Jump to content
    Ron
  • Author
  • 719 Words
  • 876 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Prompt Response - 3. Prompt 276

span style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">Tag - List of Words
Use the following words in a story – a Danish, cup of coffee, broken leg, cell phone, and a teddy bear.

Affection

By RL Hunter

 

Mark sat alone in the sunroom looking out at his back yard and feeling sorry for himself. If he were not at work, he would prefer to be out having fun in the city somewhere with his boyfriend. Instead, on a beautiful sunny day he was sitting on his wicker couch with his leg propped up with several pillows on the coffee table. His friend David had left to pick up some ibuprofen at the drugstore a minute or so earlier after helping him prop up his leg and opening some windows to let in a breeze.

“Knock, knock.” Mark looked to the arch leading into the room to see Sean standing there holding a coffee carrier and a takeout bag from Spandauer, his favorite pastry shop. “You look like you can use some company. I ran into David on his way out and he let me in. I hope that’s okay?”

"Hell yes I can use the company and it’s definitely okay. Thank you for coming over.” Mark raised his head as if he was trying to peak at the contents of the bag. “Is that what I think it is?” Sean smiled and walked over to sit on the couch with Mark and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“One cup of coffee, black with three sugars.” Sean handed Mark his coffee, reached into the bag, and pulled out a pastry. “And one Danish with marzipan filling.”

“Oh, my God. I love you,” Mark blurted out without thinking and he blushed when he realized what he said. He and Sean had not spoken those words to each other yet. He thought that it was still too early, too new in the relationship for that and he was sure that Sean felt the same.

Sean gave him a lop-sided grin and a wink before asking, “So, how did you end up with a broken leg? When David called me he didn't say how it happened.”

“Technically it’s a broken ankle and the cast stops half way up my shin, see.” Mark reached down and pulled his jogging pant leg up for Sean to look. “As to how it happened; well, that’s kind of funny. You see, the elevator at work is old just like the building that I work in. It has a good sized gap between the hall and the elevator floor.” He shrugged and handed Sean his coffee. “Would you put that on the table for me? Thanks. Anyway, I have stepped over that gap I don’t know how many times but today I was on my cell phone responding to a text. I wasn't paying attention and my shoe caught in it. I twisted my ankle and fractured the fibula when I fell.” Sean looked at Marks leg and grimaced.

“I don’t understand how that is funny?”

Mark gave Sean a very sheepish look before answering, “It was your text I was replying to.”

“Oh no, I’m so sorry.” Sean leaned over quickly and gave Mark a hug, almost squishing Mark’s half-eaten Danish into his chest before moving back. Mark started to tell Sean not to worry, that shit happens but Sean spoke first. “Don’t go anywhere,” he said and got up. Mark rolled his eyes and laughed. Sean gave him a big grin. “It’s a good thing that coffee and Danish are not the only things I brought with me.” Sean held up a finger using it to say one minute before turning and walking out of the room.

A short moment later, Sean returned with his hands behind his back and clearly, he was holding something. The look he held for Mark was full of affection and Mark returned it. Sean walked up to him and slowly revealed what he was hiding. At first Mark could only see flowers but then he saw all of it and his chest suddenly felt heavier.

“Awww, you got me a teddy bear.” Mark was a surprised that a silly teddy bear bearing flowers would bring up such a well of affection. Right then, he felt that he just might love Sean after all.

I hope you liked my response to Prompt 276. Please consider leaving a review.
2013 R.L. Hunter; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice Ron, the story totally ruined the sad and desperate mood I had myself worked into so I could write my own story. :P *goes and hears some sad music*

Link to comment
On 11/12/2013 01:34 AM, joann414 said:
Being a sap myself, I love a good sappy story, and this was brilliant. Started my week off right
Glad I could help, Joann. Thanks for the review.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2013 03:08 AM, aditus said:
Nice Ron, the story totally ruined the sad and desperate mood I had myself worked into so I could write my own story. :P *goes and hears some sad music*
I'm sorry? Thank you for reviewing, Aditus.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2013 08:07 PM, colinian said:
A cute story. Teddy bears are good for recovery or just to have and hold when you're lonely and bored.

Colin B)

Yes. Yes they are. Thank you for commenting, Colin.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2013 01:17 PM, comicfan said:
Aww. That was sweet. I love a little romance now and then. :)
:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/07/2014 09:12 PM, Suvitar said:
Such a cute little story :*) I do like happy stories :P
I like them too. Thank you, Suvitar.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..