Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 7,151 Words
  • 1,323 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Through the Hooded Bridge - 2. Part II: Old Memories in a New World

Part II: Old Memories in a New World

Adam began to wake as he felt the familiar softness of a comforter over his body along with noticeable flesh contact of his erection. Yet, this was not his bed, nor his room at the dorms or his own home. This was a much bigger bedroom and bed, filled with ornate wooden shelves of books, an old-fashioned fireplace, and no visible signs of modern technology except the electrical outlets for lighting. An old grandfather clock in the corner of the room was creeping ever so slowly to the 9 for the short pointer and 12 for the longer pointer, which Adam remembered was 9 AM on old mechanical watches. It’s been a while since Adam has seen a mechanical timepiece.

Many questions were racing through Adam’s mind. Did someone find him in the woods? Why did he fall asleep so quickly? Did they find his friends in their Marijuana fueled haze? How can he explain the half-heard conversation, was it just a dream? And, why was he naked?

As questions raced through his mind with no answer, the door creaked and opened to reveal a young brown haired man around Adam’s age, holding a tray of medical instruments. There was another man, slightly older, with a formal appearance. They looked like old fashioned doctors and apprentices from some of Adam’s pre-med course books describing early 20th century medicine, which seems to fit the motif of the surroundings. More questions began to rise in his mind. he remembered the popular concepts of time travel and began to dread the insanity of a butterfly effect.

Yet, when the young assistant pulled out the first instrument, a seemingly innocuous stethoscope, he noticed the older man picking up a tablet computer. While he might not have a full accounting of all the medical technologies from turn of the 20th century, he was sure tablets and computers were not in the old medicine bag of tricks. He was not going to create a hurricane by sneezing after all and he felt embarrassment to ever imagine that. Still, it left many questions unanswered as to who these people were and where he was.

 

“How are you feeling Adam?” the older man asked

 

Adam tried to get up to answer, but soon remembered he was naked beneath the covers, “Who are you?”

 

The older man smiled with a remarkable display of bedside manner, “I am a physician in this community. I think you can think of me as a doctor. We mean you no harm.”

 

“Can I have my clothes?”

 

The young man smirked, “You look great the way you are? Want us to take off our formal wear and…”

 

“Caleb, enough, he’s not used to our ways.”

 

“But, he’s one of us, surely he would appreciate it if we present ourselves openly to him and…”

 

“No, I know you want to expand your partnership matrix, but we must allow him to acclimate himself.”

 

Adam was now sure the conversation from last night was real, “Who are you people? What are you? Where am I?”

 

Caleb slipped his nimble finger underneath the bed covers with the stethoscope device and using his other hand to rub Adam’s nipples subtly causing Adam’s hardening cock to reach full mast, “Does that explain who we are?”

 

“Heartbeat, blood pressure, and circulatory system are functioning within normal parameters for his age. Caleb get off of him now”, the doctor shook his head at his assistant.

 

“Fine, but he was reciprocating, so…”

 

“Caleb, you can go find Adam his clothes, while I debrief him.”

 

“Fine, I’ll see you later cutie,” Caleb gave a quick peck on Adam’s cheek and dashed out of the room.

 

Adam took all that transpired in stride, “So you’re all gay?”

 

“Homosexual, bisexual, and transgendered are the descriptions that would function for those who live in this community, I am sorry for Caleb’s enthusiasm, but he is still young and hopefully he will learn some self-control as he ages and settles with his sexual appetite.”

 

“I never heard of a place With only LGBT people before. Where am I exactly?”

 

“We are “separated” from the world you know. It is a complicated concept best left to physicists and philosophers, but suffice to say, no one outside the community knows about us. We regularly travel to your world seeking others of like-mind and need, but it has been decades since one of “us” found this place unassisted by an acolyte or one of the Triumvirs.”

 

Adam was confused by the reply, but before he could ask more questions, Caleb had returned with his clothing, freshly cleaned and pressed. Though he did find Caleb attractive and thought the guy had a mischievous face that reminded him of Jordan, Adam didn’t want to rush to get into bed with such a flirty guy. The doctor wasn’t bad looking either, possibly mid-thirties, decent build, and no signs of wrinkles many doctors develop during their residencies, though he was a bit older than Adam’s usual interests. Still, Adam felt fine with changing in front of both men, showing off his body slightly. Maybe the possibility of an entire area filled with LGBT people was encouraging him, or it could be the need to fill the void his boyfriend had left in his heart. After he dressed, he was directed to what amounted to a modern restroom, where hand towels and other facilities were offered, except a shower or bath.

 

The doctor knowingly smirked, “We have communal baths here, where we gather before sleep. We have already cleaned you late last night in a medical bath.”

 

“Thanks, where’s the toothbrushes, toothpaste, and mouthwash.”

 

Caleb, with a more serious demeanor than earlier, handed Adam two pieces of what looked to be chewing gum, “The blue one needs to be chewed for 2 minutes to clean out plaque and other foreign matter around teeth. The green one needs to be chewed for 1 minute to release an anti-bacterial compound to kill off germs. Both will dissolve in your mouth without residue. Much easier than toothpaste and mouth wash. There are paper cup dispensers to get rid of the taste with a smaller amount of wasted water.”

 

Adam was amazed at the ergonomic utilitarian nature of these people; they weren’t wasting anything. The two pieces of gum were very refreshing and the small cup of warm water was soothing. Adam wondered what would happen if he soaked the large hand towel with such a limited burst of warm water. Miraculously, the entire towel puffed up with warmth and steam as the 3 second burst of water had somehow filled the entire volume. Adam had heard about air multiplying techniques and compression materials, but this was decades ahead of modern standards. As he wiped his face, he began to wonder what a great Brave New World with such conveniences this was, helmed by LGBT people. It gave him pride to know such a place existed.

The doctor and Caleb escorted him on a tour of the building, which turned out to be an old Victorian home. The doctor informed Adam that the home was part of his and Caleb’s family unit. Adam did not understand what a “family” unit was until he was brought into the dining hall. Three dozen young men sat across from each other enjoying plates of eggs, toast, and sausage with cups filled with juice and tea. Caleb directed him to sit at a table filled with men of varying ages, including a few boys in their late teens. Adam did not notice there was a table filled with younger boys toward the interior near the fireplace, which reminded him somewhat of a few scenes from Harry Potter movies. However, instead of house elves or owls delivering food and packages, there were several robots taking orders and brining in food.

 

When the robot approached, Adam asked Caleb, who sat next to him, “What should I order?”

 

“Caleb smirked, “I can order for us both. Do you have any food allergies?”

 

“I’m lactose intolerant, so nothing with dairy, including cheese.”

 

The other men and boys around the table stopped eating. They began looking at Adam coyly with knowing smiles and genuine appreciation. Other tables also began to whisper things, “See I told you”, “No he can’t be that much similar”, or “Wow, I wonder if he’s also left handed”. Adam began to feel a bit uncomfortable as the others stared and spoke about him like they knew something about him, like he was a space alien or something.

 

“What’s the big deal if I’m lactose intolerant and left handed? Is this the right-hand milk loving LGBT fan club?”

 

A roar of laughter broke out, and Caleb half laughing began to explain, “Being lactose intolerant and left handed are traits associated with “engineered” guys like me. We’re born specifically to hit as close to 100% expression of our genes as possible, but there are side effects like lactose intolerance and left handed dominance. We usually have higher expressions as a result than most natural born guys, as an “Engineered” I am 92%. You’re a “natural” born guy from the outside world with 99% expression, which is one of the highest ever recorded for “natural” or “Engineered” guys.”

 

As the laughter subsided, Adam tried to understand what he was told, “Isn’t left hand use usually a recessive trait along with lactose processing?”

 

“You study biology?” Caleb replied

 

“I am majoring in Biochemistry for pre-med, so I know a little of the basics.”

 

Caleb’s grin grew wider, “Awesome, my other partners are apprenticing in other areas and none of the other medical apprentices are attractive to me,” then Caleb remembered his earlier encounter, “Sorry, if I am coming on too strong, you’re just really attractive.”

 

Adam was feeling embarrassed, but noticing the lack of expression in the others around the table, Adam sighed with his own realization. He was in a world filled with open sexuality. There was nothing to hide or be ashamed about here in expressing your sexual interest with another person nearby.

 

“It’s fine, I am just not used to being this open in public. I mean most people aren’t homophobic at my college, but most gay guys seldom express ourselves this openly.”

 

A man in his mid-twenties, who sat across from them, offered his sympathies, “I am sorry to hear that, we know living with those savages must have been rough.”

 

“No really, it wasn’t that bad. There are worse places in the world, with gay bashing and homophobia.”

 

The man snorted back, “One day those Neanderthals will see their world burn to ashes for their stupidity and bigotry.”

 

As Adam began to feel uncomfortable again, he shifted his attention back to Caleb, who had finished ordering their meals, “So, if you guys are engineered for genetic traits, why are recessive traits expressed so much?”

 

“Well, we target specific genetic factors, gene keys that allow for sexual expression to be increased. Some people like Andy theorize gene keys also could affect other chemical responses.”

 

“Wow, so you guys figured out what makes people gay or straight and are actively trying to enhance those traits. That line of research was still going on with minimal funding and there were a lot of ethical issues surrounding what would happen if people could engineer their kids to not be gay, or screen them from birth if they were. I can see why you guys aren’t out in the open about your research or this community.”

 

The doctor who sat two seats away near the front overheard the conversation interjected, “The Triumvirs expect your researchers will find what we did 20 years ago. We’re just preparing for the worst here. Upon this discovery, genocide would be a matter of time and patient attrition.”

 

“Who are these triumvirs?”

 

The doctor had a look of wonder, “you will find out later, but I can tell you this Adam. They’ve been through the ringer in your world and understand what humanity’s hatred or “cold” kindness can lead towards. I was brought here by one of them in my youth as a gay teenager thrown out of my own home by my parents. As such, while I may possess the knowledge and experience of a physician, I could never be considered a true doctor in your world as I do not have “credentials” of that position.”

 

“I’m sorry; I’ve read those stories growing up, but luckily my parents were kinder than that. They did not understand my sexual interest in boys, but they did not stop me or cast me out. Jordan’s parents were different and….”

 

Adam realized he was thinking of Jordan again in this idyllic setting.

 

Caleb inquisitively asked, “Who is Jordan?”

 

Adam had many words to say about his ex-boyfriend, their love for one another, their hopes and dreams that this place would have fulfilled, and his transgression. At the end of his tale, most of the older men nodded in understanding, while the younger men were unsure as to their feelings.

 

Caleb looked to the doctor, “Why would his partner be unhappy if he adds to his matrix? Shouldn’t he be happy to know someone else can share their love and expand their family unit?”

 

The doctor thoughtfully replied, “In Adam’s world, what we have here has no frame of reference. Perhaps, the closest concept is Polyamory, but that term implies heterosexual component with the basis of pairings. A partner in their world is singular and unique, their bonds cannot allow another to enter let alone a matrix of 2, 3, or in our family unit 40 individuals with individual matrixes within the whole with shared interconnected links to other family units in this community.”

 

Adam tried to imagine such a society, which resembles an Eastern Clan structure and a modern Polyamory relationship, but something did not add up, “How are you able to reproduce without females. I mean Caleb was born somehow.”

 

The doctor nodded, “Caleb is biologically my child and my Primary male partners, Kirk. Caleb was born out of an artificial womb after his zygote was engineered. We do have females in our community as well, those you call lesbians, who reside in similar family units. We also share family units with those who you call bisexual and transgendered; though they identify with gay male orientation in my family unit. The genetic traits enhancements are done with gene therapy and artificial wombs, but as that technology was relatively new, we have a long and mutually beneficial history with our female counterparts, a type of Amazonian trade. Thus, we maintain a balance between natural and artificial reproduction.”

 

“How many people are there here? How long has this place been around?”

 

“By your calendar year, our community was started in 1984. We began genetic experimentation with data and techniques from the Human Genome project in 1991. Caleb was one of the first generation born through genetic engineering. We currently have well over 700 “engineered” offspring, 2,000 natural offspring, and around 15,000 total residents.”

 

Adam wanted to know more, but his plate of food had arrived. He had not eaten since last night prior to the party. There was a wooden dish-cover, which he lifted to reveal a puff of steam that had the aroma of eggs and bacon along with peppers. Adam was surprised to find a large omelet on his dish with home fries on the side. He looked over at a smiling Caleb.

 

“Uh, there’s cheese in omelets.”

 

Caleb handed him a small white pill, “Here take one of mine, these will allow you to process dairy for 30 days without issue. I’ve already taken one for the month.”

 

“Okay, this I can understand, I have a bottle of Lactaid in my dorm room. This is just the same with more potency in the enzymes.”

 

Adam took the pill and enjoyed his breakfast, while it might not have been the first time he has had an omelet, it did feel different somehow. The gooey texture of the eggs and cheese mixed with the flavors of onions, peppers, and bacon were a perfect way to start a day. The home fries with chunks of caramelized onions and garlic were also so crunchy and moist on their own he didn’t even remember the ketchup in front of him. While his table manners might not have been conventional, several of the younger members in the dining hall followed suit in an unofficial race, including Caleb.

As Adam raced through his breakfast, he began recalling a pancake eating race between him and Jordan from years before. They had been casual friends in high school with mutual attraction for one another, but it was a sloppy pancake race before their group of friends was going to watch Inception that triggered their relationship of 6 years. Adam and Jordan both had impulsive personalities; they both wanted to quickly finish breakfast at Denny’s so they could jump into the movie theater. However, as they were eating, they began flinging syrup at each other accidentally. Their friends took notice quickly and jumped to nearby booths to avoid the feeding frenzy, waiting for both of them to stop to chide them for their behavior. When the dishes were emptied, Adam took a look at Jordan who had a splatter of pancake in his hair, while Jordan noticed the same in Adam’s hair, both began to laugh at each other. They didn’t make the movie with their friends as both rushed home to clean out the maple syrup from their hair, but it was that encounter which drew them in as closer friends, then lovers not long after.

While Adam was impressed with their accomplishments, his thoughts had returned to his own love life and Jordan. When he finished his omelet, he looked over at Caleb, who was swallowing his last bite. He was staring intently at this attractive young man, looking at his face, his maroon eyes, and his ruffled brown hair. While there was a resemblance to Jordan’s features, there was no spark, nor maple syrup that could be spotted. Adam knew he should move on and this was an opportunity to not only start a new kind of relationship, but also to potentially start a new life.

After Breakfast, Caleb escorted him outside the Victorian home. Adam was amazed at the massive garden area with beds of flowers, wide open fields of green grass dotted by solar panels in intricate patterns, and several tall oak trees. Yet, beyond the natural beauty and the intricate patterns of solar panels he saw, he also witnessed many carnal scenes that would make gay porn film makers rush for their cameras. Boys from early puberty to old men were engaged in various acts of sexual activity. Adam wanted to raise an alarm, but realized this was natural in this place and community.

Among the many scenes, Adam spotted a young couple, one was fair skinned with red hair and one was darker skinned with features of Latin and Asian heritage. They had begun embracing and kissing passionately. The fair one had unbuttoned his shirt, revealing a compact frame covered in red hair. It was not exactly muscular, but it showed signs of definition. The darker one unbuttoned his shirt as well revealing a similar torso, but with no hair around his chest area. They both exchanged smiles, and simultaneously pulled down their pants. There was no underwear, so their full hard-ons were visible, around 7 inches for both. Adam felt himself being aroused at the sight of the intense sexual exchange.

 

Caleb noticed Adam’s arousal at the sights before them, “I was trying to tell you before papa stopped us, we don’t have rules on when or where we have sexual play. We just need the other person to accept the invitation and reciprocate in kind. By the way, my invitation is still open.”

 

Adam stammered a bit, “Uh, I…I”

 

Caleb frowned slightly, “if you are not interested anymore, it’s fine. I still want to be your friend and show you around. I know from experience from my other partners, it can be hard to be placed in our community.”

 

“Caleb, you are attractive, genuine, and an awesome guy for giving me this crash course on all of this. It’s not that I don’t want to do it with you, I just want the right…. thing to happen.”

 

Caleb’s frown quickly turned into a mischievous smirk, “You prefer a certain mood, huh.”

 

Adam nervously joked, “Well, um…at least you are not a bunch of gay hillbillies, who rape visitors that pass by.”

 

Caleb looked Adam straight in the eye in a serious manner again, “We would never force ourselves on anyone who doesn’t want it. If you had said no, I’d had dropped it. We can have sex outside our partner matrix, but only if the other person is willing and if there’s a strong bond, then you can join a partner matrix. It’s one of our highest principles. We do not harm one of our own.”

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to intimate anything. It’s just that I am new to all of this and from my world, universe, or whatever separate this place from my world, we don’t show our affection so openly like this.”

 

“I understand that. A lot of new people aren’t used to our community. I have a partner who is relatively new too and he was shy at first until we had an orgy. You will enjoy it too.”

 

Adam’s jaw just dropped and he froze at the thought, “Did you just say an orgy?”

 

Caleb began to laugh at Adam’s shocked expression, “Gotcha!”

 

Adam chuckled and realized again how puritanical his world view really was, “You got me good, so where are we going?”

 

“Just as a point of correction, group sex is rare and doesn’t happen outside a partner matrix after the partners involved agree to it. Otherwise, we all prefer to just be intimate with one person at a time. As for the destination of our journey, we’re going to a shop first, so you can get a little more comfortable. You will meet my primary partner Brandon, an Acolyte. If you see anything you like, just ask for it. Don’t worry, we don’t use money around here.”

 

Adam grew curious at the last statement and thought about the social interactions that were just explained to him, “No money and sex on tap, are you guys like “free love” hippies? I remember studying LGBT history and its presence in counterculture.”

 

“No, we have some structure to our love even if it is open. We still separate those we have bonded with and those we are only casually associated with. As for value, we don’t need something to arbitrarily represent relative value. Look around you, we have an entire world of resources and people who do their jobs out of love rather than necessity. We’re not linked to your economic system directly, we may have required parts and materials from time to time, but we are nearly self-sufficient now.”

 

“There’s a plot hole though, how could you guys start up without an investment of money? Your technology is cutting edge, maybe more advanced than stuff in my world right now by decades, but you couldn’t just start in such a state, make pharmaceuticals, or build infrastructure right off the bat to create a small town. You would also need money in my world to get people and material from point A to B. You might be self-sufficient now, but there needs to be money somewhere.”

 

Caleb pointed to a hillside, “There is gold and silver ore, the size of a human torso, in those hills, which were discovered early on. From what I know of your value systems, a shiny piece of metal is worth a lot of money. To me, it is strange to think a common metal can hold more value than a nice meal, a home, or even a person you love. That’s what defines us from the outside world, we value all we have rather than quantify it with arbitrary measure.”

 

Adam understood now how this community could have been created and where the equivalent monetary resources could be extracted. Gold and Silver still fetched a large price among jewelers and metal shops. If the size of the gold and silver ore were as big as Caleb described, one piece would be worth more than a house in Manhattan depending on the Grade of the mineral. Adam’s uncle was a Jeweler and he knew there were many third parties involved in the procurement of quality gold for custom jewelry, including smuggled ingots as long as the quality matched the desired grade. All that would be needed was a trip and whoever built this community would have been a millionaire easily. It would simply be a matter of purpose and patience.

The value system of this community was alien to Adam, but it felt right based on everything he had heard and seen. If there was no shortage of resources, no need to fight for position, glory, or wealth, then people would need something else to drive them. Adam knew the answers from philosophers and politics involved a type of socialism based on the state, but these people based their community on something else. It’s driven by bonds of love, a common need to come together, and a world without limitations created by history or cultural rules. This is a model of behavior untested and unproven as the factors behind it were never thought possible.

As Adam pondered the question of this community, he and Caleb had crossed the field of grass and solar panels to a wide avenue. There were similar Victorian homes in both directions with fences or boundary markers between them. Another field of grass and solar panels filled with men and boys, women and girls, and androgynous couples of all kinds, shapes, and complexions laid ahead of them. Beyond the field, another avenue was a row of simple wooden buildings.

While the distance based on perspective seemed to be the length of a football field, it was quickly covered by Adam and Caleb without issue. Adam knew Caleb was continuously staring at him waiting for him to accept his earlier invitation, but Adam could not fathom having sex so publicly as what he was witnessing in the flesh. Adam did find Caleb attractive, kind, and honest in ways he had never seen from other gay males he has known. It was not a matter of Adam accepting the offer of sex, it was merely a matter of location and time.

They eventually reached a large wooden building, which housed everything you might find in a basic department store. However, there were no price labels, nor large quantities stacked on top of each other. There were shirts, jackets, shoes, socks, underwear, and jewelry of all types arrayed in elaborate mannequin displays. While Adam had never counted himself among one of the gay fashionistas, he was enthralled by the life like displays and anatomically correct models in front of him.

 

“Thanks for admiring my work,” Adam turned to his side and couldn’t believe his eyes. It was Caleb, but his old-fashioned formal shirt and pants were replaced with modern jeans and a stylized T-shirt of geometric patterns. Adam turned to his other side and confirmed his new friend was still next to him.

 

Adam was shocked, but quickly ascertained the reason, “He’s your twin brother.”

 

Caleb warmly went to his doppelganger, “He’s my twin, but also my clone or I am his clone. Anyway, Adam meet Carl.”

 

“Is this part of the genetic engineering that created you?”

 

Caleb nodded, “Basically, the twin process that happens in normal cell division of the fertilized egg cell is induced, sometimes more than once for health reasons.”

 

“Are you guys growing people for spare parts?”

 

Caleb frowned, “No, I told you before we respect our kind. The duplication is merely to create additional embryonic stem cells for growing organs or repairing damaged tissue. We let the twin process continue sometimes after the cells are extracted. Your researchers have done similar things from what pop tells us.”

 

“Sure, but you guys have taken it to a new level,” Adam stared at Carl, then realize what he was doing “Sorry, I’ve met a lot of twins, but…”

 

Carl walked over to Adam, clasping his fingers between Adam’s fingers, “I do not mind. I heard you would be visiting our shop today, please feel free to put in any order you desire.”

 

“Are you a designer?”

 

“I guess you can call me that. I like making clothing, footwear, and jewels that match up into outfits. What do you think of my displays?”

 

“They’re amazingly detailed. Do you make the clothing and accessories for everyone?”

 

“Thank you, I design a lot of new outfits on display for the community, but my mentor Bobby is the one who does regular clothing, like what Caleb is wearing. Kind of drab and old fashioned, but it works for doctors I guess.”

 

Caleb poked his twin/clone in the shoulder with a finger after the comment, “Hey, I look as good as you do without these clothes.”

 

Carl blushed, “Well, clothing is both practical and aesthetic. Birds organize their feathers to attract more mates; even if they appear similar without them.”

 

Adam noticed a particular triangular pink pendant of sapphire with an outfit similar to what Carl has on, “Can I try this one? I really like the pendant.”

 

“Great choice, you haven’t seen the “Real” one yet, but if you like the Pendant, you will be pleasantly surprised. Let me get the right sizes for you. Do you prefer loose fit, regular fit, or tight fit?”

 

Adam was unsure what Carl meant by “real” thing, but he did love the outfit “I am not a show-off or into grungy, I think regular fit is fine.”

 

It took Carl less than 10 minutes to get some clothing out for Adam’s review. Adam was escorted by Carl into a room of mirror to undress. Thought Adam was reticent with Caleb’s advances; Carl was a different matter and Adam easily stripped his clothing in front of the young designer to try the new outfit out. As he put on the new clothing, Carl was meticulous with Adam, noting down every detail Adam had questions about. After Adam finished trying out the outfit, Carl took it back and told Adam to wait. Within 10 more minutes, Carl returned with a new outfit.

There was a playful innocence and subtle sensuality to Carl that Adam recognized from his first date with Jordan. Adam and Jordan had already had their first sexual experience with each other by jerking off together. It was Saturday and both boys were bored of playing video games, so they went outside for a walk. They somehow walked several miles without noticing and entered a random store filled with 2nd hand clothes. Adam drifted towards several baseball caps and Jordan went in tow. As Adam was debating whether a Cubs cap was better than Blue Jays, he felt a heavy object land on his head. When he turned towards Jordan, he saw a quick flash from Jordan’s cellphone. They spent the rest of the day playing around with different hats, jackets, and cheap jewelry that was in the store, taking pictures of the ridiculous outfits they came up with.

Adam could feel an attraction to Carl, but he also noted the difference from Jordan. There was less joy in their interactions. As they finished, Carl longingly approached Adam. Their faces were close to one another and Adam felt the urge to kiss Carl. Their mouths opened and their tongues touched one another, it was electric. Adam could feel the urge rise in him to strip off his clothing and engage in sex, but there was something missing. Despite how good everything felt, Adam could not accept it, just like the random blowjobs from last night.

 

“Carl, I am sorry, I can’t.”

 

Breathing heavily, Carl disengaged, “It is fine. I know Caleb is far more active than me. He’ll make a better lover.”

 

“No, it’s something else. Caleb gets me hot, but we haven’t tried anything yet. You are fun and I am drawn to you, too, but I am missing something. I think it is my boyfriend Jordan, who you both resemble a little.”

 

“I understand, I also have a primary partner as well, who was found by Brandon and brought here from your world. One thing you must understand about us is we are free to love one another. Our bonds are what define our relationships. Partner matrix may seem weird to first timers, but we’re not that different from you. Caleb likes you a lot. You should at least give him a chance just like you did with me right now. He has a good heart and he does care for others more than he shows.”

 

“You guys really are much more open about love and sex. I cheated on Jordan and I think my relationship with him is over. Yet, I can’t bring myself to be happy with another guy without thinking of him.”

 

“You should talk to Brandon. He’s good with male relationships and pent up emotions from people in your world.”

 

A soft voice echoed into the mirror room, “I didn’t know you thought so highly of me Carl.”

 

Adam turned to face Brandon, who appeared to be a slightly older man with a natural copper like radiance, potentially in his late 20’s. Brandon had an attractive figure like a movie star that could pretend they were in their late teens. Adam could tell by the way he carried himself and the lack of an Adam’s apple that Brandon was a trans-male. Adam had met many trans-males before, including gay identified trans-males. While it might seem counter-intuitive and a joke to people that a transgender person could carry on a same sex relationship, when they were biologically the opposite sex, this is a normal as there are biological males who love other males like him, so why not transgendered males who are attracted to other biological males. Knowing he was about to leave with Brandon, Adam left his old clothes with Carl, so he could adjust and fit them to Adam properly. Caleb and Brandon exchanged a sexually charged kiss, while sensitively holding each other in a deep embrace. Adam was seeing another side of Caleb, who he at first thought was a flirt. The intensity of their greeting and embrace was obvious to everyone in the room. Adam recalled how he and Jordan had greeted each other in similar manners after school in their home prior to entering college and even during visits to each other’s campuses. Seeing such strong attachments twisted a dagger into his heart as the last meeting between Adam and Jordan was one of betrayal in Adam’s mind.

Caleb bid Adam farewell and reminded him of the communal baths later that day along with the promise of being a good lover. Adam saw no reaction from Brandon and just nodded at Caleb, then stared apologetically at Carl as he went out of the shop with Brandon.

 

After a few minutes of walking down the avenue, Brandon offered his sympathy, “I heard what you told Carl. Do you still feel guilty about what you did? I just want to make sure you understand Caleb and I are primary partners, but he shares his interests with me and I share mine with him. You do not need to feel guilty on that account if you desire to be intimate with him.”

 

“Thank you for your candor and open invitation, but my conscience is still stuck on Jordan and what I did to him.”

 

“Do you still love him?”

 

“Does it even matter, he won’t forgive me. He didn’t return my calls and he caused a scene at my dorm.”

 

“Do you think he still loves you?”

 

“I want to believe that after everything we went through to be together.”

 

Brandon sighed, “I loved a boy once. We were inseparable from a young age, we played video games together, laughed at the same bad family guy jokes, and fought to be recognize as a couple due to the obvious realities. Then things changed.”

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, what happened? Was it homophobes? His parents? Or something one of you did?”

 

“Being born biologically a girl leaves people with expectation. Being gay also leaves another set of expectations, too.”

 

“It was another gay guy?”

 

“He met many new friends in school, who didn’t understand, they lived in a world of absolutes taught to them by a mainstream culture, who can’t fathom why a gay boy would love a biological girl. I couldn’t grow a penis or a set of balls, but I was no less a boy than they were. Some of his new friends were straight and others were gay, one in particular became his new boyfriend eventually after I attempted to commit suicide and my parents committed me to an institution. I was suicidal due to my fears and feeling of ineptitude as I could never satisfy him in the way I wish I could. In my heart, I know he didn’t care, but it pained me to know he had to settle for me. I was kept in the institution on suicide watch, until Edwin, a Triumvir, found me.”

 

Adam understood the reality of what Brandon was saying. There’s a deep misunderstanding and even bigotry among cisgender and trans people, who may identify themselves in gender as the same as their peers, but it’s an obvious difference. In his studies of LGBT, Adam remembered the first question his professor posed, “What makes a man a man?” The obvious answers are anatomical and biological definitions, but the professor countered that those are changeable. Genitalia can be removed or added without biological functions; in this place, Adam suspects one of their capabilities would be to make full conversion possible with genetic material. If sexual organs are not what define gender, then what is the definition? Adam and his first-year freshman class spent a week debating this, but no one could come to a single definition. It also revealed deep rifts for what cisgender perceived as the basis for who they love as partners.

While Adam was in love with Jordan for most of his life, he never considered the fact being gay and being biologically male was separable. He spoke to Jordan at length about what they were discussing. At first, Adam and Jordan couldn’t understand what motivates trans males to be gay. Adam made the breakthrough for them both. It was the same reason why he and Jordan loved one another. There was something that may not have a name yet, perhaps it can be expressed in genetic advances in this community, but it exists and creates identity and from it love for a partner based on it.

 

Adam sympathetically offered Brandon his left hand, “I am sorry for bringing up those memories. It couldn’t have been easy.”

 

Brandon understandingly took Adam’s offering, “I am much better now, I’ve met guys, girls, and people in between who are in even worse situations from your world.”

 

“I’ve read and seen enough to know I was fortunate to have had good parents, who not only loved me with all their hearts, but also took in my boyfriend when he was disowned.”

 

Brandon hung his head low, “Tragic, what will happen to them.”

 

Adam felt a stirring of anxiety, “What do you mean?”

 

Adam was filled with fear and realized this paradise was too good to be true. With all this marvel, all this advancement, wouldn’t the people in this community not seek revenge against the outside world that has wronged them? It’s human nature after all to seek vengeance and LGBT have been the victims of everything from bigotry to outright genocide to the modern day. Should he try to argue with them? Should he try to stop them?

 

Brandon understood Adam’s silence, “It’s a long story. I’ll let the Triumvirs tell you. I know you must think we’re too good to be true and with all of our knowledge we would use it for some kind of retribution against the outside world. It’s not true, if anything we’re more like a Noah’s Ark.”

 

Adam’s curiosity rose and he noticed they were heading off towards a smaller street with car garages, “So you guys do drive around here? Are they DeLorean’s with flux capacitors?”

 

Brandon gave a half wink and smile, “You are closer to the truth than you know, but no we don’t drive gasoline engines here. All of these cars are modified Tesla electric vehicles or other electric cars.”

 

Adam was surprised to see Brandon open a garage revealing a normal car, “Nothing that fancy, just standard Tesla cars? I don’t see any modifications.”

 

“The modifications are under the hood to reduce power consumption per mile of operations, giving these vehicles more range. In general, Genetics, 3D printing, agriculture, and solar energy are areas we focus on here that might seem a bit more advanced than your world, but these are things we need to survive and grow our population. Necessity made it possible for us to have breakthroughs, not to mention ample resources and other help. Beyond that stuff, you saw how simple our homes are, we limit the use of frivolous items that only consume power.”

 

“So you don’t have flying cars or transporters yet?”

 

“Sorry, I can offer you a good selection of Lady Gaga during our ride though. It is a good music system.”

 

“You got 21 pilots and the Disturbed, I prefer them over Gaga.”

 

“Sure, those are decent, but I’ll convert you one day to Gaga.”

Copyright © 2016 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..