Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Heat - 19. Chapter 17

CW: mild sexuality (non-explicit)

Chapter 17

We both wake up to the sound of my phone alarm. Asher groans and I roll over to reach past him and shut it off. As I do I feel something stiff press into my back. I roll over, straddling him now and grind my own good morning into his. He laughs and pushes me off.

“Hey!” I protest, reaching over to grab for his dick. “What was that for?”

He slaps my hand away, playfully. “Well, for starters I think we both know what happens when I get too excited. I assume you still want to have a bed this evening. Two, your morning breath is atrocious -” I elbow him in the side and he pretends like it hurts “Oof! And that brings us to number three, a situation which this unnecessary and senseless violence -” The elbow again, this time harder; he grunts and curls into a ball in exaggerated agony. I laugh. “Does not serve to improve. I really, really need to pee.”

“Ok, I hear you but…” I kiss him, deeply and with intent. His fingers slide down my bare ribs, settle on my hips, thumbs slipping into the waistband of my boxer briefs. My own hands are tangled, now, in his matted curls. His mouth tastes different in the morning. I am delighted by the change, delighted at my learning it. Another new thing, another little piece of the whole of him for me to add to my understanding. Another step closer to knowing him, having him live inside me.

Finally, when we are both panting and my cock is throbbing painfully we separate. The room is noticeably warmer now and I am already starting to sweat. Breathing heavily, he says “Ok, ok. That was fun. But seriously I need to go to the bathroom.” He climbs out of my bead and heads to the door. I watch him as he walks, cock obviously tenting his loose boxers. “Also! I want it on record that any failure to aim is entirely your fault.” The pillow I throw at him smacks harmlessly into the door as he ducks into the hall.

In the end, he wins the argument about skipping school on the same grounds as our ice cream trip the night before. “I came here because I want to be normal, or as close to it as I can manage. I know you are worried for me and I’m grateful for that but I have to live my life. Not being afraid is the only thing I can really do to fight back.”

How do you argue with that? So we go. I finally find out where Asher goes all day too. He takes remedial classes in the Temp - an out building over by the football field. He was homeschooled some before coming here, mostly math and reading, but it was nowhere near comprehensive enough. So he is in special classes designed to try and catch him up to where he should be as a high school senior as quickly as possible. I’m honestly impressed our school even has something like that.

The day passes relatively normally. It’s almost comforting how boring everything is. I have an opportunity to talk to my friends at lunch but I chicken out, instead choosing to find Asher over by the Temp building. He’s sitting on the bleachers looking out at the field. I sit down next to him, hand him half of my grilled ham and cheese. He smiles a thanks and we sit together quietly while we eat. I can tell, despite what he may have said this morning, that he’s still afraid. There’s no way for me to fix that really, after all I’m pretty scared myself, so I just sit with him for the whole hour in silence. Asher is teaching me that sometimes all it takes to be there for someone is to just be there.

Finally the day ends. As I’m heading out of the building I again pass Mrs Simple’s office. I wasn’t brave enough to talk to my friends but maybe I can do this. After hesitating long enough that I’m the only one left in the hall I knock on her door, softly.

“Come in” Ohhh man if I’m gonna bail now's the time. Oh god. I pull the door open anyway. “Oh! Kenan. I wasn’t expecting you. Did you have an appointment?”

“No Mrs. Simple, nothing like that. I just… I just wanted to stop in to say I’m sorry.” I stand awkwardly in her small office, too anxious to sit down in case she… I don’t know what but I don’t feel comfortable sitting down.

She regards me for a second with soft eyes. Then she smiles and says “Thank you. I appreciate the apology. Is there anything else you wanted to talk about? Glad to see the burn has cleared up.”

“Oh. I um… no not really. That was it.” Why do I feel so much relief right now? What was I afraid of?

“Ok then. Well, if there’s nothing more you’d like to talk about it’s the end of the day, so I think I’ll head on home.” She ushers me out of her office, closing the door behind us. “And Kenan, if you ever want to talk - even if you just need someone to vent at - you know where to find me.” Then she just walks away.

I… guess there’s a lesson in there huh? Damn educators. Always leading by example, making it hard to be an asshole. How’s a man supposed to be a callous piece of shit in this world when there are so many good people just being kind for no reason.

I head out to find Asher and when he sees me he does a double take. “Why are you smiling like that? Should I be worried?” I smile even harder and sweep him up in my arms for a kiss.

“I’m just happy, Ash.” I say when we break apart. I hear a wolf whistle from the quad and look over my shoulder just in time to see Ryan punch Chris in the side. He gives me a meek wave. Asher gives me a look that says just fucking talk to them already (or however he would put that) and I’m a little high off one successful apology so I impulsively wave him over.

I regret it as soon as he starts actually walking in my direction. “Hey, Kenan. What’s up?” he says. Chris stayed back at the quad, obviously waiting for Senna to get out of yearbook club so he can drive her home.

“Hey. Um… not much. Have you met my boyfriend, Ash?” I nod to Asher who looks surprised for some reason. Oh right. That’s the first time I’ve ever called him my boyfriend publicly huh? Probably should have talked to him about going public before announcing it to the world. We did just make out though, so it’s not like it wasn’t obvious.

“Yeah we’ve met. Like, yesterday.” He lifts his arm up to scratch the back of his neck like he’s embarrassed for me.

“Right, yes. Yesterday. I remember. Sorry it’s been a crazy couple days. I was up until like, three AM last night.” I seem to be incapable of acting normal all of a sudden. One minute I was a human person the next I’m a robot with all the parts screwed on wrong.

“Oh yeah, no problem. So… speaking of yesterday.” Oh no. “That was… pretty weird right?”

“Sorry… about that. I know I’ve been weird.” My beat up old running shoes are the coolest, most interesting thing in the world right now.

“It’s ok. I get it. Hey, we’re all planning to go bowling on friday if you want to come. I’m sure everybody would be excited to see you there. Ash, you can come too, if you want.” I look back up at his face. He’s trying really hard, way harder than I deserve after everything.

“Ok. Yeah, we’ll be there. I mean, I’ll be there. I can’t speak for Ash.”

Asher looks at me with the sort of pride my dad would save for when I had just beaten a district record. “I’ll be there. I can’t wait to meet the rest of your friends.”
In the distance I see Senna step out of the school building. Chris grins and scoops her up off the ground, spinning her around. She spots me in midair and once he puts her back down she waves to me with a little smile. I wave back, sans smile.

“Ok, looks like Senna’s done so I had better head back that way. See you friday?”

I don’t think he really meant it to be a question but it very much is one so I say “Friday” and nod. He takes that as the yes it is and turns to walk back to his friends. Our friends.

“You did great.” Asher puts his hand on my back. “Really.”

“Thank you. It didn’t feel great, but hey it’s something. Ready to go home?”

“Yeah. I guess I am.” So I start up the car and head towards Asher’s place.

Copyright © 2019 MythOfHappiness; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..