Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 572 Words
  • 514 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Game of Heaven - 4. Mythal's Hunt

This is another side chapter. Enjoy.

The man wandered through the forest, an invisible sensor floating over his shoulder. The spy was around here somewhere, just waiting to get the jump on him. He wouldn’t, not this time.

Mythal heard a bush rustle, and his sword appeared in his hand. An elf dropped from a tree behind him, layers of gambeson covering most of his body. A spear materialized in his grip, and the elf rushed at Mythal.

The human spun, sliding his arm around the spear and wrenching it from the elf’s grasp.

“You want to keep trying?” he grinned.

“Ah, you know me. I never know when to stop,” the elf laughed, a dagger flying toward Mythal suddenly.

The wizard stopped the blade with a spell and teleported behind the elf.

“Fuck!” he gasped as another dagger pierced his gut.

“Do you yield?”

Mythal pulled himself off the dagger and swung at the elf.

“Come on Mythal, keep up with me.”

A vine lashed out toward Mythal’s ankle, and a fireball incinerated it.

“Or we could cut to the end if you want, though that takes out most of the fun, don’t you think?”

“I’m going to get you Naril dog.”

The elf laughed.

“You better put in a little more effort then, my Galaway guy.”

Mythal hurled another fireball, and the druid dodged it easily. The man charged at the elf, sword in hand, and the elf faded from view.

Mythal glaced around himself warily, keeping a healthy distance from the trees. A shadow descended on him from above, and the man looked up.

The elf landed on Mythal, and swung a blade heavily, slicing Mythal’s left hand off at the wrist.

“You’re slacking today. Yield.”

Mythal grunted as his hand throbbed. He’d be screaming if he had his pain settings up. As it was, the pain in his hands was minimal, but it was there.

“Fine,” he growled. “I submit.”

His sword vanished, and the elf grinned.

The elf knelt beside his defeated foe, and forced his pants down. Mythal moaned as he felt the druid enter him, taking the spoils of war.

“One of these days I’m going to fuck the hell out of you,” he grunted as the druid pounded him.

“When that day comes, I’ll make sure you’ve earned it,” the elf promised with a gasp.

A minute later he pulled out, and retied his pants around his waist.

“If you two are finished…”

Both men stood up, weapons in their hands. Terian appeared from behind a tree, and Mythal lowered his blade.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“Karil was destroyed by a dragon,” the battlemind said. “I just wanted to let you know we’ll be here for another couple days.”

He nodded at the man’s missing hand.

“Need a little help?”

Mythal looked at the elf, who sighed.

“Yeah yeah, look, I won. Don’t think this counts as your victory. By all rights I should have slit your throat already.”

“What do you think Terian?” Mythal smiled, fingering his blade.

“I’m staying out of this. You two play your little games.”

The druid grinned, and darted forward, fading. He yelped and solidified as Mythal’s sword pierced his chest.

“I’ll see you around,” the man smiled.

“Bastard,” the elf muttered as he died.

Mythal removed his sword from the corpse, and picked up the bag of twenty gold that had fallen from his foe.

“Let’s go,” he said.

Copyright © 2019 Cata the Meek; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well done and thank you for sharing, I would love to say chapter however in reality it is but an egotistical paragraph.  I sincerely hope that you seriously return to complete this story not that you other tales are not good it is just that I especially like the essence of this one.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..