vein from root to tip. Matt trembled as Jude’s lips closed around the dome of his dick and sucked while his tongue caressed the top.

“Ahhh, god,” Matt groaned as he twisted on the bed, pleasure washing over him.

For once the name of that particular deity didn’t make Jude’s insides clench with unmitigated hate.

He ducked his head down and swallowed Matt to the base, tongue working frantically, throat massaging the dick lodged within it. Jude bobbed up and down, working Matt closer to an orgasm that was just beyond reach.

Every couple of strokes he pulled off and swirled his tongue around the flushed, swollen head. Jude’s tongue teased the slit wanting more of Matt’s precum. Jude found he liked the slightly sweet taste. It had been ages since he tasted anything other than blood or the flavor of another vampire.

When he took humans he wasn’t worried about their pleasure, only their pain. He wanted to fuck them, enjoy their pain-filled cries, then feed. He certainly wasn’t worried about exploring their bodies and giving them pleasure. Bathed in a light sweat, Matt’s groans and whispered words of encouragement drove Jude on.

“Please,” Matt said, and the word was asked in need, not bone crushing fright. “Fuck me…”

The tight grip Jude had on his control snapped at the softly spoken word. With nothing else close to hand to use as lube he bit his middle finger, and used his own blood to ease the way into Matt’s tight channel.

Warmth encased his lone finger, the tissue of a living being clenched his cold flesh. Jude curled his finger until he found the bundle of nerves that would drive Matt wild. Shaking and twisting on the bed Matt strained as Jude rubbed his prostate unmercifully.

Starting at his toes sparks of intense pleasure shot throughout his body and nailed him right between the eyes. Gasping, nearly crying from the feeling spreading through him, Matt begged to come.

It drove Jude over the edge.

“Come,” Jude growled as he swallowed Matt’s dick again.

With a hoarse yell, Matt unraveled. Cum exploded in Jude’s mouth and he sucked frantically at the living essence, determined to have every drop. His own body hummed with the need to claim the mortal, to bury his aching length inside Matt’s warm body and ride him until he screamed out that he belonged to Jude.

Pushed beyond all rational thought, Jude released Matt’s now limp dick, turned his head, and bit into the vein that ran up the inside of Matt’s leg. The swift, sharp pain of his bite sent tremors down Matt’s leg. He arched against the bed as Jude sucked hard. Pleasure flowed through Matt’s body at the swift, hard pulls on his vein. The blood of the living warmed Jude’s cold, lifeless body.

“Please, please…” Head thrashing back and forth on the bed Matt breathlessly begged to be fucked.

Suddenly Jude let go and his wet mouth closed over Matt’s dick again, sucking feverishly. Matt yelled once more; going from one extreme to the other had his whole body confused and disjointed. Quick as a striking snake, Jude released Matt’s cock and bit down on Matt’s leg again, the pulls on the vein not quite so hard this time.

“Aw damn, that’s so-so… Oh fuck,” Matt moaned.

Jude released the vein and licked it closed.

“Mine,” Jude hissed.

Placing the tip of his shaft at Matt’s entrance, he pushed in. The guardian ring gave way and he slid in, one smooth, slow glide up Matt’s channel. Pushing in and pulling out, his speed built up until he was fucking Matt hard, nearly pushing him into the headboard.

“Again,” he said. “Come again for me.”

Matt gritted his teeth as his balls tightened up and another string of cum shot from his dick, landing on his stomach, the fluid nearly clear. As Matt shot between them Jude continued to hammer away inside Matt, hitting his hot spot.

His thrusts became erratic and Jude pulled out. He rose up onto his knees and stroking hard, he pushed himself over the edge. He came over Matt, his own dead seed mixing with Matt’s living fluid. Stunned at what he did, Jude watched Matt fall into unconsciousness. Without realizing it, he just took the first step toward claiming Matt.

“By damn, what have I done?”

Jude looked at Matt laying there. He was so full of life, so sweet. He was everything Jude was not… honest, caring and loyal. How could he condemn one such as Matt to a life of darkness?

He would lose his soul, be damned just as Jude was, and have to walk the Earth as one of the undead. For all the years Jude existed this never bothered him. He delighted in sharing his curse and killing the creations of the Lord. But now… The need to mate hammered at him but Jude resisted.

How could he take Matt’s life and turn him into a monster? But then again, his own lonely existence stretched out in front of Jude; at least he would have a partner with whom to walk this world, another with whom to share his time. Maybe he could even find a bit of… joy. Could Matt fill this hole inside of him?

He was so tired of being alone; he wanted someone to share with, by hell. Why not take what little happiness he could find and… but at what expense? Matt would be a vampire, but he could be killed, unlike Jude. Then what? Would he be condemned to Hell? Jude could almost hear Satan’s gleeful laughter at the thought of Matt in hell and Jude walking the earth, alone. How could Jude take that chance?

“Fuck,” Jude hissed, unsure what to do. Once before he put his wants before what was right and look how that turned out. So what if it had been preordained?

He cleaned Matt up with a towel from the bathroom and hid it near the bottom of the stack of dirty clothes, then commanded Matt to wake later without clear memory of what happened. He wouldn’t give Matt his blood… yet. He needed to think about this, and not let his desires sway him.

For once he would try to do what was right. Whatever that was.

With the inbred sense of one who knows when the sun was close to rising, Jude disappeared in a swirl of smoke. No vampire, Jude included, knew why sunlight was so destructive. Just like birds instinctively knew what routes to follow during a migration, Jude knew immediately that sunlight was dangerous.

It could stem from the fact that he hanged himself during the daylight hours although nowhere in the Bible did it state that. Or it could be that Christianity saw the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ as bringing the light of eternal life and forgiveness into a darkened world. Didn’t really matter, vampires were condemned to live in the darkness.

He took Matt’s blood. And he came on Matt, marking Matt as his. All that was left to do was drain Matt and replace Matt’s blood with his own tainted blood. Then he would die from Jude’s deadly kiss only to be reborn. Jude returned to the apartment and Henri arrived right behind him. They retired to Jude’s bedroom to sleep the cold sleep of the dead.

* * * *

By late morning Matt was awake. He lay in bed trying to recall the dream. It was hazy, a little creepy, but one thing stood clear in his mind; he responded in that dream like never before. It had been years since he had a wet dream and was prepared to find messy bed sheets once he awoke. Instead there was nothing.

The other thing he remembered was the unearthly chill of his lover. Not emotionally, but physically, and that was disturbing. Climbing out of bed Matt walked to the bathroom. His normally tan skin was shallow and dark rings circled his eyes. For someone who didn’t drink last night he sure looked hung over.

He turned on the shower and ran the water hotter than normal. He was so tired this morning, he felt like he hadn’t slept at all. God, he hoped he wasn’t coming down with something. His whole body felt funny, heavy. Hopefully the hot water would help the aches in his body, especially the one in his leg.

* * * *

The following evening Matt picked Ryan up and took the long way to the club.

“I’m going to make this clear right now. We’re leaving earlier this time,” Matt said. “I’m tired and don’t feel like a repeat of last night.”

“I don’t plan to leave tonight anyway. I’m hoping Henri shows back up.”

“That’s the guy’s name?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, at least you got a name.”

“Don’t be nasty, Matt. I get that you’re upset with me leaving and not telling you. Next time—”

“Sorry, sorry. But that’s the problem, see? Next time you might get hold of some nut job and end up dead,” Matt said as he parked.

“I was going to say that next time I won’t move so fast, and that you’re right. What I did was stupid.”

“I just worry about you, that’s all, Ryan.”

“I know, and I’m sorry. No more stupid stunts like last night, I promise.”

“Okay.”

Matt and Ryan made their way inside and found a table. Their drinks barely made it to the table when Matt sensed someone watching them. The hair on the back of his neck stood up and a wave of raw power washed over him.

Startled, he looked up. Standing by door was a man whose eyes were locked on him. Long black hair framed a pale face with dark eyes. Matt had the almost irresistible urge to stand and move to the man, to clasp his arms around him and…

“Damn,” Matt muttered, stunned at the darkly erotic appeal of the guy and his own reaction.

Standing next to him was a brown headed guy who was scanning the crowd. The black headed one nudged the taller guy and motioned with his head to where he and Ryan sat. The taller guy nodded and smiled; Matt could see the delight in the guy's face. People parted, the crowd moving out of the way as they walked closer.

“I think we are about to have company,” Matt said as the two made their way over.

“Really? Why do you think…? Oh! It’s Henri, and look, he brought a friend.”

“Shit, Ryan, did you set me up?”

“No, I swear to god I didn’t.”

Jude frowned as they approached the table. He wished Henri would tell the little mortal not to use that damn “g” word. Nothing got his temper boiling faster than the Lord’s name, well… most of the time. Ryan’s head snapped around and a big smile crossed his face.

“Hey Henri, glad you could make it,” Ryan said. “Join us?”

“Ah, it’s good to see you again. I hoped you’d be here tonight. This is my friend Jude.”

“Nice to meetcha. This is Matt,” Ryan said as Henri and Jude sat down.

“Good evening,” Jude said, his dark eyes locked on Matt. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

A shiver of unease raced up Matt’s back. There was an air of coldness, of danger, that enveloped Jude, along with a blatant sexual intensity. Matt sat frozen in his seat, his body torn between the urge to shove his chair back and run, and an equally urgent desire to climb into the guy's lap and ride him for all he was worth.

“Hi,” Matt said finally, then dragged his eyes away from Jude only to focus on Henri, where it was safer. “Glad to finally meet you, Henri. Ryan’s mentioned you. But then, we’re good friends so he tells me everything.”

Jude raised an eyebrow. Did Henri understand what this little mortal was saying?

“That’s good to know,” Henri replied. “We all should be blessed with such good friends that share everything.”

Henri could see the smirk in Jude’s eyes. Yes, he understood what Matt was saying.

“Even though he acts like a bonehead sometimes, he’s as close to me as a brother.”

“Damn it, Matt—”

“What? I’m just telling him that we’re good friends and I know where you are most of the time,” Matt said as Ryan rolled his eyes.

“He’s a nice guy, Matt, so stop with the bulldog attitude; you’re embarrassing me,” Ryan said.

Merci beaucoup but I understand what your friend is saying and it’s no problem,” Henri said to Ryan then turned to Matt. “Let’s clear the air, Matt. Ryan did come home with me, and yes, that was a dangerous thing to do. But I returned him safely. I like him and plan to keep seeing him, too.”

“That’s cool. Just wanted you to know he has friends who keep up with him,” Matt shrugged.

“Mainly you,” Ryan complained.

“Well, someone needs to keep an eye on you,” Matt laughed. “Okay, I’ll stop. Just wanted to make myself clear, that’s all.”

“So anyway, would you like to dance, Henri?” Ryan asked a little desperately.

“I would like that,” Henri said, standing up. He, too, wanted to be away from the relentless probing. This human had balls. It was possible Jude finally met someone as strong-willed as him.

After they left Jude focused on Matt. “That was very well done.”

Matt shrugged. “Your friend seems nice, and Ryan likes him, I can tell. But in this day and age…”

“I understand,” Jude said. “So tell me, what is it you do?”

While Matt talked Jude examined his thoughts. He was impressed with this mortal. He was blunt, and by hell so very responsive, as he found out earlier this morning. He cared, and that was something with which Jude had little experience. Then a small little twinge pressed at the base of Jude’s spine when he thought how he scared Ryan.

If Matt ever found out what he did to Ryan he’d take him to task, and be much harsher than what he subjected Henri to, no doubt. And he didn’t want that, which surprised Jude. What he felt was… guilt? Maybe regret? Jude mentally shook himself. What in Hell's name was this human doing to him?

Ryan and Henri returned and sat out a couple of songs to cool off.

“Think we need a new round of drinks,” Ryan said. “I’m dry. How about you guys?”

“I’m driving so I’ll stick to good old-fashioned Dr. Pepper,” Matt said.

“Nothing for me,” Henri said.

“Me either,” Jude said.

“Wow, you’re not thirsty?” Ryan asked.

“No,” Henri replied, “but thanks.”

It was warm in the club and neither one of them were sweaty, either. Ryan worked up a good sweat dancing but Henri looked completely cool. Even Matt was warm from just sitting at the table. But both Henri and Jude looked as clean and crisp as if they just stepped out of the shower. And neither one of them looked like they saw the sun at all; they were both as pale as Cool Whip.

Matt ordered an appetizer while Henri and Ryan danced and the repulsion on Jude’s face when the food arrived was clear to see. Matt frowned. Both of these guys were sexy but strange. Another song came on and Henri nudged Jude and cut his eyes toward Matt. Jude frowned and Henri nudged him again, harder. With a silent sigh Jude stood up and held his hand out to Matt.

“Dance with me,” Jude said.

Matt looked at the hand held out to him then up at Jude. “Well, that depends. Are you asking me or telling me?”

“I’m—”

Henri coughed loudly and with a slight shake of his head glared at Jude.

“It appears I’m asking you,” Jude said. “So, may I have the honor of this dance?”

Matt raised an eyebrow at the oddly formal tone. “Sure.”

Once they left Ryan started laughing. “Good Lord, he sounded like something out of the past.”

“Regency era,” Henri said softly, lost in his memories of the French Revolution for a moment. “And Ryan? Jude really doesn’t like hearing the Lord’s name used.”

“Ah, gotcha. It bothers him, huh?”

“You could say that.”

Matt and Jude returned to the table. Over the next few hours the couples danced and talked. After yawning for the fifth time in a row Jude suggested they call it a night. Even Ryan wasn’t too perky. Jude and Henri walked them out to Matt’s car. Henri and Ryan were by the passenger side, talking and kissing.

“I would like to see you again,” Jude said. “Would you like to see a movie?”

“I…” Matt looked at Jude. There was something about the guy that made the hair on the back of Matt’s neck stand up. But there was a pull Matt couldn’t deny even though his brain was blasting out signals along the lines of “Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!”

Matt grinned at his own foolish thoughts. “Yeah, I’d like that.”

“How about tomorrow night then? I’ll pick you up after work, say about eight?”

“That’ll work. Any particular kind of movie you like?”

“You pick.”

“Oh man, bad move, Jude,” Ryan said from across the car. “Matt has a thing for horror movies so I hope you can stand stuff like that.”

“I believe I can handle horror,” Jude grinned. “Let’s exchange cell numbers, and give me your address.”

Several minutes later Jude had Matt’s information – not that he needed the address – and plans to meet again. After Ryan and Henri finished saying goodbye, Matt and Ryan were on their way home.

* * * *

The next evening found Matt and Jude on the way to the movies.

“So, have you decided what you want to see?”

“Well, since you’ve been warned about my taste for horror movies, how about that new vampire one?”

Jude grinned slightly. “Like that kind of stuff, huh?”

“Yeah.” Matt laughed as they parked. “I think I’ve seen every one there is.”

Jude bought their tickets and they went inside. Jude immediately started walking toward where their movie was being shown when Matt stopped him.

“How about some popcorn and something to drink?”

Damnation, Jude thought, forgot about that. Now what? “Ah, sorry for my poor manners. I’ll get it, Matt.”

Oh Satan’s horns this shit stinks, Jude thought once he had the food. Thank hell he no longer needed to eat.

They went back to their theater to wait for the movie to start.

“Want some?” Matt asked as he held the popcorn tub in his lap.

“Ah, no thanks. I’m not hungry.”

Maybe he has some sort of phobia about eating and drinking in public, Matt thought.

The lights went down and the movie started. Jude was actually impressed with it. Some of the stuff was accurate but other things were dead wrong… like garlic. Jude shook his head as they watched the movie. What the hell? Garlic, really? And sleeping in coffins? Why would any self-respecting vampire want to sleep in a coffin?

Give him a nice soft bed any day of the week. Jeez, where did humans come up with this shit? Jude watched Matt more than he watched the movie. About midway through Jude reached over and grabbed Matt’s hand. A slight smile crossed Matt’s face and he squeezed Jude’s hand. Soon the movie was over and they were leaving.

“I had fun tonight,” Matt said as they walked to the Jude’s vehicle, a black Lexus.

Just how much money did Jude have? Matt thought.

“I did, too. Do you want to do anything else or are you ready to go home?”

“I need to call it a night; I have work in the morning. To be honest I’m tired. I think I may be coming down with something.”

“Hopefully not. I would like to see you tomorrow night.”

“I don’t have anything going on. You know, you could drop by and meet me for lunch tomorrow.”

“As much as I would enjoy that, I’m afraid I can’t.” Jude searched his mind for an excuse. “I have a prior engagement. But what about a night in? I have a nice game room with a pool table.”

“Cool, you shoot pool? That’s sounds nice.”

“Excellent, I’ll pick you up at eight again,” Jude said as he drove Matt home.

“Nice,” Jude said as he parked in the drive way.

“It’s small, but it’s enough for me.”

The house was small but well maintained as were the rest of the houses on the block. Matt got out and met Jude on the sidewalk. Jude walked with Matt to the door. Once there Matt fidgeted with his keys until he found the right one. He unlocked the door but didn’t open it, instead turning to face Jude. Jude, encouraged, leaned in and feathered his lips across Matt’s.

Matt’s lips opened and Jude sank into the kiss. Before he knew what he was doing he backed Matt against the door, leaned into his body and ravaged his mouth. The soft whimper of pleasure drove Jude on. Pressed against Matt’s body Jude locked his arms around Matt and pushed his erection against him, and nearly lost the fragile control on his lust when he felt the bulge that greeted him.

Surprised at how he was spiraling out of control Jude pulled back. Matt’s lips were slightly swollen and wet, his eyes were hazy and he was panting; panting with lust, not fear. Jude knew he was seconds away from losing control and taking Matt right then and there. Then Matt said the very thing needed to snap him back.

“I had a great time, and I really enjoyed being with you tonight. I’m looking forward to tomorrow night. And Jude, thanks for not pushing me. Most guys would have been trying to back me through the door and into the bedroom by now.”

If you only knew, Jude thought, how close I am to kicking down the door and throwing you over the nearest flat surface.

“I’m tempted, don’t think I’m not. But I don’t want to ruin this by acting like a barbarian.”

Besides, there’s always after you go to sleep, Jude thought.

“Thanks, you have no idea how much I respect you for that.”

Well hell, then again maybe not, Jude thought with a wince.

“I better go; I’ll see you tomorrow night.”

“See you later, Jude.”

Jude sat in his car and replayed the conversation in his mind. He planned to visit Matt once he was asleep and fuck his brains out again. Now he felt like an ass for doing it the first time. Matt respected him? How long had it been since anyone respected him? Ever? Never? And why the hell did he even care?

“This mating business may drive me nuts,” Jude hissed as he left Matt’s.

Before he hit the interstate Henri called. Jude told Henri of his plans for tomorrow night. It seemed Ryan was tired and they called it an early night, too. That was the trouble with taking blood from a human and not replacing it. Of course, most times they just killed the human. Henri’s shocked voice drew Jude back into the conversation.

“You did what?” Henri exclaimed.

“I invited him over. What’s the big deal?”

“Jude…”

“What, damn it?” Jude could hear the exasperation in Henri’s voice.

“How are you going to explain no food in the apartment? I’m not talking about being low on groceries, but nothing at all? Not even anything to drink. And what about the bathroom?”

“Bathroom? What about the bathroom? Why are we even talking about the bathroom for Satan’s sake?”

“You have no towels, no wash clothes, no soap, no shampoo, no toilet paper… nothing like that.”

“Toilet paper? You did not just say toilet paper. For fuck’s sake we don’t need stuff like that!”

“Exactly. We don’t, but mortals do. We’re dead, Jude.”

“Really? And here I thought I just happened to lived longer than most,” Jude snarled into the phone. “Do you honestly think I’m not aware of that fact? Hello, I killed you, remember?”

“Listen to me, Jude. We don’t sweat, so we don’t need to bathe. We don’t eat like humans who then have to void what their bodies don’t use. And it’s going to seem very strange for you not to have anything like that. Very strange, Jude. Understand what I’m saying? Are you ready to let Matt know what you are?”

Jude wasn’t sure he wanted to claim the human male as his mate, much less reveal his true nature.

“Jude?”

“I’m here. So now what?”

“Well, if you want him in your lair then I suggest a trip to the store.”

“Do what?”

“Hang on to your ass, Jude, we’re going shopping.”

* * * *

“I hate you, you bastard.”

“Hey, it was your bright idea to have Matt over, not mine,” Henri said, struggling not to laugh.

He and Jude pushed two shopping carts down an aisle at Wal-Mart. Here was the deadliest creature on the face of the planet pushing a cart with a broken wheel – and of course the cart went in the opposite direction Jude wanted – down an aisle throwing foodstuffs into said cart.

To say he wasn’t happy was an understatement. Henri was actually surprised Jude hadn’t chucked the cart across the store yet, slashed several other shoppers to ribbons and created a blood bath from aisles fifteen through twenty. To make matters worse Jude had no idea what things to buy; he hadn’t eaten food in nearly two thousand years.

Back then food like this didn’t exist. The things he grabbed made Henri rolled his eyes. Jalapenos, pork and beans, Spam, dried raisins, mashed potatoes in a box… Henri shook his head and took over. At least what he placed in the cart made sense. Plus he got plenty of snacks so if Matt got hungry he could nibble. And some toilet paper.

Tomorrow night should be very interesting, Henri thought.

After they checked out and carted the stuff home he helped Jude unload it. Daylight was coming so they retired to Jude’s bedroom to sleep.

 

To be continued…

This was posted to another site and was edited by WickedWendyDru and beta by talsimania.
Copyright © 2011 M.A. Church; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Kinky sex while one partner thinks he's sleeping! Yikers usually but that just works with this story. Jude is on a new evolution and I love how Henri is guiding him, even though he's on the same path. I love the dancing scene-great visual-so very hot!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I almost died laughing when Jude reminded Henri that they were both dead, adding that he had personal knowledge of his death having been the one who killed him. Henri, of course, takes it all in stride. lmaosmiley.gif

I'm convinced Henri is thoroughly enjoying Jude's infatuation with Matt. He hasn't had this much entertainment in, well, centuries. thumbsup.gif

 

Lots of yuks and decent dialogue - definitely my kind of story!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/08/2012 02:45 PM, dkstories said:
Gotta love Judas pushing a cart down Wal-Mart. SOOOOO fitting. :)
That was my fav part of the whole story, lol. ;) Judas in wal-mart, having a fit. *grin*
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Very interesting concept told with humor and skill...I am enjoying Jude's discomfort with what is happening...cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..