Tasmanian Devil by Greedy Algorithm

Tasmanian Devil (link here) is a story of college love, mystery, magic, logic and ethics.

It parodises the human nature to the core. It can get very dark. You may laugh at some parts of the story, but if you think about it carefully, you may feel really bitter.

Expect a lot of drama and twists. I can't write simple stories - just to let you know. :P

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind words. :) When I crafted the story, I didn't expect that anyone would love it. I had so much fun writing it though. Can you tell? ha. :P

If you need to study philosophy to understand this story, this means I don't do a good job at explaining things. The first two scenes are rather fast-paced, giving readers a taste to how manipulative/sophisticated my characters could be. The scenes would either stun the reader or bore them :)

Moreover, I'm not going to tell everything explicitly. Certain parts of the narration are intentionally cryptic, and it is the reader's job to decode what I meant to say. :P (Evil, aren't I?) But I have to maintain the balance (between being a smartypants writer and being a good story teller), and be extra careful when I delve into concepts that require technical knowledge. You're right that I expect the readers to think along. This is not going to be an easy read, but I hope it would be an enjoyable one.

Don't worry about economics. :P I don't understand it either.

I agree with your crossing out. * thank you *

I was debating with myself about clarifying technical terms. But in this case, knowing or not knowing the terms makes no difference to me (maybe I'm biased because I know :P). The character clarified that the investment was economically worthwhile. That's the main idea. Those terms don't really matter, I think.

It is funny that I am quite good at hiding hints. Not my intention, but I'm pleased. :D Sometimes readers tell me that when they read my story the 2nd / 3rd time, they pick up something they didn't notice before. :)

Lying on her bed but her mind was elsewhere, a six-year-old Penny sighed.

No MCs here. The story is going to develop slowly, but the reader will get to know my characters, two or three at a time, in great details. Penny is an economics / business girl. Chapter 2 will be about a medical student named Charles Darwin. * evil grins * From Chapter 5 or 6, things are going to heat up as a bunch of clever characters plot their schemes and try to overshadow their 'targets'.

• Like 2