Jump to content
    theoneagus
  • Author
  • 450 Words
  • 1,279 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Learning Phillip - Prologue. Prologue

The sun was bright outside. It was one of those hot days, when you can’t go outside because if you do, you’ll get overwhelmed by the heat. It was December, and in this part of the Southern Hemisphere that means almost tropical days all week long. Today was no exception.

The school year had just ended, that meant we had three months to lay down and do nothing, at least academically, that is.

I was on the basketball team that year, so my activities related to school hadn’t ended yet. We were about to have our final game against the Seminary Institute, both of us aspiring to end in third place ranking.

I finished my breakfast, which consisted of a giant bowl full of fruits, and got ready for the final game. After that I called Nick, the guy from the team who lived a couple of blocks away from my house that had agreed to take me to the game, and told him that I was ready to go.

We arrived at the court a half an hour before the start of the game, right at the time when we had been cited. Everybody was in there, from our new back ups, to Blas, John and Sam that were the others on the roster.

As we were sitting on the bench waiting for the game to start, I glanced over back to my team. I was familiar with the guys, but I wasn’t best friends with them.

My closest friends didn’t like playing basketball, they all preferred soccer, swimming, surfing or studying. I didn’t blame them, I think that everybody can choose what they prefer as long as they let other people choose the same way. I hope they think like me, because when it comes to other tastes I can be what many people think is weird, the one who doesn’t like girls.

Going back to our team, there were a couple new guys that were back-up players, but I wasn't sure what their names were--Phil and Nate or something. Neither one of them was much to look at, tall, lanky, and plain as they hunched on the other end of the bench. Now that guy over there on Seminary, with the blond hair--he was something to look at. I tamped down my roving eyes as the coach called us up to go on the court. Time to focus, Frank.

After a while the match started. It was a very dynamic match, we were very even and both teams could have perfectly won. Unfortunately for us, Seminary did.

Despite that, I’m happy. Holidays have just started, three whole months before class starts again, here we go!

Copyright © 2014 theoneagus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..