Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 1,077 Words
  • 19,120 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

What Do I Write? - 1. The Play

What to Write?

By WL

 

Characters:

 

Mind, a voice of reason

Heart, a voice of emotion

 

Play:

 

Mind: Let's start a story

 

Heart: Love story, vengeance story, sex story, or all the above. I want extra sex scenes in this new story.

 

Mind: You always want more sex scenes, if it were up to you, then all I will be writing is pornography.

 

Heart: There is nothing wrong with that. It makes me feel good.

 

Mind: It makes me gag at how everything must always go back to sex. You know I blame Freud, if it wasn't his idea that everything human beings do is for sex, then I would not be so criticized, when I don't write sex.

 

Heart: You're jealous that sex is hotter than plots.

 

Mind: Jealousy has nothing to do it with it. I want to write something deeper than just a dozen or so sex scenes loosely connected by a flimsy plot. Besides, you enjoy my deep romantic storylines.

 

Heart: True, I am just impatient for the payoff, but sometimes denial is better

 

Mind: Anyway, since you're the hopeless romantic; I have to try writing a love story. I don't want to do a teenage love story, though. It's too obvious.

 

Heart: Oh come on! How about a sappy story? You never write anything that makes me cry.

 

Mind: Hmm...okay, How about this? I will write a story about a boy falling in love with another boy, but one of their families is homophobic and keeps the boy away from his love. The story evolves through conflict and tension. In the end, the boys will be together living happily ever after.

 

Heart: Aw, I love the idea!

 

Mind: I hate it with passion.

 

Heart: Hey, you thought it up.

 

Mind: You pushed me into writing that idealistic drivel. Come on, how many gay guys have we met that ended happily ever after in those circumstances?

 

Heart: Not a lot, but it is a feel good story that people need in their lives.

 

Mind: People do not need feel good stories; they get too many feel good stories. The reality is love never last as long as our fairy tales. The families don't reconcile and say "We love our gay son" at the end. The reality is usually grayer and no one is totally happy with the outcome.

 

Heart: So, how would you go about writing a sappy love story?

 

Mind: Okay, imagine this concept, a Goth kid with lots of social issues falling for a cute diving team stud, who has secret traumatic issues with his coach molesting him. The two misfits fall in love, but the sex scandal is revealed in the diving team. The cute stud goes to counseling and realizes that he can't be with the Goth kid, because he wasn't actually gay to begin with. Well, the Goth kid tries everything to get back together with the cute stud including changing his looks. It all fails, the Goth kid kills himself in deep regret that he can't be with the person that he loves. The cute stud feels remorse and his sexual identity issues forces him into a life of seclusion. Eventually, the cute stud grows up and follows his old coach's pattern. He becomes the new coach of a high school swim team and molests other kids. Talk about sappy and tragic.

 

Heart: That is the worst plot ever!

 

Mind: Hey, you wanted a million plot holes and an impossible fairy tale ending. I just offered everyone a realistic story, where everyone has shades of gray.

 

Heart: Why are writers so full of shit?

 

Mind: Well, you have to have illusions of grandeur to be a good writer. It is part of the imagination; you got to imagine.

 

Heart: Okay, how about something else sappy and romantic? Like a poor homeless boy finding love with another boy.

 

Mind: Done a lot, but I can give it a new spin. The homeless teenage boy does tricks on the side and prostitutes his body. One day, he falls in love with another teenage boy hustler. They hit it off and became boyfriends. Then, one of them ends up HIV positive. The other boy asked him to sleep with him even knowing it would damn both to death. They both loved each other and continued selling their bodies until they died.

 

Heart: Oh God! That is so evil. Making two teenage homeless gay prostitutes is bad enough, but did you have to give them AIDS? Then, you have them continue selling their bodies possibly infecting others?

 

Mind: Umm...it is a reality. Teenage hustlers are the most popular age group in the sex trade profession. They need to pay for food and clothing, so selling their body is necessary to live. They know the risks and their johns do too. If your average sex seeking man or woman was more observant, then there would not be a sex trade.

 

Heart: Ugh...Okay next story idea, how about a teenage boy falling in love with someone he met once? It is kind of like Cinderella.

 

Mind: Let's see, a boy was in the bathroom and saw another kid, who wanted to get sucked off. Well, they exchanged the necessary signals and they did the deed. The two really enjoyed the experience and planned for another time. These little sex excursions keep occurring until one of the boy's parents discover their actions and call the police. Turn out, the boy was 17 and the other kid was 13, so he gets charged with statutory rape.

 

Heart: Oh my god, why can't you give me a happier end?

 

Mind: Well, he could be sent to a juvenile facility or do community service. In a juvenile facility, he will only be used as some one's cum rag less than a prison.

 

Heart: That is disgusting!

 

Mind: Happens and completely true, many states in the US will not allow two minors to have sex with one another.

 

Heart: I feel sick; tell me a type of story you want to write

 

Mind: I think I would be a good horror writer; you don't need to do much except tell the truth, it turns out.

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..