Jump to content
    Superpride
  • Author
  • 1,155 Words
  • 1,789 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hero Wanted - 19. Chapter Nineteen

“Doctor Shepherd! We have an emergency!”

“What’s wrong?” Shepherd asked his assistant in a calm and serious tone.

“It’s about Maria! Her vital signs are spiking dramatically and—Her eyes are opening!”

“I see,” Shepherd said as he looked at the view of a camera on a console that showed where Maria’s body was stored and only seeing a bright light. “This is about to get interesting.”

***

Everything was so bright, and the only thing Ryan could see was the absolute intensity of the light in his vision. He also felt no pain, ache or anything. The only sense he had right then was his vision of the light enveloping him, like he was floating in water. A very faint figure was then seen by him, and he moved to the figure who was also moving towards him. The figure became more solid, more opaque; the shape of a human. It was a man as they closed the distance between them, his eyes finally recognized the person…Chris.

Looking just as surprised as Ryan, Chris reached for Ryan, and when the tips of their fingers touched, a pleasure flooded through Ryan that could not be described other than it was pure, unfiltered ecstasy. And as they came closer to one another, the sensation intensified until they were face to face, looking into each other’s eyes, wondering what the hell or heaven was going on. Chris then smiled and leaned his perfect face forward, kissing Ryan who kissed back.

The kiss, though gentle, made him feel so complete, so alive and just then the light around them disappeared and he opened his eyes to see that he was back at the lowest level of the academy where he was on his hands and knees, on top of Chris. He opened his eyes as well, and Ryan saw that Chris’s arms have completely regenerated, and the rest of his injuries have healed as well. They also had curved designs on their skin that glowed a soft, blue hue.

Ryan was about to ask Chris what just happened when the shriek of the Colossus pierced through the air and they both knew that the fight was not over yet. Looking at Chris who nodded at him, Ryan stood up and lifted Chris who quickly rematerialized his combat uniform. Analyzing the situation, he knew that the enemy Champions needed to be dealt with first if the Colossus was going to be defeated. He was about to communicate this to Chris, but somehow the message was already sent through without him moving his lips. And when he felt that Chris understood the plan before even looking at him for confirmation, Ryan knew what they were experiencing was something entirely different.

Materializing his weapon, Chris moved towards the enemy Champions while Ryan came towards the Colossus with his Chimaera System equipped. The Colossus made the first move by swinging its fist at Ryan who responded by grabbing its with his gauntlet, stopping the attack. It then swung its other fist, which he blocked as well by grabbing it with his other gauntlet. Struggling under Ryan’s grip, the Colossus could not even move an inch as his leg extensions were firmly placed on the ground. Unlike before, the Colossus seemed to be struggling from his strength and when Ryan pulled his gauntlets down with a strong force, the arms of the Colossus were torn off and fell to the ground.

Screeching in response, Ryan jumped forward and landed onto the Colossus’s shoulders and began punching relentlessly, causing its head to crack like glass. And right after the Colossus fell to its knees, he looked to see Chris shattering the barrier that protected the enemy Champions from harm who were all taken down by five energy beams that destroyed the nodes on their necks. All five of them collapsed onto the ground, defeated and Ryan communicated to Chris that the job was almost done.

The Colossus roared, and Ryan jumped off its body and in front of Chris who turned around with his wings extended out completely. With its legs still intact, the Colossus began sprinting towards them, but they looked into each other’s eyes, and knew exactly what to do next. So, with the feather-shaped structures of Chris’s wings flared out and Ryan’s palms exposed, they charged and fired their weapons in unison, causing a huge blast of energy to form and obliterate the Colossus into nonexistence. Then…it was finally over.

The only thing remaining of the Colossus was the trail that the blast of energy created right before it struck the Colossus, literally disintegrating it. Everywhere else looked just as damaged with craters on the floor and fallen debris from the ceiling and walls. And what they did not notice was the exposed tank of Maria who looked unharmed from the long battle before she was encased once again. Somehow, Ryan knew that she helped with what just happened and he thanked her greatly for that.

“Ryan?”

Turning around, Ryan saw Chris who was looking at him with amazement in his eyes. He also saw that the blue designs on their bodies have disappeared, both returning to normal it seemed. Despite the dirt on his face, Ryan knew that the man he cared about so much was standing in front of him, completely okay and most of all was with Ryan,

“What just happened?” Chris asked as he neared Ryan.

“I don’t know. But thank God, you’re okay!” Ryan said, hugging Chris firmly and causing them both to stumble onto the floor.

Ryan apologized, but Chris laughed instead and said, “I’m so happy you’re okay too.”

Before Ryan could say anything else, Chris kissed him, and Ryan kissed back with force as he continued to hold Chris. He did not want Chris to leave him ever again, and he was confident that Chris felt the same way.

A crashing sound was suddenly heard, and they turned their heads to see two figures walking towards them. They quickly got back onto their feet and were about to equip their weapons before they noticed it was Josephine and Kipp walking towards them.

“What the hell just happened here?” Josephine asked as she looked at the mess the enemy Champions and the Colossus created.

Chris smirked. “Long. Fucking. Story.”

Ryan chuckled and pulled Chris by the face, kissing him again with Josephine smiling at them while Kipp looked around, trying not to feel awkward about two men kissing after a long battle that ended with a happy note.

***

“Doctor Shepherd! Maria’s vitals are back to normal!” the same assistant confirmed. “And her body is completely intact and safe!”

“Good,” Doctor Shepherd said as he looked at the flickering camera view once again. Looking at his son and Ryan Johnson completely safe and…exchanging each other’s gratitude for one another made him smirk. “It seems that everything has gone to plan after all.”

Copyright © 2017 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I wonder if that was just a one time power boost or if their abilities have been increased. Very entertaining chapter, can't wait for more. Cheers 😁

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, mally said:

I wonder if that was just a one time power boost or if their abilities have been increased. Very entertaining chapter, can't wait for more. Cheers 😁

 

Whatever it was, I'm sure Doctor Shepherd has an idea of what just transpired and that Maria definitely had some involvement in it as well.  Thanks for the comment!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Glad everyone survived. That last comment by dr Shepherd was ominous though.  Thanks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, glennish said:

Glad everyone survived. That last comment by dr Shepherd was ominous though.  Thanks. 

 

Yes, to know that Doctor Shepherd seemingly had a plan all along is very strange indeed.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..