Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 6,155 Words
  • 1,070 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Foxies - 2. Part 2

p style="text-align:center;"> spacer.png

::

The Silver Fox

::

Everything that had happened to Silkes was a blur of a nightmare. He had managed to escape at a great risk and found himself in strange surroundings and, worse, without a voice. He had lost his voice somewhere in between screaming out the incantation and stepping through the portal.

When he first opened his silver eyes, he ended up gazing into lilac ones. Such a strange color for eyes, and even stranger purple tips on blond hair. As he struggled to sit up, he realized it was a bit easier to move than usual. With a panic, he reached behind to find that his ankle-length silver hair was now only up to his waist. He reached around to take hold of the cut hair and held it up to his wide eyes. He then glared accusingly at the lilac-eyed man. 'What in the cosmos happened to my hair?' He thought angrily, seeing as how he couldn't speak.

Kender had come in to check on his newest patient, stepping inside just in time to see silver eyes open. "Well, looks like you're already doing better to be sitting up and moving." The blond fox said as he tried to get the silver fox to lay back down. "But, you need to rest. We had to cut your hair because you were tangled in it. We needed to check you over fast for serious injuries."

Silkes reluctantly settled back down at the fox's insistence. As he glared at him, he noted the lilac eyes and the purple tips on the end of his blond ponytail that was barely past his shoulders. He frowned as he read the nameplate...Doctor Atwood, huh? He had come across that profession before during jumps. How could someone that looked young and petite garner the respect needed to become a Healer? His silver eyes kept raking over the lilac-eyed fox's form. Still, he was rather cute. Silkes glanced around the room in growing confusion. Just how far into the future had he travelled?

Kender was writing down notes as he noticed Silkes gaping at his surroundings. "I'll be right back," He told him as he left the room, returning shortly with a notepad and a pen. "You can use this to tell us anything until you can speak, alright?" He instructed as the silver fox took the pad. He realized just what a rare beauty the other fox was. But, he pushed that thought to the back of his mind. "Would you care to tell me your name or what happened?"

Silkes snorted at the suggestion. He couldn't very well explain that he was a conjurer that had traveled through time. But, he was able to write his name down with no qualms. 'I am referred to as Silkes...and I could only explain my story in a private setting.'

The medical professional rose a brow at the man's snort, but paid no attention to it. He read the reply on the notepad. "Silkes, huh? I see. My name is Kender Atwood and I am the local doctor." He explained before excusing the nurse that was standing by and closing the door before handing the pad back to him. "Don't you worry. Any information you don't want shared I'll tear up right where you can see."

As trustworthy as this "Kender" seemed to be, Silkes simply couldn't risk it. Instead, he wrote down. 'I have no place to stay.' And 'I feel rather cold.'

Kender had a feeling that Silkes wanted to say something else, but he wasn't going to push it. "We'll worry about finding you a place to stay after you heal up. For now, you can stay 'll be well taken care of." He replied with a reassuring smile. "For now, how about you rest and I'll have some food brought in for you?"

Silkes nodded reluctantly, shivering a bit. Why was it so cold there? So far, he was able to make comparisons to things that he recognized from this time period, but he felt miserably alone. At least he was alive, so, he should have felt grateful. But, his thoughts kept drifting back to all of his brother and sister mages that were taken captive.

The doctor grabbed a blanket from the closet, the warmest one they had. "I hope this will do for now. We have some warmer clothes being readied for you. We're expecting a snowstorm to come through here. So, the temperature might drop even further." He explained with a bit of a strained and worried smile. He hoped his son would be alright on his own tonight.

After Silkes wrapped himself as thoroughly as he could in the blanket, he mouthed a 'thank you' to the doctor. He felt like a fox in a cocoon. When the Healer told him about the storm, his eyes widened. He was going to be stuck there all night?

"Do you not like storms? That's the same face my son usually makes." The shorter man commented. "You'll be fine, I promise." He assured.

Silkes glanced mournfully at the nearest window, as if weighing the chances of survival outside in his head. With a sigh, he took up the pad and pencil again. 'Son? Are you married?'

"Ah, well. I was. My son was born early and she was already weak with illness, so, she died giving birth to him." His smile was more sad than bitter as he pulled out his wallet to show him the pictures. One was of him and his wife, and one was of Renael and Septimus. He pointed out which one was his son. "Do you have any family? Maybe we can contact them to come see you when you're better."

Silkes's curiosity was sated as he looked at the pictures. For the first time since he left his time period, a small smile formed on his face. But, when Kender asked him about his family, he hunted down the pad again. 'I have no one that's blood-related. Never had a family.'

The purple tipped fox liked seeing the smile, no matter how small, on his newest patient's face. But he frowned when he saw the response on the pad. "Oh, I'm sorry…I didn't know." Before he could say anything else, there was a knock at the door. "Ah, that must be your new clothes and food." He said, taking the food and clothes from the nurse and taking them to Silkes. "Let me help you get dressed. You don't need to move too much."

Silkes raised an eyebrow when Kender insisted on dressing him, but he didn't object. He merely did as he was told and tried not to move too fast or too much. He mouthed another 'thank you' as he basked in the warmth of the new clothes.

"I need to check on some other patient but I'll be back to check on you soon, alright?" The blond fox concluded, having successfully fought down a blush, before getting up and leaving to do his rounds.

Silkes watched him go with a hint of sadness in his silver eyes. He was starting to respect the doctor. The man was considerate, did his job well, and even seemed like a good father. He doubted many Healers had the patience to find a way to properly communicate. So, with his thoughts running a mile a minute, Silkes ate his fill of the food that was provided for him.

::

A Budding Storm

::

The following morning gave Sept quite a dangerous wake-up call. Ren had somehow climbed half on top of him, and the blond's thighs rubbed against his rapidly hardening crotch with every soft intake of breath. Sept covered his face with his free hand in exasperation.

"A-hem," He cleared his voice as he gently rubbed the back of Ren's neck until silvery pink eyes fluttered open. "Hey, I'm...going to go and make us some french toast and eggs." He whimpered as he slowly began to slide out from underneath him.

Ren always took a while to wake up. He looked at Sept sleepily as he spoke, stretching since he didn't realize where his body was exactly. "Okay..." He smiled sleepily, allowing the black-tailed fox out from under him. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as he tried to wake up. Once he was more awake, it hit him. He was there...Septimus was actually there with him! It wasn't a dream! This made him happier already. A few minutes later, he stretched again, before crawling out of the bed. He grabbed his robe since it gave him added warmth before he walked out towards the kitchen. "I didn't know you could cook."

Sept chuckled as he flipped the eggs. "I would hardly call french toast and fried eggs 'cooking'." He replied. The taller fox set a plate and a jar of syrup in front of Renael. When the toast and eggs were done, he brought them over and took a seat next to the blond.

"Even so...you never mentioned as much in your letters..." he laughed a bit nervously as he sat down. He took a bite and smiled happily, swallowing before speaking. "I-It's really good!"

"How long did you say it would be until the snowstorm hits? Did you want to visit your father before it does?"

"It will either hit tonight or tomorrow morning...We can try and visit, but we probably won't get to stay long. He never likes it when I go over near the market since that's where colds and viruses hover around the most, in large crowds."

Sept shook his head. "Then, we'll just have to wait for him to visit us. I won't dare risk either of us getting sick." From what the blond had told him before, it seemed that his father was always very busy and rarely got to see him. So, Sept would have to do his best to make Ren twice as happy in the meantime.

"It's a little too cold for me to pose nude for your sketches," Sept began with a teasing smirk. "But, maybe we could watch a few movies together in warmth while roasting marshmallows?" He suggested.

Renael blushed and laughed at Sept's comment on being a nude model. "That sounds good! And I can always get some of my sketchbooks and let you see what I have drawn. I-if you want to, I mean!"

Sept was glad that his distraction plan worked for now. Renael seemed happy at the aspect of movies, marshmallows, and sketchbooks. "How many bathrooms do you have?" He asked as his mind once again drifted to the gutter. "I certainly wouldn't mind sharing a shower with you..."

"Oh! Um, we have three. One in my dad's bedroom, one connected to my bedroom, and a guest bathroom." Renael answered, his face becoming red at Septimus's suggestion. "S-share a shower?" He repeated but nervously nodded with a smile. "O-okay. I'd like that! Do you want to after breakfast?"

Sept could have passed out with a nosebleed where he stood. The fact that Renael agreed was a welcome surprise. "Y-yeah," He responded. "The plan was a quick shower and then regrouping at the living room for movies...but, if we could just shower together, neither would have to wait for the other." And, Sept thought to himself, he would surely die happy.

Ren smiled, a blush still on his cheeks, and nodded. "Okay then. But...no making fun of how tiny I am!" He warned, puffing his cheeks out a bit. They used to bathe together like siblings in the past, but a decade was a decade. He had a very petite and feminine-like figure compared to other males.

"No, I don't think that's even possible," Sept admitted as he kissed Ren's cheek. "I'd never make fun of you, you're beautiful. You shouldn't feel so self-conscious. Not around me."

"I-I can't help it. When I do get to go out, I often get mistaken for a girl," Ren hissed. To distract himself, he speared some of the eggs from his plate and held it to the black-tailed fox's mouth.

Before Sept could fire off a smart comment about how far more gorgeous than a girl Ren really was, he was fed. "You feed me like a lover would," He pointed out. The attention nearly had him purring in contentment.

Renael laughed and smiled proudly. "I like feeding you..." He mused as he continued.

"Then, allow me to do the same," Septimus countered.

When they were finally finished with feeding one another breakfast, the two young men headed towards the bathroom.

"We'll just use the one connected to my room."

Sept followed Ren to and immediately felt that this was one of his better ideas. The cold from the outside somehow leaked through the bathtub.

Having the warmth of another body would certainly keep them from freezing. "Maybe we should let the water run a warmer temperature first."

"Y-yeah, one of the bad things about this place is that, when it's winter, the water takes longer to warm up," Renael explained as he worked with the temperature settings. Once he felt it was a good enough temperature, he nodded at Sept to let him know that it was ready. He then started to take his clothes off, shivering at the cold air nipping at his bare skin.

Sept's gaze became affixed to Renael as he shed his clothing. Even when the black-tailed fox began to take off his own clothes, his eyes never wandered. Despite the blond's inhibitions, he looked much healthier than when he was a child.

Renael blushed fiercely when he caught sight of Sept's toned form. The taller fox may be fairer of skin, but he actually looked his age. He was grown and strong. When he was caught staring, Ren quickly looked away in embarrassment before stepping into the shower.

Sept waited until the blond stepped into the spray before climbing into the other side, closing the shower curtain. He took both of Ren's hands in his and lifted them to press them against his own face. "I don't see a girl anywhere, Ren. Just you."

Renael smiled upon hearing those words. He wrapped his arms around Sept's neck and kissed his cheek. "I love you, Sept."

Sept wrapped his own arms around the blond's waist. "As I love you." He replied softly. The black-tailed fox reached behind Ren to gently wash the blond's back. His hands reached beneath the long locks to slide along every inch of the skin.

Renael sighed happily. "That...that feels good," He said in contentment. "Are you sure you weren't a masseuse in a past life?"

Sept playfully, but gently pinched one of Ren's butt cheeks. "It wouldn't serve much use if I was, seeing as how I only enjoy touching you." He stated before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"Well, it was worth a shot, I suppose," Renael replied with a soft laugh.

"Turn around, let me wash your hair." That being said, he began to wash the beautiful curly hair with the utmost care, almost as if he were worshiping it. He began by massaging the blond's scalp and worked his way down the length of the hair. "I've always adored your hair..." After all, the locks have featured in his fantasies...sprawled out beneath his form as Ren laid naked on his bed. Or even trailing along his own skin with Ren sprawled on top of him.

Renael closed his eyes, a rather soothed expression forming on his face as Sept began to massage his scalp. "Really? How come?"

Sept had a half-smile on his face as he rinsed the massive length that was Ren's hair. Despite the warm water, he had to work fast. "Whenever I pushed you on the swings, it would flutter like a golden banner. When I was little, I was also fascinated by the texture, how your curls could be so soft, and how much different it was than my own."

Renael blushed as the other fox spoke about his hair in such a way and found himself smiling. "I always really liked your hair though. It's really soft and shiny..." He reached over to quickly kiss the taller fox's cheek and finished rinsing his hair on his own.

Sept turned around after handing Renael the sponge so that the blond could help him with his own back as he washed his front. "That's why I refused to cut it too much. I only got it trimmed on occasion."

"Y-you kept it this long because I liked it?" The blond asked in surprise as he started to wash Sept's back gently. He noticed again just how much more toned the dark-haired fox was compared to him. But, he liked how different they were. He wasn't sure why, but he did. It made him think of Yin and Yang. You can't have one without the other.

When they were both thoroughly clean, Sept turned around and pulled Renael flush against him before leaning down for a slightly deeper kiss. He reached behind them to shut the water off and reluctantly moved to wrap the blond fox in a towel. "If we don't dry off fast, it'll be the death of us." He warned as he quickly dried himself off as well. "Do you happen to have a spare pair of pajamas I could use?"

Renael let out a pitiful sneeze as if it was his reply to Sept's comment. He hoped it was just a sneeze and nothing more. "I do, but we may have to get a pair of my dad's pajama bottoms since mine might be too small... but, the shirts should fit since I sleep in oversized shirts." He retrieved such a pair and met up with Sept in his bedroom. He grabbed himself a pair of his own pajamas then gave the other fox what he had for him. "After the storm blows over, we'll try and go shopping for you until you can get your stuff sent to you, okay?"

Sept glanced at Ren warily when he heard the sneeze. He truly hoped that he hadn't jinxed them when he warned him about catching a cold. "Thank you," He said when he changed into the PJs.

Renael got into his pajamas as well, thankful for their warmth. He brushed out his hair and downright beamed when Septimus began to help him with it. The two were able to braid it much faster and easier than if the blond had to do it himself.

When they were done with Renael's long hair, Sept grinned. "Now, how about those movies and marshmallows?"

Ren perked up at the mention movies and marshmallows. "Okay! Want me to make some more hot chocolate, too?" He asked, anticipating that the temperature was dropping outside as the storm drew closer.

"Yes, more hot chocolate will be perfect with the marshmallows," Sept replied as he chose a movie and got it started. "No falling asleep is allowed this time." He warned. "Sleeping will be penalized with molestation."

Renael nearly tripped in surprise hearing him say that, a little blush hitting his face. "P-penalized with molestation?" He asked with a pitiful face. Once he regained his composure, he went to the kitchen to make hot chocolate and retrieve the marshmallows. He then came back with everything on the tray and put it down. "What movie did you pick?" He asked, hunting down a blanket for them both to share.

"The Dark Gem," Sept answered as they settled themselves and he wrapped the blanket around them. "Remember when we used to watch it as kids?"

"Ah! I remember that." Renael smiled, tugging his braid out of the way and snuggling up against him. He then sipped some of the hot chocolate while the movie began. "Didn't we try and reenact parts of the movie in your backyard one time..?" He asked with a laugh, vaguely recalling the fond memories.

"Yes, and then I'd pretend to be an evil Skekzies and you'd be a Mistyc I would try to corrupt," Sept snickered at the thought. "Even back then, I wanted to consume you." He teased as he extended his arms out like claws before sliding them around Ren's waist in a warm embrace.

Renael laughed at that but began to cough a bit in the middle of his laughter. He noticed Sept's confused face. "Don't worry, my throat's just tickling." He replied, taking another sip of the hot chocolate. "Surprisingly, hot chocolate helps." Tickling throat or not, he felt so content to finally spend personal time with the dark-haired fox. It was almost hard to believe, even then, that it wasn't a dream. Almost too good to be true.

Sept hadn't liked the sound of that cough. He huddled even closer, making sure to lend Renael all the warmth that he had, and pressed a kiss to the side of his neck. "I won't forgive myself if I somehow caused you to get sick."

Renael blushed, nuzzling his head against Sept's with a smile. "Silly. There's no way you could have gotten me get sick so soon. You haven't even been here a full twenty-four hours yet."

Sept pouted as he rested his chin on Ren's shoulder. "You're not even denying the fact that you're getting sick." And then, he heard it before it happened. There was the sound of the electricity going out, and then everything blacked out, the only light coming from the fire. "Damn. Guess the storm struck."

The blond fox jumped and clung onto Sept when the power went out. He could hear the wind howling outside now that the TV wasn't covering it up. His heart pounded in his chest and his bottom lip quivered. He had never liked storms. And he had grown to be even more scared of them after the move because, over half the time that one struck, he was home alone.

Sept frowned when he felt Renael's panic. "Calm down, Ren," He said softly as he held him.

"I-I can't help it..." Ren sniffled some as he tried to calm down, burying his face against Sept.

One of Sept's hands began to rub the blond's back in warm circles. When that did little to nothing, he decided to try to distract him another way. He reached down to gently tug on the fox's tail and when he gasped in surprise, he dove down to kiss him deeply. His tongue slid along the shorter fox's own as he claimed every inch of his mouth.

The blond fox gasped when Sept pulled him into a kiss that made his face heat up and his toes curl. When they finally pulled away, he smiled a little sheepishly and continued to cling tightly to him. "Th-thanks...your mere presence here helps a lot. I'm still not a big fan of storms." He admitted, a bit embarrassed that something like this still scared him.

"Let's move over by the fire," Septimus suggested as he carried the smaller fox with him. He began to roast some of the marshmallows as he began to sing a deep, gentle song.

The warmth of the fire was welcomed. The blond rested his head on the other fox's shoulder as he did his best to focus only on the sound of his singing voice. When he was finally calm enough to think, he realized that he hadn't communicated with his father at all since Sept had arrived. "Oh!" He started suddenly, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "I should text dad to at least let him know that you're here with me and I'm not alone..." He looked over to Sept and handed him the phone. "Do you want to add something for him, too?"

Sept smirked, taking the phone, and adding 'Your son is not losing it, I really am here. Ren will be safe with me, Pops.' After hitting the send button, he shuffled and gently tackled Renael to the ground with a warm hug. "Mine."

Renael couldn't help but laugh. He wrapped his arms around the black-tailed fox and nuzzled his head against him. "I love you, Sept." He said though he felt a lump form in his chest as the wind howled outside. It sounded awful. He gulped but tried to keep his attention on the other fox. "S-sorry that you still have to put up with a baby."

"You're no baby, Ren," He replied softly. "Anyone who pretends that storms aren't dangerous forces of nature is just kidding themselves." He kissed the blond's cheeks, nose, and lips. "But, I'm here with you now. You don't have to face it alone. I don't want us to be apart ever again. So, keep loving me. Love me with all your might, just as I've always loved you."

Renael felt himself tear up with Septimus's warm words, but he summoned up a smile for him. "W-we still need to figure out where you're going to stay now." He pointed out, trying to think of things that were more pleasant than storms. "Maybe we could share my room? I mean, if you want..!"

"After kidnapping you, I was planning on having us live in an apartment together. But, now that I'm staying, I'll have to share your room until I can save enough for it." He explained. "Since your father isn't here often, you could always just come to visit him when he does..." He wanted the other fox all to himself, but the important thing was that they were at least both on the same continent now. Sept was willing to share him with his dad, but only so long as the two ended up living on their own someday.

"I-I wouldn't mind moving into an apartment if that's easier. Some are not too far from us, actually." The blond replied. The idea of being in an apartment with the other fox sounded wonderful. He then shivered and curled towards Sept. "The temperature must be dropping inside, too..."

Sept hissed slightly when Ren curled up against him, feeling a bit embarrassed by his body's colorful reactions. "A-hem," He cleared his throat. "How about we huddle under the quilts of the bed? Keep each other warm." He suggested before scooping up the pink-eyed man and doing just that.

Ren let out a soft gasp when Sept scooped him up. The blond's face turned red as he held on tight to the black-tailed fox. "Can you see alright?"

"Of course I can," Sept replied, nuzzling the top of his head as he carefully walked them to the bedroom and tucked them in, despite the dark. "Keep warm, love."

::

Gratitude and Hazelnut Soup

::

Kender came back about an hour later. There were so many patients and they didn't have enough helping hands to attend to them. That made him think about how much his son, Renael, had always wanted to come with him to help. But, he couldn't risk his son's rocky health just for a little extra help.

He knocked on the door before entering Silkes's room. The silver-haired fox was an interesting distraction amidst his work. "Well, looks like you ate a good bit of your dinner," He commented, happy to see that most of the food was gone.

The silver fox had eaten his fill and went back to cocooning himself in the blankets by the time that Dr. Kender came to check in on him. 'I was starving.' He wrote as he slid the pad towards Kender. 'Not used to your kind of food, otherwise, it would have all been consumed.'

"Our kind of food?" The doctor repeated, a bit confused, but shrugged it off. "Is there anything we can make for you specifically? Getting a full stomach will help you feel better."

After some hesitation, Silkes wrote out. 'Some hazelnut or vegetable soup with onions perhaps?'

Kender smiling and nodded. "That's no problem. Would you like some now?"

He simply nodded in reply. Silkes couldn't help but stare at Kender's face whenever he smiled. He looked ridiculously adorable. The silver fox was going to be in big trouble if he allowed himself to become too attached to the man.

"Let me get that for you," Kender said before stepping out into the hall to let a nurse know about Silkes's request. He came back to find the fox handing him the notepad with another question. 'What kind of terrain are we in?'

"We're in a smaller mountain city. And, since we're further north, it's colder here than the cities that are a couple hours away by car."

Silkes frowned when he heard the terrain information. According to the description, he was apparently where the kingdom had once existed. 'What happened to the old castle?' He quickly wrote.

"The old castle? There was a castle here in the past, but it was torn down during a war a long time ago, I believe." Kender responded. "I'm surprised that you know about it, though. Not even the locals here know much about the castle." The only reason he even knew about it was that Renael had found it in a book at the library about their town's past. It had been full of history, myths, and legends.

Silkes sighed and buried his face in his hands for a moment when he realized what must have happened just from what Kender told him. He needed to get back somehow...warn the right people... 'How long will the storm last?'

"The worst will probably happen tonight. But if it's anything like the last big storm we had, we may be stuck here a few days." He and his son had made sure that the house was stocked up as well as his office just in case. Kender noticed the worry etched on his face. "Is something wrong?" He knew that look. That was the look of wanting to make sure that someone was safe. He saw that look in the mirror for years after his wife passed away, every time he thought of their son.

Silkes scowled at the "possibly stuck for days" part. 'I would have preferred not being confined in a healing facility for that long.'

"You would have been here for a few days, regardless. Unless you're an incredibly fast healer." Kender frowned. "You had some serious injuries. Try and rest the best that you can while you're here at least, okay?"

'And if I say no and simply steal a Healer like you for myself when the storm clears?' Silkes wrote down cheekily. 'There's only so much rest I can get in this cold.'

Kender blinked at the next note before shaking his head with a smile. "I don't think it would be too appreciated when there are others also here in need of help." He pointed out with a laugh. "You're just like my son. You must get cold easily. Would you like me to get some more blankets as well as turn your heater up, at least?"

Silkes began to jot down another smart remark about using Kender as a heating pad instead, but he scratched it out and simply wrote. 'Thank you.'

Kender managed to catch part of what he scratched out, a blush tinting his cheeks, but he quickly tried to regain his composure. "Ah, well, let me go get those for you then." He replied, walking over to fetch some blankets for the silver fox, coming back as soon as he found one. "It's one of the warmest we have left."

Silkes felt his heart give a strange little stutter when he saw the blush form on Kender's cheeks. The lilac-eyed doctor seemed to keep getting under his skin, which wasn't a very good idea. Not since he needed to go back. In any case, he tried to get some rest.

Before Kender could get to the heater and turn it up, the power went out and the wind howled. Soon, the backup generator kicked in, restoring the power. "Looks like the storm's here."

Silkes felt as if it would be a very long night. Between the pain of his injuries and the cold, he knew it would be a tough one. 'Don't you ever go on vacation?' He wrote.

The medical professional managed to get the heater going to try and warm Silkes up. The other fox seemed miserable and he wished he could help more. He saw the next note and frowned a bit, rubbing the back of his head. "Sadly, not often. It's just my son and I. I'm the only one working right now, so we're both dependent on my income." The blond fox sighed.

All things considered, Silkes had secretly hoped that the lilac-eyed fox would aid him on his quest to return to his proper time period. But, if he had to do everything by himself, so be it.

Kender could tell by the look in Silkes eyes he was hiding some things. "Are you sure there's nothing else you would like to tell me? You are a patient, so whatever you tell me is confidential. I'm required by law to keep anything you tell me between us unless you say otherwise."

Silkes's silver eyes studied Kender for a moment longer before releasing a long, tired sigh and pulling out the pad and pencil once more. 'I'm not from around here. I'm from a place that is very far away...' At least, in the distance of time, it was far away. 'And I need to get back there as soon as possible.'

The blond doctor read the message and immediately felt for the other. "Well, after you get better... how about I help you out?" He offered when he had Silkes attention. "You're my patient, after all. I feel it's my responsibility to help you." He then heard his phone go off, checking it, and smiling. "Besides, it looks like my son has someone with him right now. My schedule has opened up a bit."

Silkes didn't know what came over him. But, when the Healer offered to help him and then said that his schedule cleared up, the silver fox stood up and tugged him into a grateful hug. One of his hands held the back of Kender's head while the other wrapped around his waist. 'Thank you, you kind, petite, gorgeous thing.' He thought as he simply relished their shared warmth, despite the discomfort it caused his sprained muscles.

"Ah, you shouldn't be gettin-" Kender began as he was tugged into a hug. He felt his cheeks warming up. But, the awkwardness and confusion were quickly pushed aside. He hugged the other fox back and softly patted the uninjured part of his back. He then gently motioned for Silkes to get back into bed. "Before we can do anything, you need to rest, alright? That's the deal."

Silkes willingly let himself get tucked back into bed. This time, full of a little more hope for the mission he would undertake. Once the blankets covered him, he reached out to take one of Kender's hands and kissed the back of it. He had much admiration for the hands that were nursing him back to health. And he had even more admiration towards the fox that they belonged to.

Kender blushed when Silkes kissed his hand. The way their bodies fit together when they hugged...it seemed like a perfect fit. He hadn't felt like that in a long time. After his wife Paige passed away, all he had thought about was protecting and loving the last precious gift she had left him, Ren. He hadn't even dated since then. Maybe it was time to find someone else to spend his life with. After all, Renael was already in college. Ah, but now was not the time to think about that. If he thought about Silkes at all, it needed to be with the intent to help him get better. "Do you need anything else?" He asked.

And there was that tender blush that Silkes was falling so hard for. Goodness, but the blond fox was such a lovely creature. A smirk formed on his face when he was asked if he needed anything else. He jotted down a quick note. 'Other than you? No.' His silver eyes were full of mirth and a little glint of desire.

Kender's blush darkened at the response he got. "A-ah, well…" He stuttered, having lost some of his composure. "As far as I know, I'm probably yours for the rest of the night unless another patient needs me."

Silkes let out a little huff of jealousy but settled down to try to get some sleep. He understood that Kender had quite the responsibility to all of the other patients. But, for him to childishly want him by his side already spelled disaster.

p style="text-align:center;"> spacer.png
Copyright © 2017 Thirdly, Toma; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..