Jump to content
    pDaisy
  • Author
  • 1,076 Words
  • 769 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Victor Frankenstein's Awkward Moments - 4. Victor's Breakthrough

Defeated in finding the perfect specimen to reanimate, as the monster of his dreams, Victor decides he's through with waiting for someone to die.

"Boss, I'm not sure of this to be honest."

"Stop complaining, and hold him still. I just want the arm," Victor responded as he held the cloth over his victims mouth. Soon the struggling man was sedated and Victor pulled out his tool kit to get to work. Besides I told you that you could come along tonight because you've been hounding me for weeks for an outing, so here you are. Now then, start the fire please Igor."

"Oh that is not happening! I draw the line at cannibalism Doc!" Igor recoiled from Dr. Frankenstein holding his saw.

"Igor, how dare you accuse me of such an evil act. What do you think I am, some sort of a monster?"

Chastised Igor hung his head in shame, "Sorry boss."

"I forgive you. Now then, help me stretch out his arm so I can hack it off cleanly. The fire is not to cook the arm Igor, it is to heat the iron and cauterize the wound. We wouldn't want this poor soul to die after all. He has suffered enough for science this night."

As Victor attended to his grisly deed, Igor held the arm still and continued to hold the ether soaked rag over the man's mouth and nose. After so many failed attempts at getting his hands on the perfectly dead specimen, Victor came up with the brilliant plan to not use dead limbs and organs for his creation. Instead he had been harvesting each needed part from the various villages surrounding his castle's lands. Granted he had left a rather bloody trail of stumps and sutures in his wake, but this couldn't be helped. If there was another way, he would use it, but his research was vital. If he could only discover the key to jump starting life, he could live forever. And not only him, all kind could live forever. "Imagine what we will accomplish when we live forever, Igor."

"Hmmm... I don't think I want to live forever Doc."

Victor stopped his sawing and looked at his friend. "Why ever not Igor, you could do many things if you lived forever.. You could find someone special to settle down with and maybe have children of your own."

"No, not me Doc. Look at this grotesque hump on my back, who would ever want me as a husband or father?"

"Now now Igor, I know you as a perfect gentleman, hump or no hump you are a good man, and in the end when we all answer the call to return to our maker, this is what is important."

"And who will your creation answer to Doctor?"

"What do you mean Igor?"

"I mean you are creating this being from the parts of others, but where do you draw its soul from?"

"Igor good heavens I didn't know that you were a philosopher," the doctor looked at his long-time friend thoughtfully. "But it is a moot point. I don't believe in the nonsense of a soul. A soul is who you are, and this is made up of your experiences, and these experiences are combined into the formation of an identity, which we euphemistically refer to as a soul. So you see, no need to worry. Our creation will have a soul just like any other."

The arm they were working on was finally severed and Igor took it and placed it inside the gunny sack on the ground. The doctor then picked up the hot iron from the fire and placed it repeatedly against the now empty socket of the man's shoulder. He roused quickly from the pain, but Igor held the rag, and his pain was replaced by bliss and he once again lost consciousness.

"Good work Igor, now then, take our dear friend here, and place him at the outskirts of his village. Light a fire to attract the attention of the locals and keep any animals away, and watch unseen until the man is rescued."

"Yes Master, right away," and he hobbled off at his steady pace, prepared for a long night.

Victor watched him go thinking if there was indeed anyone out there for Igor, but let the thought drift away when he saw the last of the needed limbs was finally in his grasp. He picked up the treasure in the bag, lit the lantern for the walk home and returned to the castle.

Victor spent many hours that night assembling the last pieces of his life's work. The head was a little wonky as it had been flattened by a horse kick, poor soul, and the end result was a little taller than he would have expected, but all in all, he was pleased as Igor came down into the lab, having just arrived back from his task earlier in the night.

"Igor, my good man, how did it go?"

"Well doc, other than a run in with some hungry wolves, which I managed to fend off, our chap is safe and sound in the village."

"Good, good, well it seems you have arrived just in time. I have assembled our little puzzle into this masterpiece, and he dramatically pulled off the sheet covering the body now laying flat on the large stone slab table in the centre of the room.

Victor, anticipating Igor's reaction, looked closely and saw his friend's curious expression, with the hint of a smile.

Looking back over his creation, Victor was confused "What?" he asked genuinely.

"Well," Igor smirked, "he's a little... small, wouldn't you say Doc?"

"Small? No I wouldn't say that at all Igor, he is well over 7 feet tall at this point. Maybe he looks smaller due to him laying down?"

"No, Victor, I didn't mean small in stature," Igor blushed a little, "I mean he's a little small in the tender vittles area." Igor couldn't help but smirk.

Victor looked back over his creation. "Ah, well, yes I see what you mean." He paused considering the situation, "I supposed we will have to hope that he is a grow-er, as he is obviously not a show-er!"

Igor and Victor burst out laughing.

"Perhaps when the blood is flowing, it will help Victor!" and both were almost rolling on the floor in their mirth.

"Ah my friend, maybe should dress the poor fellow yes?"

Igor nodded, "I will go upstairs Master and see what I can find." And with that Igor and Victor began preparing for the big event.

Copyright © 2017 pDaisy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..