Jump to content
    shortmix
  • Author
  • 1,836 Words
  • 1,403 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Moving Over - 3. Chapter 3

Boy loves boy

There was a knock on the door. Zane's heart began to beat a mile a minute and he raced to the door. In his head he could just picture Jack standing there in his doorway, all shy and adorable. He'd probably be wearing some over-sized shirt like he always did and maybe a pair of skinny jeans so Zane could take a good look at his cute little butt. Zane giggled to himself and opened the door wide to "Hiii Zaaane!"

 

What the bloody Hell was Meg doing draping herself over his door frame? Zane didn't understand. Could she have found his note? Did she find out about Jack? Does she know about him?

 

"Well" Meg said trying to be seductive "are you going to let me in?"

 

With that she nearly pushed him aside and entered his house. Zane was just about to ask her how she could have possibly found out where he lived when he looked back at the doorway and there stood Jack.

 

"She followed me here" he said, not looking up, and walked past Zane as well.

 

Zane sighed and shut the door. He turned to see Meg sitting perky on the edge of the sofa and Jack trying his best to sink into the cushions. Zane looked down at his phone. There was no way that meg was going to leave them alone. For goodness sakes she knew where he lived now! He was going to have to pull up all of the stops this time, or he and Jack would never have a moments rest.

 

"So" began Meg "I interceptioned Jack-off here going over to your house"

 

Zane heard Jack mutter "intercepted" under his breath but Meg only afforded him a glare before continuing.

 

"Anyway, I want to know what you two are doing all by yourselves, huh?" Meg looked back and forth between the two boys. "What, are you two gay for each other or something?"

 

Jack grew visibly more tense and Zane felt his heart plummet. He was going to have to do it now or never. Zane whipped out his phone and began looking through it.

 

"Didn't you hear me?" she asked "Wait…what are you doing?"

 

"Oh" said Zane, "you know, I was just talking to my friend from school. She lives around this area and she just told me something weird."

 

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Meg shift.

 

"She said" Zane continued "that Ben Hennessey was at a party last night with some new girl, and from the way she described her she sounds a lot like you."

 

Jack perked up. Bless him, the boy knew when the s*** was getting ready to hit the fan. Meg shifted again uncomfortably. A hint of fear slowly crept onto her face.

 

"Funny thing is though, she was saying that this girl got drunk and was going totally wild before she-" Zane paused and Meg squirmed, plainly afraid of what was next. "-had sex with Ben."

 

Meg jumped up and said "Hell yeah I did!"

 

"Oh, and three girls after that."

 

Meg's face drained and she stuttered for a response. Jack was beaming from ear to ear. It was all he could do to not bust out laughing. Meg looked at the two frantically.

 

"I'm not a lesbo okay!" she yelled. Jack and Zane smiled at each other, then back at her. She was panicking.

 

"I'm not like you two, okay, I'm not gay!"

 

Zane turned his phone to her and replied calmly, "I have pictures."

 

"Give me that!" Meg screamed and she lunged for his phone. Zane dodged her easily and threw the phone at Jack who took one look and made a gagging sound before giggling.

 

"You little f***ers! I'll get you for-" Meg began; but Zane cut her off.

 

"You won't do anything or not only will I have the picture all over the internet, but I'll be sending some to you parents and posting it around school. So, go ahead and try, b***."

 

Meg looked panicked and started to whine, "I'm not a lesbian! I just-it was like, a spur of the moment thing-no, stop laughing at me! F*** you little pieces of-" Zane cut her off again.

 

"You leave us both alone, I leave you alone. Deal?"

 

Meg was angry, but he could tell she cared more about her reputation than getting back at them. Deep down Zane wondered if Meg really was telling the truth or if she was in denial, but he quickly brushed those thoughts away. He simply didn't care. He just wanted Meg leaving them alone, and he was pretty certain that this was going to work.

 

"Fine." Meg huffed and started to leave. "But if this gets out, I'm killing both of you!"

 

"If this gets out I'm sure I'll find something else" Zane said coldly.

 

Meg paused for a second in panic before flying out of the house in a hurry. Zane closed the front door and smiled at Jack who looked at the door as if to make sure she was really gone before turning back and saying "I found her diary once. There's plenty more than that."

 

Jack giggled and Zane made a mental note that this boy was not only smart, but also freaking adorable when he laughed. Zane walked over and sat next to Jack on the couch. The boy stopped giggling but his happy demeanor hardly faded.

 

"Sorry if I upset you yesterday" said Zane, "I didn't mean to."

 

Jack looked down and shrugged.

 

"It's okay," he said "I sort of freaked out."

 

Jacked pulled out the magazine he'd been hiding and opened it up.

 

"I guess-I guess I was just really scared that you'd-" Jack looked up and his beautiful blue eyes gazed deeply into Zane's. "-that you'd think I was weird and not be my friend."

 

Zane smiled at him and scooted close until their bodies were touching. He could feel Jack tense up.

 

"I don't think it's weird. I think it's great." Zane said softly. Jack looked up at Zane again with his big, puppy dog eyes and suddenly the next moments seemed to come to a crawl. All Zane could do was loose himself completely. They were so close, he could feel Jack's breath against him, he could almost hear his heart beat pulsing from that skinny little body, he could feel the tension, palpable between them. Then he kissed him. His lips touched Jack's soft and smooth and burning electricity coursed its way through both of them. It was over soon enough but still, they lingered hovering inches from each other, not wanted to break away. Then time began to tick again and Jack slowly pulled himself away. Zane opened his eyes to see Jack blushing beet red and looking down at the magazine, his curly blonde hair covering his eyes.

 

"Why did you do that?" whispered Jack, barely audible even though they were still so close to each other. Zane was a bit taken back.

 

"Well, because I like you," he replied, "I like you a lot."

 

Jack didn't answer. Zane's heart plummeted. Jack wasn't answering; he didn't like Zane like that; he had just made a huge mistake! Silently panicking, Zane quickly began trying to recollect himself.

 

"I-I'm sorry I thought that you-I didn't mean to just kiss you like that, it was a spur of the moment and-I'm so sorry" Zane said quickly. He pulled himself away from Jack, his eyes beginning to tear up as his heart began to break.

 

Zane was about to get up off of the couch when Jack's hand gently grasped his arm. He pulled in close and nuzzled his body against Zane's, his thin body fitting like a puzzle piece perfectly made for him. Zane could only sit confused, he didn't know what to think right now. Jack tenderly wrapped himself in the other boy's arms and sniffled. Zane wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but seeing and feeling Jack, the boy he had been swooning after, the only thing he could think of everyday from the time he awoke to the time he drifted off to sleep, feeling that boy in his arms seemed to make everything better.

 

For a while all they did while lay together on the couch, letting everything sink in. Jack popped open the Vogue magazine and they talked about it for a while before they decided to move things upstairs. Zane's room was only slightly neater than Jack's. Instead of art supplies, strewn about his floor was notebooks, all of them filled to bursting with writings. Much like Jack's mother, Zane was a writer. He dabbled in everything from poetry, to short fiction, to trying to write his own book. Along each wall there where shelves full of books from every genre and every category. Jack was amazed at just how many books Zane kept, how thick some of them were, and just how much time he spent reading. Zane explained that, for him, reading and writing came hand-in-hand. He learned how to structure his own sentences and discovered his own voice by being inspired by the greats of the literary world. To him, you couldn't write like the best if you couldn't read the best.

 

Once Jack had thoroughly explored Zane's room they settled down in front of his television and video games, played, and talked. It was great most of the time, but Zane noticed that every time the issue of sexuality came up, Jack would get quiet again or change the subject entirely. Even when the conversation didn't involve that issue there were moments here and there where Zane would catch Jack looking at him and there he would catch a glimpse of this look of tiredness or maybe even sadness before Jack would quickly look away. Throughout the day, even though it was turning out to be the most intimate and amazing days of his life, Jack still seemed like he was holding something back. Zane couldn't quite put his thumb on it, but he didn't want to ruin the day by asking, so he merely sat back and enjoyed his time with Jack.

 

After a while they lay together on top of Zane's bed, fingers laced, and staring at the ceiling. Zane looked over at Jack. The boy's face was serene with contentment. Jack turned to gaze back at him. As Zane lost himself again in those big blue eyes, a part of him wondered if perhaps Jack simply wasn't ready to talk about himself, or if there was something more he was keeping from him. For right now, though, it didn't matter. Zane was happy, Jack seemed happy, everything was turning out perfectly.

Sorry this one was a little short. Now, it may seem like it, but this isn't the last chapter yet. Their story isn't quite finished yet...:X
Copyright © 2015 shortmix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

In real life I think the most likely reason for Jack's strange behavior would be, that he just is not gay, but doesn't want to lose Zane as he is the only one who seems to like him. So in order to not lose his friend, he plays along. But that won't work out. :P
Anways, as this is not real life but fiction, there might be something else.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Nice chapter. I enjoyed them getting the upper hand on Meg! Jack seems like a little sweetheart. You added a bit of intrigue along with the sweetness. I want to know more about Jack and why he behaves like he does. I look forward to the next chapter. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..