(This was going to be a PM, but then I decided there might be others who wanted an answer to this as well, so it ended up being a forum post. Feel free to delete this and answer via PM, Myr, if you don't want it cluttering up this forum).

One quick question: What's the difference between all the groups? OK, so some are functional (Moderators, Administrator), but what about the rest?

The groups are:

Site Administrator

Administrator

Moderator/Author

Hosted Author

Published Author

Advanced Author

Editor

Author

Newbie Author

Members

Newbies

Validating

• Site Administrator

At the moment:

Site Administrator -- Root Admin. Full access to all board controls. (me)

Administrator -- Admin. Access to almost all board controls. (me)

Moderator/Author -- An author who moderates a forum or more (wep, BM)

Site Moderator -- An author who moderates all forums. (dkstories)

Hosted Author -- Authors that have their official sites hosted here. (Comicality, dkstories, DomLuka, bwstories, navigator, JulienGregg, GhostRyder15, frank, etc)

Published Author - A writer with published gay books. (Josh Aterovis)

Newbie Author - An author with less than 5 posts. (several)

Author - An author. Authors have access to post in several places that members don't. (like The Library). Authors also have increased PM capacity and other things.

Advanced Author - An author with more than 75 posts.

Members - normal member with greater than 5 posts.

Newbies - New member. There are less forums availible to them. Like No Sneak Peaks, for example. They automatically upgrade to Member after 5 posts.

Editor - A person that specializes in editing on the board. (B_O_B, Emoe57, James Bond, Moonwolf, Sparhawk)

Validating -- Someone who has registered, but has not verified they have a valid email. (Lots)