Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There and Back Again. - 4. Chapter 4: When the world went away

I am not good at poetry, prose or anything that falls into that category. I wrote this without anything in mind (well to make it resemble something of a jargled poem of sorts) my feeble attempts to possibly rhyme can be seen. But, this was pushed out on text last night and I felt it was worth for 'There and back again' to post here. Albeit the "newbish"ness of it. And you know, after thinking about it, exploring other creative avenues is alright, too.

When the world went away

 

It was dreary the day

when the world went away

through brimstone and twilight

combat against all angels did sway

we fought forever until the day

when the world went away

 

A stoic defense we mustered

against the fiery luster of brands

Blood ran like water

and nothing ever seemed the same

that day,

When the world went away

 

At first, yes, first

victory was in our grasp

but the bellow of a trumpet

on high,

sent cold through the sky

Thunder roared and

the clouds shattered

into thousands of shards

They thirst for our defeat

that day,

when the world Went away

 

There was no chorus

no luminescent gates of yore

Merely death

nothing more

a fitting punishment for us, yes, us

How we had sinned

so it was only fitting

when,

they took our world away

Copyright © 2011 thatboyChase; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..