Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 430 Words
  • 689 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My 2017 Prompts - 1. Prompt 560

“I will never forgive you!” I screamed at Jackson.

“Babe, just give me a chance to explain,” he pleaded.

I couldn’t believe that he thought he could explain away me catching him in a lip lock with someone I thought was a friend, a brother in all but blood. I mean Andy was supposed to be my best friend aside from Jackson and I knew he wanted to have someone special in his life but I was having hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he had just kissed my husband.

“Tony, it’s not what it looked like,” Andy said.

“Don’t even talk to me you bastard. My family took you in when yours kicked you out. I was there when Steve broke your heart when he ended your relationship of five years. How could you think I would be ok with you kissing my husband?”

“It just happened…”

“Don’t even finish that thought,” I snarled.

I stormed out of Jackson’s office and went to the elevator; I had to get out of there. Of course, it would take a while for the elevator to get there, which gave Jackson enough time to catch up to me. I growled when I saw him walking towards me. I kept pushing the button and prayed it would arrive soon because I didn’t feel like talking to Jackson. The pain was just too raw and I was pissed. I needed time to cool off and maybe then I would be willing to talk to them.

“Tony, please just give me a chance to explain,” Jackson begged.

“Just leave me the hell alone. I will let you know if and when I feel like talking.” The elevator finally arrived and I stepped into the car when the doors slid open.

Jackson put his hand on the door and prevented it from closing but I removed his fingers and pushed the button that would close the doors before I hit the first-floor button. Finally, the doors closed and I let out a heavy sigh as I leaned against the back wall of the elevator.

I kept my eyes downcast and hurriedly made my way to out the front door of the office building and walked down the street to where I had parked. I only hoped I could get into the semi-privacy of my car before the tears fell as they threatened to do.

My dad had warned me when I married Jackson that he didn’t think he could be faithful and it looked like he had just been proven right.

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..