Wow. What a story.

I had two problems with it.

The first was when Garret and Masako left for the Bolt Hold. Masako was due in two months. Garret spent a week in the bolt hold, then 'months' (don't know why, but that sounds like more than two to me, though maybe it was only two months) and then three weeks at the Capital of the Republic before heading back to Calos. After arriving, an indeterminate amount of times passes (a week or two?) before she finally gives birth.

The second problem I had was with how it ended. I KNEW that BASTARD wasn't going to keep his word. I am surprised that there was anything in the escape pod.

I was always unsure about Aaron. I could never put my finger on why, until he finally revealed himself, and the the clues jumped out at me, about how he made so many snide remarks to Garret about clones.

As usual, DK wrote a fantastic story. This one, for some reason this story, in a way. took the wind out of my sails. I can't quite explain it, but with the ending, they way it happened ... man, o' man.

I do wonder, DK, how your mind works and how you come up with such rich, vivid, wonderful plots full of details, descriptions, and characters who are so believably human.

Thank you, again, for sharing your writings.

Boy on a String