External Beauty or Internal Beauty?

Ashi

Look or Personality?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. When you pick your potential love interest....

• Go for the look.
    • It's inside that counts.

LOL. So I take that as meaning you wouldn't wanna meet me if i ever go to Cali

I didn't know how to answer that question, but now I reread your statement and I guess I'll just say... I wouldn't want to meet you. I hardly know you and you hardly know me. If I were younger, I would be super excited if someone I know online would come visit me... (I used to beg them to come or I threatened to visit them). Not nowadays. I've met a couple of Internet friends offline before and the encounters were never really interesting, though encounter #2 was more interesting though we hardly said anything interesting to each other. It didn't feel like how it is when we are online (and we knew each other for years). And I am one of those very quiet person in RL. That's also one reason I don't go on chat. One guy got really interested in me and I thought he joined that group I was in just to talk to me.., and he decided to chat with me and I was bored.... Ruined a perfectly nice impression of each other. Mutual disappointment. Besides, I am out of my social butterfly stage. I am more of a recluse nowadays.... It's just me and my camera which is fine by me. I am a mess, as I mentioned several times. You really don't want to meet me. I'll leave GA soon anyways, maybe just pop in once a while and see if someone's story is done.

Yeah, I don't remember how I met my friends also. Things do move slowly, especially me. Things can take months or years before I decided someone is truly my "friend." That's the kind of person I am in RL. Not I am stuck up, but I prefer to observe the person for a long while before I make a decision if the person is trustworthy. Not saying I don't trust people, but I do need a long period of no opinion on someone's character before I finally make a judgment.

Edited by Ashi

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Talk about asking a tough question.........

Truth be told, I value good looks. I'd like to feel attracted to the person, and I kind of believe that attraction is partly to do with an outer beauty that kindles a desire in the first instance.

I think that vanity closely follows good looks, and that is the most unattractive quality in a person. The arrogance that goes alongside vanity is really unattractive to me, so if that is true, then I guess that inner beauty is also important to me.

That is not to say that there are not some really nice, good looking guys out there that have it all.

Admittedly they are not always where we'd like them to be when we want them, but I've had a few happy experiences with guys I found incredibly hot who were proper nice guys too. :)

So if you'd included the choice of a mix of both Ashi, I guess I'd have been choosing that. :P

• Like 1

I agree with everyone that some sort of external attraction is necessary but I don't think it has to be the whole outside packaging. It could just be a feature - beautiful eyes, enticing smile, yummy smell, a smile producing laugh. It's just human nature to observe first, then interact to find out the rest. I'm going with 20 external, 80 internal.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Talk about asking a tough question.........

Truth be told, I value good looks. I'd like to feel attracted to the person, and I kind of believe that attraction is partly to do with an outer beauty that kindles a desire in the first instance.

I think that vanity closely follows good looks, and that is the most unattractive quality in a person. The arrogance that goes alongside vanity is really unattractive to me, so if that is true, then I guess that inner beauty is also important to me.

That is not to say that there are not some really nice, good looking guys out there that have it all.

Admittedly they are not always where we'd like them to be when we want them, but I've had a few happy experiences with guys I found incredibly hot who were proper nice guys too. Posted Image

So if you'd included the choice of a mix of both Ashi, I guess I'd have been choosing that. Posted Image

Yettie..., if I included that option, don't you think everyone would just vote that? Too easy! You gotta make people think, and think hard! There has to be a prevalent preference. Freud said everyone is born bisexual.... Bisexual my *ss. I am not even confused.... :P

I can't agree with you more, vanity is a very unattractive attribute to me as well, though sometimes I like to feel attractive just for myself. :) I once announced to a group of (mostly) straight folks that I want to be pretty, and one guys said, "Don't you mean handsome?" "No. I want to be pretty!" The princess responded. LOL! I was outrageous back then.... Everyone is young once, and I was just being silly.

That said, I think most people have a vulnerable side. And how they perceive themselves is a common one. I don't think I mind that much, but I just hope they'll realize, just being themselves is attractive enough, if they do have some substance, and if they met "the right one," the one who truly loves them for who they are. But not knowing if the person you like really loves you is the center of the problem here isn't it? Once a while I'll meet someone who would talk to me using big words, when I know that's not his usual vocabulary.... All that stuff..., exterior, shell, or whatever the word that describes the appearance.

When I first met Linguica, I didn't even consider him, because he was too handsome for me (I know..., that's like reverse-vanity). I probably had a lot of insecurity of my own (okay, not probably, I had a lot of that..., okay, I still have... :P), and his reputation was not encouraging. I thought he was just a bimbo (and he was like never serious about anything). I was wrong. Yes, he was very street..., always f*ck this, and f*ck that, but once I got passed all that, he was actually a very wise person. Underneath all that shallow appearance was a very profound person without pride or conceit (I feel I am reciting a Jane Austen novel... :P). So yeah, there are people who have both.... An average looking guy might look totally irresistible to me because of their personality. I think that's charming. You know..., (in British accent) charming.

Now, how could we send Bang Bang off to Abu Dhabi?

I reserve my opinion... :D

Actually I am about 50/50 at best I like physical attractiveness... however I like nice people too...

>_< what can i say I can't make up my mind about anything T_T

I think people are "hard wired" for the look that appeals to them and thus I voted for looks. Of course, if the looker is a plastic facade with no depth, you throw them back and fish some more until you find one that appeals to you both physically and mentally.