Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,131 Words
  • 790 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grump II - 6. Chapter 6: Dinner for Two

First chance, first dance.

Grump II

Chapter Six: Dinner for Two

“Okay, Sam we can do this the hard way. The three of us can stare at you until one of us sees the answer. Or we can do it the easy way and you can just tell us what is going on. Because I am already getting serious vibes.” Sam is always at the center of it all. What is it this time. Why am I seeing Peter? Sally went on full alert.

“It definitely involves Jack. I can smell him you know. Sam is covered in Jack smell.” Tom actually sniffed at Sam’s hair. It was a good smell. It tasted of something he had encountered before.

“It isn’t only sex. It goes much deeper than that. It’s sadness and joy, and confusion and disbelief, and hope and wonder. It’s all mixed up together. Sam doesn’t know the answer. He is still looking at the question.” Jeff announced.

“Sam, what is it?” Sally asked again.

“I invited Jack to join our study group. He should be here any minute.” There. They know now. And before Jack rings the doorbell.

“Sam we don’t study in study group. Well not much. We talk business. You know the crazy business. Our CRAZY business.” Tom sounded concerned, which was unusual.

“Well I guess we could tell Jack that we like to play a fantasy game. Role playing, you know.” Jeff added, tickled at the look on Tom’s face.

“God, he will think we are a bunch of weirdos. He undoubtedly will find a new name for the depth of geekdom he will believe we are displaying.” Tom reached out and put his arm around Jeff. Already the need to protect was overwhelming.

“Sam knows all this. Sam why did you invite Jack.” Sally asked, afraid of and eager for the answer.

“Jack feels like Peter.”

*******************************************************************

Compared to the bar, the dinning room was bright and glittering. It was all sparkles. Not overwhelming. Just other worldly. There were a lot of tables. All full except for one. Their hostess seated them and signaled their waiter. The table was so crisp. And instead of the usual candle, in the center of the table was a red rose. A note lay at the base of the vase. With our compliments. Please take the rose with you and remember your meal with us.

Sam was no longer uneasy. About anything. He looked at Jack across from him and regretted only the distance between them. So he used his eyes to touch this time. He started with the hands. Strong. Expressive. Male. Reaching for the water glass. It was the beginning of a ritual. The sharing of water and bread. In your company, I am safe. In your company, the wind blows easy. In your company, I am happy. The raised glass tilted upon parted lips.

Grump has done it to me again. Just minutes ago I was in total control. Sam belonged to me. That sounds strange. But I could have done anything then. And now. Now he sits there just looking at me. Can he see me trying to control my breathing? Can he feel my heart beating? Does he know I’m struggling to stand firm? Is he calling me with his eyes? The stories they tell. They don’t tell half of it. Grump is damn scary. But I’m not scared of being scared. I am afraid I’m going to be consumed in yearning. What if he leaves me this way. Always wanting. It’s frightening. Where the fuck is all this coming from. I should stand up and walk out. Now. Before everything is changed forever.

Jack is thinking about us. Sam could see it in the way his eyebrows moved. It was some conflict. Jack is undecided. Sam would not push the issue. He felt caught unawares too. Felt like he was being swept away. “Have you decided what you are going to order?”

“You know Sam, this place is really expensive. I should stick it to you and order the most expensive entre. But maybe we should split the cost.” Let him know, I’m not his to care for. Damn why am I thinking like this.

“I invited you as my date, order what you would like. I want you to enjoy yourself. And of course I am paying, no argument.” Let me do this. I want to do this.

“We could arm wrestle for the check.” I’m a man, Sam, I take care of my own.

“I would win.” I want to wrestle all night and so do you.

“You seem confident about that.” I’m having a great time aren’t I?

“I have unseen talents.” And so do you Jack. They are there but hidden even from you.

“Okay then you order for me.”

“What does everyone seem to be enjoying tonight?” Sam asked the waiter, who spoke in length about their romantic dinner for two. And then winked at Sam.

It was settled. The romantic dinner for two was quite the production. Not to mention delicious. And the talk turned easy and enjoyable. “Isn’t this good. Wow, you have got to taste this. Etc.” At last came dessert and coffee. Dessert was one slice of chocolate cake and two forks. The cake looked like it was made of layers and layers of thin cake and icing with a few raspberries. “So, what next Sam?” Jack asked as he cut away a piece of cake with his fork and for the second time tonight offered to feed Sam.

“What makes you think there is more? Isn’t this enough for you Princess?” Of course there was more.

“Well, first of all my Fairy Prince Charming, you came across with the dressing up and the parents and the flowers and the candy. You brought me to an expensive restaurant and insisted on paying for all of it. So, I would conclude you have it bad for me. I would be willing to bet the night isn’t over. I bet you made after dinner plans.” And if I am wrong, I can think of something to do.

“I did Jack. You may not like them though.” I wasn’t trying to rub your nose in it Jack. I wanted you to see that we are just like you. Guys having a good time.

“Tell me.” He thinks he’s going to shock me.

"At the other end of this shopping center is a teen dance club, ‘Jump‘. I was going to take you there. To dance. There’s more. The last Friday of each month is unofficially Gay Teen night.” Half the guys will be straight anyways. No big deal right.

“Let’s get the check and go dance.” Why does the idea of dancing with Sam seem like great fun?

Last dance, last chance for love (not my words).

<br />Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/20/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br />
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..