Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Heat - 24. Interlude 3, Marcus




Interlude 3, Marcus

 

 

“Oh fuck…” Chris curses from the driver’s seat. Senna covers her mouth with her hand. The radio just said category three, on the ground, heading straight for downtown. I pull out my phone, dial my mom. “Momma, have you heard? Sirens are going off in town. I’m with Senna and Chris and we are headed your way.”

She curses and then says a quick prayer under her breath. “Get home. Now. And don’t you dare hang up on me between now and then.”

“I won’t Momma.” I reach out and grab Senna’s shoulder. “Hey, call your parents. Tell them you’re staying with us at my place. Call Chris’ parents too, he needs to focus on the road.”

She nods and then Chris says “What about Kenan, Ash, and Ryan? They could still be downtown.”

“Shit, you’re right. Hold on, Momma, I’m gonna put you on hold for a sec I need to check on the others.”

“Fine, but when you’re done right back with me. I mean it.”

I switch the line over, quickly scroll through my contacts for Ryan’s number. Voicemail. Fuck. I hang up without leaving a message and call Kenan, maybe they are still together. It doesn’t even ring. Shit shit shit. Kenan would never turn his phone off during something like this, his Aunt would kill him. I try both of them two more times then look up at the others. Senna is on the phone with her mom, who is sobbing so loud I can hear her from the backseat. Senna’s waiting it out like she always does when her mom gets like this, so I just reach over her shoulder and hit the mute button. “Guys I think something’s wrong. I can’t get a hold of either of them.”

Senna’s gone pale and even the ever-jolly Chris looks scared. “Shit man, what do we do?”

I shake my head. “I don’t fucking know.”

Chris turns to Senna and the two of them make eye contact for a moment. He says “Are you sure?” She nods and then slowly, so does he. “Ok. Ok babe.” Then without warning he slams on the breaks and jerks the wheel whipping his mom’s minivan like a drag car and gunning it back towards town.

I flip my phone back to the open line with my mom. “Momma. I’m about to say something you aren’t gonna like.”

Copyright © 2019 MythOfHappiness; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This feels like "category 3"  might be a modestly charming understatement.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..