Battlestar Galactica- Finale

JamesSavik

OH MY GOD! Finally- a good sci-fi series that was ended well.

Usually they are just killed in the middle like Jericho and Jerimiah leaving you hanging.

BSG puts the series to a good satisfying end.

Of all the sci-fi series out there only a handful have been ended well: the new BSG, Babylon 5, ST:NG, ST:Voy, ST:DS9

The rest- they just pull the plug leavinging the fans going WTF happened.

OH MY GOD! Finally- a good sci-fi series that was ended well.

Usually they are just killed in the middle like Jericho and Jerimiah leaving you hanging.

BSG puts the series to a good satisfying end.

Of all the sci-fi series out there only a handful have been ended well: the new BSG, Babylon 5, ST:NG, ST:Voy, ST:DS9

The rest- they just pull the plug leavinging the fans going WTF happened.

Star Trek Voyager was not what I called ending well, but I agree with the rest.

The new BSG served so many levels of a good sci-fi series. You have action, large arcs, and questions. I think people will start looking back at the series and thinking to themselves; wow, it went from point A to Z with a plot that is believable enough and interesting based on human characters.

I loved how they ended Roslin's long struggle with cancer; it was the best ending ever. I may be gay, but I do love the soft spot that Adama and Roslin created, a gruffy old veteran and a soft-hearted school teacher, perfect TV power couple.

The religious and metaphysical nature of the series is going to be debated very soon on every forum of the web with BSG viewers. It is perhaps the most open interpretation of a living God that you could ever conceptualize in our reality. Kara's role as an "Angel/Deliverer" is another issue, which makes you think about causality and life's meaning.

Baltar is the most human character ever depicted in Sci-fi, self serving, egotistical, and most unfaithful man you will ever meet. He is the centerpiece of the series long stories as the character we in our darkest thoughts can relate to. A "Don Quixote" figure, who mishaps into adventure and has visions of a different reality than the one he lives in. Congrats on creating such a complicated man.

The most under appreciated character is Lee Adama, a warrior, a statemen, and a leader. He has followed the path of a noble human being in a inhospitable environment for nobility. He is a defender of the innocent, warrior against tyranny, and a democratically minded person with no aspirations for power or position. He has been too overlook in this series, which many should review again once the DVD's or more likely Torrents of the complete series come out.

Now Athena and Boomer, nice ending! (Don't want to spoil it) Same goes with Galen and Tory.

I will say this of the finale to peak interest:

"It has happened before and it shall happen again"

Great ending to a show. Very satisfying. It really tied everything together and explained most everything. Little things:

Galen and Tory: Woah.

Boomer and Athena: Yes. But...aww.

Roslin and Adama: Nearly cried.

I did like the explaination for Hera's purpose.

I knew Kara was going to leave but didn't really see that coming.

Anders: Another aww moment.

Helo should have died.

Thought the operahouse/looking for Hera in the ship scene was great.

Cavils ending: Soo funny.

Edited by Nerotorb

Anyone think BSG's The Plan will explain some of the more mysterious elements like the head people alittle more? Also, How did the original Kara die on earth-1?

You do realize that the same man wrote three of those final episodes --Ronald D. Moore!

Clearly the finales Moore wrote for both TNG and DS9 contribute technique to the BSG finale. (Flashbacks/flashforwards from TNG, the mysticism and conclusion of an epice tale in DS9.)

I liked the finale a lot. Well, maybe "liked" is too mild a word. I loved it, I thought it was brilliantly done all the way around, and I can't wait to get my hands on the extended version which we'll get in the DVD set whenever NBCU decides to let us have it.

I know there's been criticism of the Coda, but not from me. One of the points of the series has been the ethical/moral questions that have already started in terms of how humanity is going to deal with both "articifical life" and "artifical intelligence." And that didn't bother me at all. Nor the dialog (Head-Six reading the lead paragraph of the magazine article about the discovery of what presumably were Hera's skeletal remains.

There's much current theory thaat supports RDMs use of the "Eve" theory with Hera, including a study publsihed after he had written the finale that at one point within that time period based on DNA analysis, the population of homo sapiens had actually gone as low as 2,000 people before things turned around and humaity began to multipy.

We got many answers, although there are some we didn't get especially with respect to Kara and some aspects of how "Watchtower" played into everything. (Bear McCreary hasn't posted his blog for "Daybreak" yet, and I'm betting he may give us some insights about "Watchtower" than Moore hasn't. And reading Bear's blog has been one of the side joys that has come with BSG. His explanations of how the music informs the scenes (and which music he chooses to use) has been a weekly treat that I'll miss as much as the show itself.