How do I add a chapter to an existing story?
Before adding a chapter make sure you're not submitting more content per day than allowed:
- Authors in the moderation queue: When submitting a new story to the site, do NOT post more than the prologue and the first chapter. Additionally, while you remain in the moderation queue, do not post more than one new chapter or new story until the existing chapter/story is approved. The moderation queue is typically reviewed once per day. Do not use the post-dating system while you remain in the moderation queue.
- All other authors: When submitting a new story to the site, do NOT post more than the prologue and the first chapter. Two new chapter or story updates can be posted per day, total, and spaced at least eight hours apart. Chapters submitted using the post-dating system do not count as long as they're evenly spaced.
Steps to add a chapter:
- Click on the Stories tab in the red menu bar
- Click on the My Stories button below the story categories and above the stories in the recent updates area.
- Click on the Story Title
- Click on the Manage Story drop menu below the story meta data and above the chapter listing
- Click on Add Chapter in the menu options
- Fill in chapter title, notes, text, end of chapter notes, and change the date/time of the post if needed.
All chapters should be completely edited and ready for publishing before authors add them to the story. Followers are notified when authors update their content, so please do not publish and then unpublish chapters as this will create what appears to be an error to readers which often results in site staff being repeatedly contacted with reports. If you accidentally publish the wrong content for some reason, please contact site staff as soon as possible.