Jump to content
    Refugium
  • Author
  • 561 Words
  • 520 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Welcome to Brain Torture Hotel - 1. Brain Torture Hotel

Monologue by the genial and good-humored manager of the Brain Torture Hotel, where all our most destructive mental habits find a warm welcome

Good morning, Madam! Welcome to Brain Torture Hotel -- torment and cravin, were your haven! Have you been a guest here before? Oh, Miss Shame -- forgive me, I didnt recognize you! Shame on me, ha ha! You always go to such great lengths to alter your appearance. But dont worry -- you have everything to be ashamed of here, Miss! Ha, ha! A little occupational humor. But you are most welcome, of course, Miss Shame. Our motto here is, If torment you are causing, were your lodging! Yes, well, I agree, it needs a little work. Those dont really rhyme, do they?

Ah! Good afternoon, Mr. Self-Loathing! So good to see you again! It hasnt been long since your last stay. You must really like it here -- you just cant seem to stay away, can you? Well, as one of our most frequent guests, you can be certain that we have reserved your usual suite. And of course the restaurant downstairs has all your favorite dishes to keep you strong and virulent. Yes, yes, plenty of old memories to chew over, and a whole buffet of personal comparisons and inadequacies -- yes, yes, professional, amorous, personal, as well as simple everyday practical abilities and accomplishments. Yes, be assured that you will be well-fed during your stay! And how long will you be staying with us, Mr. Self-Loathing -- or is this another indefinite stay?

Oh, Mr. Regret! Welcome, welcome, once again! How are Mrs. Regret and all the little Reg-rets? Ha ha! Probably you noticed my little play on words -- regrets” and rugrats.” Quite correct, I am regretting it already. Yes, "rugrats". Its an American colloquialism I picked up recently. Or is that colonialism?” No, colloquialism, surely -- there are no regrets about colonialism. Well, your entire family is welcome here any time. I know you like to travel in groups. No? No wife and kids this time? Whats that -- brothers? Oh, wonderful. How many brothers will be staying with you? Well, just an estimate then. After all, we must arrange your accommodations accordingly. Strictly speaking, I shouldnt do this, but I think I can book you all in the large meeting hall. It does not have beds, but then, you dont ever get much sleep, do you? We are going to need that hall on New Years Day, but the previous night’s celebrations are designed to give birth to a lot more of you, and the more the merrier, isnt it, Mr. Regret?

Ah! Good afternoon, General Harsh Judgment! Yes, sir, your room is spic and span and ready for you! We are all very aware of your exacting requirements for your accommodations. Oh yes, sir, the individual responsible for that speck of lint on your dresser during your last visit has been dismissed. We cant have that sort of thing on the furnishings of one of our most valued guests! And, General, please let me apologize again for that unfortunate encounter in the lobby with Mr. Compassion. I dont know how that fellow ever got in here. You are absolutely right, sir, this is no place for his sort! We have standards here at the Brain Torture Hotel, and we run a tight ship, if an Army man like yourself will excuse a naval metaphor. Well, here we support you and your troops, sir!

Mr. Low Self-Esteem, how many times have I told you to use the back entrance?
Copyright © 2023 Refugium; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Missed Mr Indercision....well done!!

Oh, that would have been a good one. Perhaps I shall have to expand the piece.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I read this. And then re-read it three more times in a row because this is gold. I don't even know which guest is my favorite none. evict them all. I love it. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..