Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,069 Words
  • 2,552 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wild Daisy - 13. Chapter 13: Penitent

It really is a sub(sandwich)conscious thing. If I try to write nothing comes. If I just shoot off without thinking, it comes.

A Wild Daisy

Chapter Thirteen: Penitent

stories/7180/images/daisy.blue.seven.jpg

How to answer Ross?

“Blue and I did have a disagreement.” This just keeps getting worst. How can I lie to Ross? How can I tell him the truth? How does he know about this anyway? “Blue was upset when he left yesterday, but he was in control of himself. What do you mean he is in a bad way, was their an accident? Is he hurt?” Willie ran scenarios thru his mind. “Ross tell me, please.”

“I found him last night pissing drunk on the steps to the back porch. No, he was crying drunk. He had thrown up somewhere, you could smell it. How he drove in that condition and still make it home in one piece… is a miracle. I reached out to help him and he wailed and pushed me away. I called his name and asked what on earth was wrong. He recognized me then. He looked at me with pleading eyes and told me while he clutched my hands.” Ross gave Willie a hard stare, could Willie cause this kind of pain?

*****************************************************************

Blue relived the moment over and over all day. The drink didn‘t dull it, it only heighten it. The kiss. The clapping. The slap. Acting the fool, bowing to calm the situation down. Willie so mad. Yelling. Crushing. Squeezing loss. Crying. No hope.

“Ross, he doesn’t love me. Willie. I did something stupid. I hurt him. He slapped me. I tried to make it better. It was going to be okay. I could see that. Willie was so mad though. He dumped me on the spot. I was so crushed I couldn’t speak, all I could do was cry. He told me to drive him home and I did. Neither of us said a word and Willie never looked at me. It was crazy. I’ve been rejected before. Always before it just made it more of a challenge. But this time I was lost in a world of hurt. My heart is ripped to pieces. My soul is in anguish, I feel cut off from my entire life. At his house he told me it was over and to go home. And I knew I could never see him again. Did Willie ever love me? I have loved him since we were kids. I thought this was our time to get together and now… he doesn’t love me.”

Blue was fucked up.

*****************************************************************

Ross had watched his brother get into all kinds of messes. But they were always kind of good natured fun. This was utter despair. This was damage. What really happened?

“Blue was close to passing out so I put him on the chaise lounge and covered him up with a blanket. He stormed out of the house this morning after having words with Dad. Blue has never acted this way before, ever. Willie, you could have anyone you wanted. But you have never shown an interest in anyone. That’s why I was shocked when you kissed me. I love Pinkie, but if I didn’t, if things were different, I would have kissed you back Willie. I didn’t mean to hurt you. Willie did you seduce Blue and dump him just to hurt someone back?” Even Willie, kind and sensitive as he is, could be cruel; if he were hurting. But what could hurt Blue this much?

“Blue has only been back a couple of days. We were hanging out. Joking around with each other. I couldn’t seduce Blue in a million years, he would just laugh at me if I tried.” Willie stalled. Think of something idiot.

“You seduced a ballroom full of people and all you did was pout and refuse to speak or dance with anyone. Did you mean to hurt Blue?” How would I feel it Pinkie dumped me? Would it hit me like this?

“No Ross, I didn’t mean to hurt Blue; but, I did and I am sorry. I’ve been thinking of nothing else since yesterday. I will find him and make this right.” That is part truth. Not the whole truth. In the moment, Willie had meant to hurt Blue. But not a complete lie. With remorse he knew he was wrong. He didn’t want Blue hurt. Maybe with help from Grandmother, this will be okay.

“Okay. But I will hold you to your word, Willie.” Ross got up to leave. “Oh, Willie, you put on quite the show. My brother will be a lucky man, if you two can settle your spat. I need to find Pinkie now and put on my own show.” Pinkie and Willie, both more than a handful. But Ross knew he would never walk away from Pinkie.

He couldn’t leave it alone the bastard. Willie sighed.

******************************************************************

Willie talked to his Grandmother. Rather his Grandmother talked to Willie for two hours straight after his confession. There was no simple answer, but there were numerous possibilities. Obviously, it was more than a simple compulsion; Blue’s behavior ruled that out. It was a stronger coercion. And it was a mutated or changed one at that. The emotions of the two had played a part in the mix. It was possible Willie had tied his command to Blue’s inner world, his secret self. Another possibility was a slave/master bond. This scared the shit out of Willie. His Grandmother wasn’t too happy, herself. If Willie’s command had enough force it could have broken Blue leaving him at the mercy of Willie’s will for the rest of his life. The last one was just as bad; a claiming. Not total possession, sort of a dominant mating. Willie had picked Blue and that was that, period.

“Blue must come to Sunday supper tonight.” Grandmother insisted. They had to know what had happened and the sooner the better. Willie was given instructions to find Blue and arrange his appearance, without the Voice of course.

“Willie, I’m going to ask you a question. When I do just say the first thing that comes to you. Okay. Do you know where Blue is at this moment?” Would it be as she expected?

“The Quarry.” Why would Blue go back there, Willie wondered?

“Yes, it is a bond, but I will have to touch you and Blue together to know what kind of bond. Go and get Blue now.” Grandmother sensed an urgency.

I like getting something done. Even a short baloney something.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009 and early 2010.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/16/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..