Jump to content
    MrM
  • Author
  • 208 Words
  • 2,116 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Second Circlet: The Old Places - Prologue. The Remaining One

He is weak. Weak from his foundations. Flowers few. Stamens sterile. Fruit gone.

 
The Water inside him has been tainted.
At last he was dying.
 
He had been alive since before the coming of Man. He became aware of their many wonders and marveled at them, but for him their whole history seemed but a blink in time.
 
The Circle of Man, in lush places, had made things from the earth as was their amazing power. He has seen even as far as Egypt when it was still green....and He was old then. He remembered through the Waters what had been. What had been across oceans of Water and time.
 
White towers of stone rising to touch God. Built to celebrate kings thought as gods...even though they knew nothing of God. Not then. The Dragon had deranged and blinded them with such terrible ease.
 
The Dragon was even older than Father Brazil Nut Tree.
 
The Dragon was older than life.
 
......and It hated all life.
 
Father Brazil Nut Tree's wood groaned. The Dragon was here and it had come for him: the last of the Old Things in the Old Places. The last of Memory.
Michael DuMonte
  • Like 9
  • Love 5
p style="text-align:center;"> Please leave a comment or you may make a Leprechaun mad at you. 😝
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..