Jump to content
    RomanRomaan
  • Author
  • 308 Words
  • 588 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Me Senseless - 1. Charlie

div style="text-align:center;">Prompt 429
First Line
“Go take a shower, while I make you something to eat.”

“Go take a shower, while I make you something to eat.” I said to Charlie as he stood there staring me square in the eyes.

I didn’t know what was wrong this time, but in truth, I didn’t care. Charlie was here with me and that was all that mattered.

I know that I should feel like a complete monster for thinking this, but I was glad that Charlie was having problems with his parents. You can argue selfishness on my part. You can argue that if I truly loved him then I’d want what’s best for him, but then I’d have to counter that and say how do you know that what’s best for him isn’t me.

How can you judge me when you don’t share my feelings? How can you judge me when you simply don’t get the electric shock that courses through my veins whenever he gives that warm, genuine smile? How can you judge me when you don’t know what it feels like to forget your past whenever he’s around? How can you judge me when you haven’t experienced the nuclear attraction that supersedes any mundane account of love in this world?

My feelings for Charlie were majestic. Cupid’s arrow must have surely plunged it way into my coal black heart at some point, because from that succinct moment when I saw him at the park, by the pond, feeding the ducks, lonely, I knew that this was the start of a new chapter.

Charlie was an addiction simply put. Charlie was my Ecstasy. Charlie was my Molly. Charlie was my Cocaine. But God knows I’ll fight to death the impending rehab. I wasn’t gonna let Charlie go and if that required the gradual breakdown of the relationship between him and his parents then so be it.

Charlie will be mine.

Thanks to Carlos for encouraging me to write this.
2015 Roman
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Bravo, Roman!
That's how it's done. Quick, dirty, and at the same time clear as a bell. The obsession with Charlie rang loud.
Welcome to the Prompt Responders Club! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/04/2015 06:02 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

Bravo, Roman!

That's how it's done. Quick, dirty, and at the same time clear as a bell. The obsession with Charlie rang loud.

Welcome to the Prompt Responders Club! :D

Thanks Carlos. I'll definitely be continuing this! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I can only guess as to the nature of Charlie's problem with his parents.
The conviction of his lover's pledge as to how much he is loved (albeit with a ring of obsession as Carlos mentioned), makes it clear he is where he should be.
Nicely done for your first prompt. You should definitely not sto at one.

Link to comment
On 07/04/2015 07:18 AM, Reader1810 said:

I can only guess as to the nature of Charlie's problem with his parents.

The conviction of his lover's pledge as to how much he is loved (albeit with a ring of obsession as Carlos mentioned), makes it clear he is where he should be.

Nicely done for your first prompt. You should definitely not sto at one.

Thanks Reader1810! The nature of Charlie's problems with his parents might very well surprise you...at least what I had in mind. :)

Link to comment

Loved the setup (and the line) paraphrased, "I'll fight to the death the rehab." Searing line!
Keep up the good work!

Link to comment
On 07/05/2015 12:46 AM, Robert Rex said:

Loved the setup (and the line) paraphrased, "I'll fight to the death the rehab." Searing line!

Keep up the good work!

:)

I've been reading Landfall and it's making me think of entering a similar story type in the future with the mystery and the police, etc. Thanks for reviewing!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..