Guide to Foreign Slang

I would love to have a copy of this guide that is quoted in the following article:

http://news.myway.com/odd/article/id/43174...08|reuters.html

It would help me understand some of the stories I read :)

I have had to write authors on several occasions or Google because I didn't understand a word or phrase that was in a story. Unfortunately most of the words or phrases I didn't understand were from Great Britain.

Here is a quote from Crackerwriter on this issue:

"LOL. I had to laugh. All of these are quite familiar to us down south too, and widely used in the Royal Navy along with a few other choice expressions!

What we take for granted is quite a stumbling block for foreigners, and in that I include Americans, who may be totally baffled by some of our local lingo!

But every country or region has its own dialect and sayings which may have totally different meanings. In the UK, we constantly have to try and keep up with the kids who seem to speak a language all of our own sometime.

This would make a good new topic in the forum and you can quote my reply if you like!"

I am curious as to how many others have this issue.

The Story Lover