A Road of Discovery

VoyeurVamp

First of all,thank-you to all those members who posted replies to my previous topic.I perused all the hosted authors on the site and the biopsy of Gabriel Morgan seemed to fit the bill,so to speak.

I have just read the first 5 chapters of '52 Panhead and was suitably impressed,although was the frequent use of the word 'f**K' really necessary?The sex scenes were beautifully described,graphic and arousing without being crude and the reader is almost willing the 2 main characters Jeffrery and Evan to fall hopelessly in love.

Except for afew short stories,this is only the second author of the gay genre that I have sampled-the first was Alan Hollinghurst.I must admit that I would prefer to be settled comfortably in an armchair reading an actual book(hard copy) instead of from my laptop screen.Have other members found this a problem?

I did peruse my local library archives but found precious gay fiction so..I guess e-fiction will have to suffice!

First of all,thank-you to all those members who posted replies to my previous topic.I perused all the hosted authors on the site and the biopsy of Gabriel Morgan seemed to fit the bill,so to speak.

I have just read the first 5 chapters of '52 Panhead and was suitably impressed,although was the frequent use of the word 'f**K' really necessary?The sex scenes were beautifully described,graphic and arousing without being crude and the reader is almost willing the 2 main characters Jeffrery and Evan to fall hopelessly in love.

Except for afew short stories,this is only the second author of the gay genre that I have sampled-the first was Alan Hollinghurst.I must admit that I would prefer to be settled comfortably in an armchair reading an actual book(hard copy) instead of from my laptop screen.Have other members found this a problem?

I did peruse my local library archives but found precious gay fiction so..I guess e-fiction will have to suffice!

Gabriel Morgan's story is amazing and the plot line never seems to get boring because he brings so much emotion to the table.

I guess I've been reading gay fiction online for sooo long that I'm used to it. Although I admit, I get neck and back pains if I read too long, so in that sense, having a book to hold rather than a laptop would be more comfortable. Since gay fiction doesn't take up a huge section in bookstores or libraries (I've checked my local ones, too), there is plenty on the internet. It's an untapped source, with the variety--especially on this site.

Like Drew I would encourage you to drop by Gabriel Morgan's forum and let him know what you thought! Authors usually love that sort of thing.

Actually, I rather like the internet version of books. It's nice to not have to hold anything while I'm reading, I always know right where my computer is (the can't always be said for my books :*) ), and it's actually nice to not have a book sitting around taking up space once I'm done.

But then again I'm a bit strange so what do I know? :boy:

• Site Administrator

I much prefer to hold a book, rather than to read online. I'm happy reading online, but my preference is a book because a) it's smaller & lighter, and B) I can take it practically anywhere, and read for as long as like.

The first gay fiction I read was The Front Runner by Patricia Nell Warren. I used to drop into a book store on the way to/from university, and read a few pages before putting it back on the shelf. I read the entire book that way.... I was living at home and there was no way I could bring myself to buy it.

Working It Out by Don Hanratty was the first online fiction that I read and remember (I read more before that, but it's the first one that made a significant impact on me). I read it on Nifty. That lead to a search for more stories by Don, but all I could find was a reference to him in one of the chapters of the Foley-Mashburn Saga by Brew Maxwell. The version on Nifty was not complete, and the last chapter there said the rest was at CRVBoy. I headed over there to read it, found the other stories at that site, then the links to other quality story sites, and that was that. It took me a while to get to GA, but I got here in the end. :D

Edited by Graeme