Jump to content
    Xfighter1984
  • Author
  • 1,325 Words
  • 757 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

This Is What They Call Love - 7. Chapter 7

 

“I didn’t think it would be this hard or this awkward,” Triston joked trying to break the ice.

Cory simply nodded, not sure of what to say at the moment. Unsure of how Triston felt or his goals for showing up here. Triston sighed before getting up and pulling Cory into his arms. He was tense at first before he let himself melt into the older man’s embrace as the tears began to flow.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you,” Cory sobbed into Triston’s neck.

“Hush, I was the one who jumped to conclusions without all the facts or giving you a chance to explain anything.” Triston held Cory tight. They stayed in each other’s arms for what seemed like hours before pulling apart.

“What made you decide to come back and listen now?”

“It just took some time for me to pull my head out of my ass,” Triston offered a weak smile. “I saw Henry and what it looked like was happening and all I saw was red. I was angry and I was hurt. I felt betrayed and felt like that man had ruined another chance at love for me.”

Triston looked Cory in the eye, wiping the tears away from his eyes. “I’m am so sorry my love.”

Cory reached up taking hold of Triston’s hand and holding it against his face. He enjoyed the warmth of his touch, a touch that he had longed to feel again for weeks.

“I didn’t know. I mean he looked sort of familiar, but I just couldn’t place him. He was all over Caleb for the most part and even tried to convince me to join in.” Triston let out a snort and rolled his eyes. “I declined his offer at every turn, he was quite persistent,” Cory chuckled.

Triston sat back down on the bed pulling Cory with him. He didn’t want to let him go.

“Would you have, I mean if we weren’t a thing.”

Cory scoffed at the ridiculous notion. “Are you seriously asking that?” When Triston didn’t answer Cory continued. “No, Henry is not the type that I go for at all. Besides, that guy is a total tool and a total top. The next time I bottom I want to be with someone special and really mean something to me,” Cory blushed and squeezed Triston’s hand hoping you got the message.

Triston lay on his back staring up at the ceiling with Cory laying on his chest drawing circles with his fingers. Triston got his message loud and clear, under different circumstances he would be dying to get into Cory’s pants right now, but there would be time enough for that later he hoped.

“Why did it end?” Cory asked pulling him from his thoughts.

“I don’t understand.”

“Why aren’t you and Henry together?”

Triston sat up turning Cory around and pulling him to his chest. “Do you really want to hear about my ex, given the current situation?” Cory nodded and Triston let out a deep breath.

“We had plans to get married, we were just waiting for me to secure my position at the firm. Everything was set, we were set to be married a few months from now. I had just gotten the venue all situated and called it a day at the office on that day,” Triston lightly shuddered at the memory and Cory squeezed his arm reassuringly.

*** 

Triston couldn’t be happier, he got his official promotion at work and he was able to finally set a date with the venue. He was so keyed up that he asked for an early day. Figuring he would rather share all the good news in person he didn’t bother to call Henry ahead of time. When he pulled into the driveway he was so excited until he walked through the door. There were suitcases against the wall near the front door and several of Henry’s suits laying out. He hadn’t mentioned anything like a business trip or anything.

He dropped his keys on the table and went looking for his fiancé. He wasn’t in the kitchen or office. He was just about to call out for him when he heard the shower running. Walking into their bedroom he saw clothes scattered around the room all of Henry’s things taken down from the closets and Triston’s heart moved to his throat. Walking into the bathroom he stopped dead in his tracks and his blood ran cold. He could see them through the glass doors, his fiancé was deep inside their neighbor's twenty-year-old son.

With a few more pumps and a feral grunt, Henry pumped a load into him as their neighbor came on the shower wall. They both looked up and saw Triston standing there, the neighbor boy’s eyes were wide with shock while Henry seemed disconnected and nonchalant.

“Triston I’m sorry it just,” Triston put his hand up to stop the boy from speaking.

“How long?”

“I’m not sure what?”

“How long?” he repeated.

The boy gulped as he looked over at Henry for help who simply shrugged before grabbing a towel.

“Since I came home for summer break from college,” the boy squeaked out before grabbing his clothes from around the room and making a dash out of the room.

Triston was fuming, but it all made sense. Being encouraged to put more hours in at the office, taking on the extra projects, and even being told to take his business trips on his own. He was fucking the neighbor.

“You weren’t planning to get married to me,” Triston said more to himself than Henry. “You were planning on being gone before I even came home from the office. Things started to click into place.

“Look, I’m not made for the whole marriage thing and you’ve become kind of stifling. So, I figured you wouldn’t mind a break. With all your new projects at work going on you would hardly miss me.

The next couple of hours were a blur. Triston found himself numb as Henry cleared out from his life. He didn’t care where he was going. He was vaguely aware that he would be leaving town. He found himself caring less and less until he was gone. Triston moved forward throwing himself into his work, barely socializing and only really letting Brian into his inner feelings. Of course, the rumor mill ran rampant around the office, but he shrugged it off and tried not to think about the man who ruined his picture of happiness.

*** 

“I’m sorry that happened to you.” Cory kissed him gently on the lips, relishing in the feeling before pulling back.

It's okay my love, it almost seems like a lifetime ago,” Triston responded as he snuggled against him.

The two dozed off, content in each other's arms as the weight and drama of the past few weeks lifted. Cory roused from their nap first rubbing the sleep from his eyes as Triston stirred beside him. The cause of their awakening becoming more apparent as they got their bearings. Caleb screaming like the little bandit he was while entertaining another caller.

“No wonder you try to run out of here when he brings someone home,” Triston laughed.

Cory rolled his eyes before breaking into a fit of laughter. As he leaned down for another quick kiss, he brushed against a hard package in Triston’s shorts.

“Really, the sounds of my best friend getting railed one room over has you all keyed up? Should I be worried you are going to run off with the little vixen?” Cory raised an eyebrow as he looked down at the man, before quickly giving him a kiss on the cheek when he noticed him looking visibly upset. “Relax, I am only teasing. Sorry, that may have been in poor taste and timing.” Cory pouted as he snuggled back up to him and sharing a deep kiss.

Copyright © 2018 Xfighter1984; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..