Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Skin Deep - 1. Chapter 1

Nate (Nathan) Chelmsford, 27, an aspiring writer and IT guy 6’2” 345 lbs. Sandy blond hair, long over the ears, but short in back. Full beard. Shining light green eyes. Pale skin, southern.

Curtis Stalhorn, 25, an athlete 5’10:, 190 lbs. Auburn hair, clean cut, no facial hair, dark brown eyes.

These two met at university and became roommates. They were about half way through their lease when the two beds became one. They’ve been together for three years; but it hasn’t been easy.

Nate is a big guy and is not ashamed of it; in fact he’s out and proud with both his homosexuality and his obesity at the same time. He calls himself the ‘Big Queen’ and though Curtis found it funny at first; he quickly hated everyone that even looked at his man sideways. Anyone.

Nate’s father, Frank, a hale man himself of nearly 400 lbs, takes the jokes and jibes are well as he’d taught his own son to.

Curtis had a very loving father that was over 400 lbs. but because his dad died of a massive heart attack, when he was 13 years old. His dad was his hero and the most awesome guy he ever knew. He was heartbroken! He decided to get into the best possible shape. He worries incessantly over Nate falling to the same fate as his father did. He’d die for his boyfriend, but wants Nate to take the reins on the teasing and get his health in order.

 

 

 

Ch 1

Curtis POV

After a particularly rough trip at the grocery store, where there was a large group of teens that couldn’t stop snickering and pointing fingers; Curtis blew his top. As soon as they got to the car he unloaded his anger at his man.

“Would you stop picking on yourself, and egging them on! You’re not helping yourself!”

Nate chuckled, but stopped when Curtis shook his arms. The serious look in his man’s eyes must’ve stopped him cold. “I’ve always laughed at myself, baby. I’m a big guy, they see it plain as day. I’m fine with it and I thought you were too. Why you letting them yank your chain?

Craig hugged. “Because…it’s just not right. You should be defending yourself against them, not joining in or even allowing it!”

“Baby, you’re not making any sense. Look at you, you’re in great shape. What the fuck does it matter if your man is a big guy? You didn’t seem to have an issue with it before. I didn’t hear you bitchin’ when we’re in bed.”

He blushed. “What? Hell no I don’t have a problem with you being big, Nate. Never have. I have a problem with people picking on you and you don’t fight them back.”

Nate groaned. “What the hell good does it do to fight everything? You’re always the hotheaded one, going off in two seconds flat at everything. Maybe you hadn’t thought that cooler heads do exist! I’m able to control my temper, which I know you can’t.”

Silence fell between them and Nate started up the car. They rode home in silence.

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Very nice start.  I wonder if Nate knows Curtis's past relationship with his father and the history there.  If not a long conversation is due.  Thanks and looking forward to more!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What glennish said. Unfortunately, Curtis doesn't understand that he can be slim, trim and lovely and still have a shitty ticker.  Congestive heart failure runs in my family. My dad lost 100 pounds, quit smoking and all that. He still dropped dead of a massive heart attack.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment

I agree. Same with diabetes. I'm considered obese. Can't go to a check up without them checking for high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease. But it's the skinny people in my family that suffer from all those. Not me. At all. Nate should be aware, though. And maybe Curtis can ask if they both can get physicals. But definitely keep a cool head and discuss his fears and concerns.  

More, please? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..