iPod Touch

Rabble_Rouser

I have a second generation iPod Nano and I've basically run out of space to keep all the music I want to listen to on. I'm thinking of upgrading. I'm wondering if anyone has the iPod Touch and how they feel about it. Or if you looked at one and didn't buy one why you decided that. Was it worth the extra $100 over the 3rd gen Nano? I'm attracted to the Touch over the Nano because of the WiFi & web-browsing capability. The iPhone isn't available in Canada (I wouldn't get one anyways because the wireless data prices are astronomical in Canada) so that's not an option.

I use my current iPod mostly at work (desk) to block out the software developers who sit around me who seem to talk non-stop. I also use it to have something to listen to when I have work at nights from home so I don't wake up my roommates.

I'm looking for opinions good and bad.

Steve

Or Could get a Zune.

I like having my Ipod, but I know it's not for everyone, but anyways, I would wait to get an Ipod touch, It's still new, and it uses flash memory it's going to be a little while before more patches and more gb space and price reduction. currently, I have a 30g one, Touch doesn't have the space that mine does.

I have a second generation iPod Nano and I've basically run out of space to keep all the music I want to listen to on. I'm thinking of upgrading. I'm wondering if anyone has the iPod Touch and how they feel about it. Or if you looked at one and didn't buy one why you decided that. Was it worth the extra $100 over the 3rd gen Nano? I'm attracted to the Touch over the Nano because of the WiFi & web-browsing capability. The iPhone isn't available in Canada (I wouldn't get one anyways because the wireless data prices are astronomical in Canada) so that's not an option.

I use my current iPod mostly at work (desk) to block out the software developers who sit around me who seem to talk non-stop. I also use it to have something to listen to when I have work at nights from home so I don't wake up my roommates.

I'm looking for opinions good and bad.

Steve

you got that right, I'm sure that when the iPhone will be available in canada, the price of the plan will be very expensive, much more than in the states.

Well I'm telling you, I've got the Touch since it came out, and I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. The first reaction I had when I took it in my hand was that I found it heavier than I'd expected,, I only had my nano first generation to compare with, but you forget about that fast. Really, I just love it. And with the january software update the Touch is now really the same as the iPhone but without the phone. You can use the maps, stocks, weather application just easily. you can also make notes and send and receive e-mail on it. (the only difference is that you need to be in a place with Wifi). I find the calendar useful. The wifi stores is also cool and practice and cool to use. The web-browsing is impressive compared to what you would expect from a 3" screen. Talking about the screen, it makes watching clips, youtube videos really nice. Also you can put pictures in it, that's just perfect, now I don't keep picture in my wallet to show, I keep em in the touch. :P Overall, I think it's the best player available on the market.

the only bad thing that I can find is that, it's a fingerprint magnet (the screen that is), but really just a simple cloth for glasses or the one they give is perfect to wipe it off. It shouldn't stop anyone from getting the Touch.

I have an iPhone, and I LOVE it!

The web browsing is amazing. I was in the woods in the middle of nowhere and I was reading stories off of GA... now I know that would not be able to happen with the Touch... but it is cool.

People complain about the space... but to me it is really not that big of a deal anyways. Who listens to 30 gigs of music in one day? I usually have between 2 and 3 gigs of music on my iPhone at a time, and it really is plenty.

The calender is pretty cool. I keep my work schedual on there, and all the important dates... I never forget a birthday anymore! :D

Having a bunch of my pictures with me where ever I am is also really nice. I can always show of my beautiful puppy now.

Having YouTube right there is also really cool. It is quite fun!

The weather is right there in my pocket, and that is cool too.

The map is amazing! I have MapQuest right in my pocket and I can get anywhere now without having to bug people for directions. It is super cool.

I think that the iPhone and the Touch are awesome!

Kurt :D

Or Could get a Zune.

I like having my Ipod, but I know it's not for everyone, but anyways, I would wait to get an Ipod touch, It's still new, and it uses flash memory it's going to be a little while before more patches and more gb space and price reduction. currently, I have a 30g one, Touch doesn't have the space that mine does.

I thought about a Zune for about a Nano(second)! :D As someone who's job it is to support Microsoft products, I try my best to stay away from them in my personal life. I've tried other players and still prefer the iPod. especially the ones with Flash Memory storage.

<Warning - Rant!>

Mercifully, it looks like Vista is doing a death March. I saw on some industry forums that XP is out-selling Vista on new PC's about 3 to 1. MS also confirmed that they've pulled in the launch of the Vista replacement by about 2 years (so given MS's history of never, ever making a release date, it should be out in 2012)

<End of Rant>

Is it bad when you hijack your own thread?

Steve

The touch is nice and all but to cost what it does and only offer 8GBs compared to equally efficent players that have storage in the 4GB-80GB range just never set right with me. If you look around there a number of reviews that compare the 80gb iPod and the zune 80gb. Which is considered a fair comparison. Where is the zune vs touch isn't. Lol.

I enjoy my vista btw. It's not mindblowing or anything it's just another operating system but it has a few features that I like. No real complaints though.