Jump to content
    Mchoule
  • Author
  • 664 Words
  • 583 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Fairy Tale of Garry Munster and Collin Racks - 2. If Wishes Could Come True

“Is it true?” Six-year-old Janie asked as she buried herself into her daddy Colin’s arm.

“Is what true?”

“That when you wish upon a star, all your wishes come true?”

“As true as I’m in front of you.” Colin brushed her blonde hair.

“How can you be sure?”

Colin nuzzled in her neck and confided in her. “Because I saw it happen.”

“You did?” She was so impressed her eyes popped.

“Can you keep a secret?”

She nodded enthusiastically.

“I’m going to tell you about what happened, okay, but you can’t tell anyone. Do you promise?”

“I swear.”

“So, like all good stories, this one starts once upon a time…

* * * *

Colin sighed at the sky, holding his coat closer to protect himself from the cold night of early September. The stars were weirdly visible for such a big city’s lighting. Behind him, in the kitchen, the vestige of a romantic dinner laid, almost untouched. The glass Sean had broken against the floor spilt velvet red wine on the white flooring.

“I wish I had the courage to leave him,” he wished upon a star.

Closing his eyes, the memory of what had happened tonight replayed in his mind. He shivered, but it wasn’t from the cold. He grinned when he slowly touched his eye. He didn’t want to imagine what it would look like tomorrow.

The patio door was slightly open, so he heard Sean coming back from their bedroom where he’d been hiding out since the fight.

“I’m really sor—” he started before stepping on the wine, the red liquid quickly soaking his white socks. He looked at Colin condescendingly. “Are you such a stupid kid you can’t even clean up after your own mess?”

“Get out.”

“What did you say?”

Feeling suddenly invincible, Colin lifted his head to look right into Sean’s eyes. “I said., Get. Out. Of. My. House.”

“Are you breaking up with me?” He laughed.

“I am. Pack your bags and get out. Now.”

Sean wasn’t laughing anymore. If anything, he looked more enraged that Colin had ever seen him.

Sean got really close to him, spitting in his face. “You can’t break up with me.”

“I can, and I am. We’re over.”

Sean pushed him against the handrail, but for some reason, Colin wasn’t scared of him for once—he felt indestructible.

When the first punch came in his stomach, Colin lost his breath. At the second, only Sean’s grip on his neck stopped Colin from falling on the ground. He tried to block the third one, but it only deviated to his ribs. He tried to kick Sean, but he saw it coming and threw Colin on the wooden floor. He took a fetal position to protect himself from Sean’s kicks. Sean wouldn’t stop, no matter how much Colin begged; he was too lost in his anger. When the sound of police cars was heard, he finally ran away.

Colin was left bleeding on the ground, his breath shallow and difficult. Powerless tears drenched his cheeks as he wished upon a star once again.

“I wish I could meet someone to love me for real.”

Then, Colin felt strong arms embracing him and the sweetest voice calmed him.

“Everything’s gonna be alright. My name’s Garry, and I called the EMT for you.”

Colin fell into unconsciousness with a feeling of security.

* * * *
“…And Corey and Garrett lived happily ever after with the nicest little girl.”

“And what happened to the big bad wolf?” Janie said as she gave a tight hug to her father.

“He was arrested and now lives in big bad wolf jail.

“So he won’t ever bother Corey and Garrett again?”

Colin kissed her forehead. “He won’t ever bother them again.”

“Okay,” she said, yawning.

Colin put the cover on his little girl and kissed her one last time.

“Good night, Daddy.”

“Good night, sweety.”

Colin turned off the light and left the bedroom.

Copyright © 2013 Mchoule; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay...short and crisp. But I'm kinda lost. I think it has something to do with the time leaping. I'm going to read the chapter again so I can get a hang of it. Anyway, I still think this is a potential good story. It has all these...interesting stuff:).

You're going to explain about the little girl, right?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..