Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Skin Deep - 2. Chapter 2

argument continued, and a chat with mama

Nate piped up once they got home. “I don’t need an advocate, I need a boyfriend, my love. Quit going off on everyone!”

“But it’s wrong!” Curtis insisted.

“It doesn’t hurt me. You going off on people does. I can’t—unless you get this under control…”

“You’d dump me? Nate…”

“I love you more than anything Curtis, but…”

“No…” Curtis hugged him from the side. He was desperate to salvage their relationship.

“We need a break” Nate whispered.

“I don’t want to”

“Maybe that’s my call then” he shot back, his blue eyes wide.

Curtis was speechless. “Fine. Not just anyone will be with you. I love you for you, I don’t care if you’re big.

“Oh but everyone else will? If all you want is to be my hero and fight…I don’t want that. I just need you and your love. If you can’t do that, then we’re done.”

“Nate please…” he begged.

“Curtis, I can’t do this, not this way. I’m sorry. Go, please.”

*  *  *  *

Nate’s talks to his mom, Wilma on the phone:

“Mom, we broke up.”

“Did he hurt you?”

“No mama, I hurt him I think. It wasn’t gonna work out.”

“But you love him.” She countered.

He shook his head. “It’s not enough.”

A long moment passed. “So he’s hot-tempered. You are too lenient, son. You let people tease you and you say nothing.”

He rolled his eyes. “Mama…”

“No. I’ve loved you with all my soul, son. You’re the best thing in my life. But your heart is too soft on yourself.”

“But I do love myself! The teasing never has bugged me…like it never did with dad.”

“But it bugs Curtis because he loves you.”

Nate admitted defeat. “Yes.”

“You don’t want a champion?” she asked. Did he?

“Not that way, not go after every look or comment like a guard dog. People are cruel. I’ve learned to ignore it.”

“But he can’t?”

“No.”

Another long pause. “Son, do you want him?”

“Yes, But…”

“No buts. You have love for him, the first I’ve seen you love in a long time.”

“Mama…” he knew it’d get nowhere.

“I need to go. My sister here. Rest my son, pray.”

“I will mama. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

It isn’t Wilma’s sister, Curtis over there. They talk it over and Curtis wants Nate back badly. Wilma talks to Nate again and has him over for dinner.

Later, Curtis comes with flowers in hand and proof he’s in anger management therapy.

Nate takes him back

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This is very brief, I know...more of a story 'idea' at this point, not my usual. I'm not sure if I have enough to do a short story or a novella at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..