Semester at Sea

jovian_w2002

Have you all heard about a study program called "Semester at Sea"? I just read about it recently and gosh, I really wanna be part of it!!! LOL. You get to spend 100 days at sea while you study for your college credits. Classes are held on board a cruise liner! How cool is that? In addition, you get to travel to 10 or 12 countries. I've looked at their itineraries for the places they'd be visiting or had visited and I'm surprised to know that one of the places they're visiting - Kobe, Japan - is where my grandmother was born in!!! HAHAHA :D

I'm currently studying for my B.A in English, Music, Education, and Performance Studies. Hopefully those subjects that I'm studying will get me in, lol just kidding!!! I wanna be a lecturer in that ship if I can hahahaha. (I know, pie in the sky dream) Hehehehe :P Nah, I'm just expecting too much, but you have to admit, this is pretty darn cool!!!

Cheers!!!!

Jovian :D

P.S - You don't have to post a reply, lol. I'm just sugar-high, I think. It's just my dream to try something different lol. Studying on a ship sounds really really really neat to me!!! :D

• Site Administrator

And for those who want a link, here is the Semester at Sea home page :)

My younger brother had a year in the USA as an exchange student, and I have to admit that I was jealous (I had finished school by the time my family became involved in the exchange student program), but I'm glad he didn't know about this or I may have considered killing him... :whistle:

:fire: :chris:

Where can you find pleasure

Search the world for treasure

Learn science technology

Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true

On the land or on the sea

:music:

In the navy

Yes, you can sail the seven seas

In the navy

Yes, you can put your mind at ease

In the navy

Come on now, people, make a stand

In the navy, in the navy

:whistle:

And for those who want a link, here is the Semester at Sea home page :)

My younger brother had a year in the USA as an exchange student, and I have to admit that I was jealous (I had finished school by the time my family became involved in the exchange student program), but I'm glad he didn't know about this or I may have considered killing him... :whistle:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, if possible, I wanna be a teacher on that ship! Teaching while having nausea LOL, nah, that wouldn't happen. You know, the funny thing is... I'm afraid of deep water, yet I love being on a cruise liner. HAHAHA :D

This sounds awesome!

I would love to be a part of it! :D

YAY!!! We could be roomies! Hehehehe :D Hmmm... which bed? Left or right?

:fire: :chris:

Where can you find pleasure

Search the world for treasure

Learn science technology

Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true

On the land or on the sea

:music:

In the navy

Yes, you can sail the seven seas

In the navy

Yes, you can put your mind at ease

In the navy

Come on now, people, make a stand

In the navy, in the navy

:whistle:

Hahahaha, I'm not interested in the navy. Haha! :D I wanna have a personal, awesome experience at sea, not one that is under obligation. LOL. :D

I actually did want to do that....unfortunately it is hard to get a biochem degree on a travelling cruize ship, they just don't have the right facilities for those classes. Also that ship was caught in a rather big storm and a fair amount of the ship was damaged and the students traumatized. I think other than the library becoming soaked and some other damages it worked out alright but just goes to show it isn't always fun and sun.

Personally I have more interest in the Class Afloat program run out of Canada. You get to sail around the world....on actual old school sailing ships!! It is designed for grade 11 and 12 as well as some first year college classes. Of course I'm too old now but if I ever got the chance to go as a teacher or medical officer I doubt I could say no :P

Greg :D

I actually did want to do that....unfortunately it is hard to get a biochem degree on a travelling cruize ship, they just don't have the right facilities for those classes. Also that ship was caught in a rather big storm and a fair amount of the ship was damaged and the students traumatized. I think other than the library becoming soaked and some other damages it worked out alright but just goes to show it isn't always fun and sun.

Personally I have more interest in the Class Afloat program run out of Canada. You get to sail around the world....on actual old school sailing ships!! It is designed for grade 11 and 12 as well as some first year college classes. Of course I'm too old now but if I ever got the chance to go as a teacher or medical officer I doubt I could say no :P

Greg :D

Awwww you're not old!!! :D And yeah :( I've heard about the incident with SAS. Thankfully everyone was all right, but that was three years ago wasn't it? hehe. Coooolies, class afloat seems awesome! *Cheers you on* Hopefully you'll get to be a teacher on that ship one day!!!

Cheers!!!

Jovian ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I found that programme as well. Well I think its the same one. But too expensive and not quite the right courses on offer, but its a great idea. i liked best the opportunities you have while in the ports. goodluck if you ever decide to go for it. celia