Jump to content
    Sani
  • Author
  • 1,067 Words
  • 3,148 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fallen - 1. the Decieved

the beginning of the end.

Veritas~

A man wandered among the gleaming gates of Heaven for decades, never once approaching the entrance to what was once called a floating paradise. I had seen wandering spirits like his before, though, so I paid him no mind. I figured he’d just needed to come to his own peace like the rest of them. They all needed at least a little time. When he finally did come to the Gate, though, I never expected what he did.

 

As I said, it had been several decades since his soul had passed to the Astral plain, where Heaven was obviously located. He was a revolutionary, of that I could tell; the time he started to wander directly coincided with a revolution in France. I was prepared to judge him, as I do with all who approach the Gate, but he was apparently prepared for my mental assault. I couldn’t detect a hint of ill-will towards the Lord, much less towards the kingdom. He seduced me with his apparent innocence, gaining his entrance in the same way a prostitute gains their income, through himself.

 

It was fine for a while, like things usually are. He and I had gotten together every now and then, when the flow of new incomers was low, and when he wasn’t busy building the necessary tension between the Lord and his subjects (as I later found out he was doing), and it was almost to me like I had found someone in the paradise that I could call mine. I knew full well that the Lord didn’t approve of Male relationships, especially when one was one of his Gate-keeping Angels, but the rush I’d get whenever we were sneaking around together to care that much. It was as though I was addicted to this newfound drug, and all I cared about was when I was going to get my next fill of it.

 

Of course, though, given the man’s revolutionary nature, it was only a matter of time before he started to do what he was born to do and died doing: revolting. While no one was looking, he’d secretly gathered a fighting force among the departed human souls that were resident to Heaven. The Lord caught on, though, since he sees all in his kingdom, and summoned his angels to quench the fires that were burning in the people by bringing in the orchestrator of the whole thing. With my luck and powers, I was placed on the main force of the pre-emptive strike, my truth seeking abilities vital to the mission.

 

We went from building to building, checking several members of the revolutions minds, though not harming them physically, for the location of the leader. By the time we had pieced together enough information to find the leader, though, he had been informed of our pursuit and began the retaliation much earlier then he had planned.

 

It was horrible. The souls of the humans where so unorganized at this point, they were falling over each other as they progressed down the streets towards the castle. Somehow, they had gotten a hold of all sorts of weaponry, taking us for a surprise when they stated slashing and shooting at our wings to cause a few of us to fall from they sky. A few pellets had pierced my own wings, now spotted with red, each accompanied by a sharp yelp on my part. They would heal, though. So long as they were not cut off, an angel’s wings will always heal.

 

Despite that fact, though, there were simply too many men and women causing too much chaos for my team to successfully fend them all off. Several of my allies fell that day, and I would not have been far behind had not the captain of the Angel force flown high out of range of the rebel’s guns with his blade at the neck of the rebellion’s leader. The rebel force quickly gave up after that, panicking at the sight of their leader hanging onto life by a thread. They threw their weapons down and quickly fled, hoping that the Lord’s wrath would not fall on them as it was sure to fall on the man they used to call leader.

 

With weary wings we who remained flew back to the palace, carrying the few who didn’t make it so they could be properly put to final rest. It wasn’t until we were in the Lord’s chamber that I realized who the captain of the rebellion was. My face, normally a perfect mask of indifference, blanched in the slightest bit and betrayal flooded my eyes and heart. The man who I had thought was something akin to a lover now lay facedown of the floor before the Lord, struggling to get his hands free of the binds that held him. He caught sight of me, and with a longing in his voice that I could only respond to by giving him what he wanted, he begged my forgiveness and aid: two things I could not give.

 

The Lord, in seeing this, determined that I was also guilty of the crimes that were to be imposed on the man, and had me caught and bound, much to the surprise of those around and myself. It was with a heavy heart that I submitted to them and accepted the punishment imposed on me, though. Having believed that the man was good for so long, it came at too much of a shock to find out that he was indeed not that, and my body felt numb, as though my heart had been ripped from it’s cage. I found it hard to breath and my head kept spinning as the Lord delivered his punishment, though I will remember them for the rest of my immortal life.

 

The one I thought was my lover was banished to the equivalent of hell, which existed on the other side of the Lord’s castle. I, on the other hand, was sentenced to remain forever Earth bound, never to return to my home in Heaven. My wings were stained black on the inside; black like the color of my heart as I fell quickly from my place of glory to the mist covered Earth, while I swore I would never be deceived by a human again.

 

~TBC

How'd I do? Epic failure? comment!
Copyright © 2010 Sani; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wonderful language and great prose in this but lord, I hate the font that you've chosen. Now, don't get me wrong...it is beautiful font but it is really difficult to read on my e-reader. Ay Carajo. Anyways, thank you for the wonderful story. I hope there's more.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..